Experience with Jost Van Dyke beach transfer. Good... bad?

Bettyscruise

Mouseketeer
We are signed up for the above excursion on our Sept 24th cruise. I'm having a hard time finding any reports on this one. It looks simple enough, boat to the beach, enjoy, then return, but we're wondering about the details. Was your crew good? How is the beach? Are the amenities there OK? What time did you leave and return? Any info would be helpful.

We are signed up for the October 8th sailing. I have not heard much about the excursion but I really want to go to White Bay beach so we signed up. Hopefully someone will report on this excursion.

we are also on the october 8th sailing and have signed up for this on the Tortola port day. We are leaving our kids on the ship so booking through disney is the only option for us. I was disappointed because we initially were given an option of a 12;00pm departure and then after we signed up we received a message that it was only available for the 7;30 am trip. we also want to see white bay so i guess it's gonna be painkillers for breakfast:

We haven't been on this cruise or know anything about the actual excursion, but we have been to Jost Van Dyke and have great memories there. Had some of our best ribs ever there. Love the Soggy Dollar bar. Beautiful beach.

We haven't been on this cruise or know anything about the actual excursion, but we have been to Jost Van Dyke and have great memories there. Had some of our best ribs ever there. Love the Soggy Dollar bar. Beautiful beach.
where did you have the ribs?

We are signed up for the October 8th sailing. I have not heard much about the excursion but I really want to go to White Bay beach so we signed up. Hopefully someone will report on this excursion.
are you also on the disney excursion that leaves at 7:30 am/

are you also on the disney excursion that leaves at 7:30 am/
Yes we are on that excursion time.

We were not given a time option- but we had the concierge team make the reservations.

I was in Tortola in May and it gets pretty warm so I liked doing the earlier excursions. We are also doing Abi Beach in St. Thomas. I really liked that beach when we were there with NCL.

Last edited:
We did this excursion back in January. We had a short walk to a boat which took 40 minutes to get us to the island. Then we jumped on a few vehicles which held about 12 people each which drove us to the beach. The ride was very hilly and my kids treated it like they were on a Rollercoaster. Once we got to the beach we took a walk down to the very end of the beach(Make sure you use the chairs at the end of the beach or you'll get yelled at by the natives). The water was just awesome...no water shoes needed!! We had a BBQ lunch which was pretty good and oh...Don't forget to have a "Painkiller" when you are there. They really are good! I've made that drink a few times since being home. The time on the beach is about 3 hours which is plenty of time. Have fun!

We were not given a time option- but we had the concierge team make the reservations.

I was in Tortola in May and it gets pretty warm so I liked doing the earlier excursions. We are also doing Abi Beach in St. Thomas. I really liked that beach when we were there with NCL.[/QUOTE

Who are you traveling with? It will just be my husband and I on the excursion. We are leaving our kids on the ship. That is one of the reasons we are booking the excursion through disney.

I was in Tortola in May and it gets pretty warm so I liked doing the earlier excursions. We are also doing Abi Beach in St. Thomas. I really liked that beach when we were there with NCL.

Are you also on the facebook group for the cruise?

Are you also on the facebook group for the cruise?

I just noticed they added the full Beach day to Jost Van Dyke with lunch. Unfortunately the start time is 10:15 and it is 7 hours. We have Remy that evening so we could not switch over unless we move Remy. Trying to decide what to do. I am on other social media sites.

"I just noticed they added the full Beach day..."
You made me look. I checked the DCL site, looked at our available excursions, (where we'd actually book them), for the day at Tortola, and only saw the one JVD excursion. No all day, or any other for that matter. Where did you see the second JVD outing?

I just noticed they added the full Beach day to Jost Van Dyke with lunch. Unfortunately the start time is 10:15 and it is 7 hours. We have Remy that evening so we could not switch over unless we move Remy. Trying to decide what to do. I am on other social media sites.

I am going to keep the shorter one since we are leaving our kids in the kids club.

"I just noticed they added the full Beach day..."
You made me look. I checked the DCL site, looked at our available excursions, (where we'd actually book them), for the day at Tortola, and only saw the one JVD excursion. No all day, or any other for that matter. Where did you see the second JVD outing?

It is listed on the excursions page for our Tortola day for October sailing.

Must not be available in September for some reason.
It just showed up in the last day or two as I have been checking once I noticed the excursion back on the main list. It is called Jost Van Dyke Beach Day. Keep checking as you never know. I decided to move us to the full day. I really hope they do not cancel it.

The all day cuts it close to the 5:45 PM boarding time. I'll try to remember to report back with a review. Maybe I'll be home in time and comment before you sail in Oct. Odd there are so few reviews. Must not be as popular as most other excursions. Stratus22's review from Feb. wasn't 100% favorable.

There must a be a restaurant bar on the beach, but is it more than one or other things beyond the beach? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter