Experience with In Room Celebrations?

DisneyHomework

Mouseketeer
hi there,
I’ve had Disney floral deliver balloons and cake before. This time I called to arrange for this to celebrate birthdays during our trip, and it was strange. They told me the cake can’t be customized at all unless I handle separately thru the cake line (I have pictures of us celebrating with a customized cake on a prior trip, is this new?)... by customized I literally mean it said “happy birthday” but that’s not offered now.

This was strange as well. I asked for a specific delivery window. She said I had to pay for it and I said no problem. It’s $25 vs standard $10 fee, but last time we left the room at noon and returned at 10pm with a sleeping child who never saw his cake, so I will happily pay the $15 difference to have the cake arrive in the morning before we leave. So she then says, ok you should still tell someone at the hotel you’re expecting this and that you need it at a certain time...?

I get that all of it is a huge markup and not worth it, but if I’m paying $25 for a specific delivery window I don’t also want to manage it. Any success with Disney Floral doing what you have paid them to do?

Weird interaction- thanks for any feedback!

While on the phone I would have asked what time to expect the cake to be delivered for the standard $10 fee, and then ask what time to expect the cake to be delivered for the $25 fee for specific delivery. If they come back and say you have to do anything I would counter and say that it's not your job to do the work - it's what the $25 is for - you are telling them now to make arrangements for the resort to expect it as a result of paying the higher fee.

However, I can see how there would be a communications breakdown the various departments involved here. Someone delivers a cake with instructions to deliver to room # at a certain time period and no one at the resort takes responsibility to do the task. Even if you told someone at the hotel you would be expecting it, unless you saw someone write it down somewhere chances are it would come at a time the CM you told would be off duty and be sitting somewhere unattended.

Right, well certainly I clarified what to expect for the extra delivery fee, you are paying for a specific delivery time vs any time during the day. It was just weird for her to also recommend that I tell someone, as if that’s going to help organize a delivery at an operation the size of WDW Resort.

It felt as pointless as letting the front desk know I’m expecting some luggage from Magical Express and to keep an eye out .

Obviously if I don’t get the delivery at the time I paid for, i’ll handle it, just didn’t provide much piece of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!