Experience dinners in LA or San Diego?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
The dinners at Medieval Times and the Pirates Adventures look amazing in LA! Unfortunately I don't think we can fit them in since they look pretty late most days for my kids. If I could is one any better than the other? Do you really have to get there early to get good seats? How bad is traffic coming from LA on a Sunday or Friday late afternoon/early evening? Those days would be the best option after going to USH or the museums but I'm not sure how traffic would be or if we'd have to get in much earlier than the showtime for good seats. This would be the last week in September.

The second leg of our trip is to San Diego and we have a lot more free time since we don't have to worry about losing Disneyland time! Any chance they have any fun experience meals there?

I can't really think of any fun San Diego experience-type meals off the top of my head. If you are going Sea World I know they have an "eat with Shamu meal." Maybe ask on TripAdvisor's San Diego section; they are always very helpful.

Sunday traffic to/from LA will always be better than a Friday. No question.

I haven't been to Medieval Times in about 6 or 8 years but I don't think getting there super-early gets you any better seats. All of the seating is stadium-style with tables in front of you. The primo seats in the first couple rows are a higher price/package. FYI when I went there was no "kids food option" for Medieval Times and I had one child who only ate rolls. Check on the dining options for both shows.

PHXscuba

Medieval Timas and the Pirates are both great. Depends on which genre your kids like better. Keep in mind Medieval Times you don't use utensils, just FYI since some people kind of get weird about that. No real theme shows here.

I agree, both are great. Medieval Times is my favorite. They have a bunch of showtimes on the weekend (I think around 3:00, 5:00 and 8:00) and one showing each weekday night. It's an easy drive from Anaheim. The pirate show is good too. They both seat based on how early you get there, unless you spring for VIP, but there aren't really any bad seats. As for SD, the only "experience" dining I've done there is dinner theatre, which I wouldn't recommend for kids. I've done the breakfast with Shaumu and did not think it was worth the money (though my inlaws loved it, so YMMV).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!