Experiences with RC Disney World one day excursion?

mickey765

Mouseketeer
My family has been to WDW before. Many people would think this is a waste of money, but my family knows what we want to see and understands that it's okay if we do not get to anything. Our ship arrives at Port Canaveral at noon and leaves at 9:30. We are going to go to MK because we get dropped off at the TTC and it would waste too much time to travel to the other parks.

I was wondering if anybody else has done this excursion? What were you able to get done? When did the transportation leave the park? (one hour before the ship departs?) How much time did you have at the park? What park did you visit?

I think it is a 3 hour round trip bus ride. That may be doable. Personally, I would come in a day early to have a whole day at a park.

My family has been to WDW before. Many people would think this is a waste of money, but my family knows what we want to see and understands that it's okay if we do not get to anything. Our ship arrives at Port Canaveral at noon and leaves at 9:30. We are going to go to MK because we get dropped off at the TTC and it would waste too much time to travel to the other parks.

I was wondering if anybody else has done this excursion? What were you able to get done? When did the transportation leave the park? (one hour before the ship departs?) How much time did you have at the park? What park did you visit?

A friend of mine did. She said she only had 4-5 hours at the park so they chose to do the attractions with little wait (like Philarmagic, tea cups, etc.) plus one or two priorities and ate at Quick Services in order to have more time for attractions.

Downloading the app with the wait times should be very helpful in your case.

We contemplated doing a park as well on our Port Canaveral stop. Not interested in space center stuff, and we love Disney. You'll probably see a lot of responses of "not worth it", etc....as it is quite expensive. But if you love Disney and this is your only opportunity and it's in the budget, then go for it.

We have the same timing as you with arrival at 12pm and leave at 9:30pm. Haven't done the excursion, but I've read other people's reviews on this timing that say they got there around 2pm and they had to be at the bus by 7pm. I'm sure if you pre-book your FP+ and make a general plan, you can get your "must do" attractions done.

For us, we decided on the Disney Springs shopping excursion (although still contemplating on Disney Transportation and just doing resort hopping/Disney Springs), but that's because we have a short Disney trip booked before our summer cruise.

We are on an RCCL cruise later this month and have booked Disney for that port of call. Our ship is in port 6am to 6pm and when I booked the transport via RCCL it says bus will leave port at 7:30am and be back on ship at 5pm. I wish it would leave earlier and know that another poster whose ship is in port from 7am to 7pm received the same hours as we did which doesn't make sense to me. I am guessing that since the MK does not open until 9 that RCCL thinks it's fine to leave port at 7:30 but doesn't understand that Disney lovers want to be there well before park open to try and rope drop something. Note also that hte bus drops you off at the TTC so you still have to get to the park (in our case, we plan on using uber to get to HWS).

It is expensive for one-day park tickets plus transport to/from port, but not more than going to Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas and with a plan and pre-booked FP, I think it will still be a magical day.

We are on an RCCL cruise later this month and have booked Disney for that port of call. Our ship is in port 6am to 6pm and when I booked the transport via RCCL it says bus will leave port at 7:30am and be back on ship at 5pm. I wish it would leave earlier and know that another poster whose ship is in port from 7am to 7pm received the same hours as we did which doesn't make sense to me. I am guessing that since the MK does not open until 9 that RCCL thinks it's fine to leave port at 7:30 but doesn't understand that Disney lovers want to be there well before park open to try and rope drop something. Note also that hte bus drops you off at the TTC so you still have to get to the park (in our case, we plan on using uber to get to HWS).

It is expensive for one-day park tickets plus transport to/from port, but not more than going to Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas and with a plan and pre-booked FP, I think it will still be a magical day.
Another option would be to arrange private transfer service. Then they can pick you up when you want to be picked up, drop you at the park you want, and take you back to the port when you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!