Expanding the "bubble"

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
You hear people talk about being in the "Disney Bubble" often on these boards. How they love the buses and Magical Express as it keeps them in the bubble of Disney for their whole trip etc. I realize, that after a lifetime of thinking the same way, that my "disney bubble" has changed over time and now that I am a DVC member and travel more often, my "Disney Bubble" has grown immensely. Anyone else feel the same?

I would argue that our "bubble" includes all of Orlando now. Heck, I might even call it from the time we sit in the car in NC and begin our drive. It's our "vacation bubble"!

Who else has a big bubble??

Right there with you, and I live in Florida. The minute I get onto the turnpike heading north to Disney the anticipation begins. I go for 2-3 days at a time, I've planned a few fast passes, a couple of ADR's, pool time, cocktail time (new thing, try a different cocktail venue, there are so many new ones) I'm in the Disney Bubble, till it bursts at 11am check out time, but that's O.K. cause I'm coming back... soon!

I am in the bubble from the moment I leave the work yard the day before my vacation starts till I return to back to work. Living one hour from WDW doesn't hurt either.

I absolutely agree! Several years ago, I NEVER would have stayed off property or considered a rental car. Now that I stay with friends fifteen minutes down the road, I'm able to visit WDW much more frequently (5-10 times per year). The ease and speed of a rental car also makes me not want to take the DME or park buses anymore.

Since our vacations are pretty much exclusively Disney, the vacation bubble and the Disney bubble are the same thing. I do not get the same feeling when embarking on trips back up north to visit my family.

I think some choose to be in the Disney bubble because that's where they want to be. Some are "trapped" there because they don't have access to a vehicle (and Disney keeps making it easier to accept this with things like DME, new resort transportation systems, parking fess, etc.). My family chooses to remain in the bubble on some trips, but others we choose to break out to include Universal, taking careful consideration of the extra cost.

Some stay offsite (perhaps to save money) and extend that bubble by necessity. But I'm guessing most on this thread are DVC members, and have little reason to stay offsite.

I think some choose to be in the Disney bubble because that's where they want to be. Some are "trapped" there because they don't have access to a vehicle (and Disney keeps making it easier to accept this with things like DME, new resort transportation systems, parking fess, etc.). My family chooses to remain in the bubble on some trips, but others we choose to break out to include Universal, taking careful consideration of the extra cost.

Some stay offsite (perhaps to save money) and extend that bubble by necessity. But I'm guessing most on this thread are DVC members, and have little reason to stay offsite.

We supplement our DVC with offsite cash trips when our points run out.

Well, I take vacations other than Disney, and I enjoy them too but for me, the Disney Bubble is the whole enchilada, the smells of the popcorn cart at the entrance of MK, the smell of Its a Small World, smells from wonderful times as a child with my parents back in the 70’s & 80’s, to the newer smells of the resorts (when you enter a villa, each resort has its own) , now associated with my son, my family. It’s like a transporter, to another time, a happy carefree time.

I like the suggestion considering both "vacation bubble" and "Disney bubble." I think this fits us, too?

This thread helped me gain better focus on why I'm a bit restless about an upcoming Orlando trip in Dec. It will be our first off-site WDW visit in years. I won't be inside the Disney bubble! I'll need to have a car. Regarding this trip and its planning, I feel like I'm sorta "hanging" in mid-air somewhere; certainly not grounded. I'm feeling quite disconnected ... we have "flying into Orlando" + "family vacation" + "timeshare" ... but not DVC and maybe not WDW. How strange ...

We just took a trip in May to Orlando where we used our DVC to stay at SSR but didn't do any Disney parks. We did visit Disney Springs (which is why we stayed at SSR...for easy access) but we went to Sea World, Aquatica, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens. We had an AMAZING time and still felt like we were in the bubble even when we were in Tampa.

My parents have a narrower definition of their bubble. They don't want to see the inside of a car the whole trip LOL. They love ME whisking them to their resort and then using Disney transport to get around. My dad loves staying at resorts that have boat transportation. They don't want to leave property for any meals etc.

We also live in NC and the drive down to Disney is when our bubble starts! We discuss what we have already planned for the trip and what we might want to try new this time. The bubble definitely pops for us as we are driving away from the resort...the ride home is never as exciting! Lol
We also subsidize our trips with another timeshare and stay off property when we are low on points. I prefer on property but would never turn down an off property stay as long as I know I will be on property at least once a day!

I personally don't care about bubbles. It's all the real world, it just looks different sometimes.

I don't mind driving, I don't mind being on a highway, etc, as long as it takes me some place I want to be, whether that's the disney outlet store or Sweet Tomatoes or Daytona to visit my cousins, or to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter