Excusions for toddlers?

TeamMMouse

Mouseketeer
We will have two children with us who will 14 months and 17 months when we cruise. Do any of the excursions allow children of this age? Appreciate your info!

I am also looking for similiar information. My DD will be 3 when we cruise May 25th. I posted a request for info awhile back and the thread has disappeared. But Tay N Evie's Mom was gracious enough to pass along the following information which I have tucked away. I thought it was very useful.

"We took our 3 year old twins on DCL twice last year-once on a 7 day and the other a 4 day cruise. The types of excursions we picked were the butterfly farm/shopping on ST. Maarten, a beach day in ST. Thomas and glass bottom boat in the Bahamas. Our favorite was the beach day, even though DH is not a beach person we were taken to a resort and had use of their amenities (bathrooms, showers, food, etc.). I didn't care for the glass bottom boat-really nothing to see and it cost around $80. Shopping was nice since we could go back to the boat whenever the kids pooped out. Look for age and height restrictions when you pick. We wanted to go on the sub tours, but our kids were too short. It's hard to say what specifically to go on since I haven't seen the western excursion list yet. We're going on the 5/11/02 cruise so I can let you know. Just make sure you bring hats, sunscreen, bottled water, various meds,snacks and anything else you can think of when you go. I actually had neck spasms come out of nowhere on St. Maarten and thank goodness I had Advil in my bag or we would have had to head back to the boat early. Make sure you bring a beach type bag to carry all your stuff in."

My kids are now 4 (boy they grow up fast) and I can tell you what excursions we picked for our May 11 Western cruise. On Key West-we decided to do our own stuff. I thought the price of the excursions were a little high and since Key West is small we should be able to get to the activities and pay much less. On Grand Cayman-Grand Cayman Island Tour-with little ones you're riding in an air-conditioned bus and I think our kids would like the Turtle Farm. We also decided to go with Capt. Marvin's for Stingray City. DCL age is 6-but Capt Marvin's has life vests for kids ages 4 and up. Cozumel-Cozumel Ruins & Beach Tour-DH is more of a sightseer, but all the ruins tours are 6.5-7 hours long-way too long for the kids to keep interested. We figured it would be a good mixture of fun and education. I thought DCL had way too many age restricted excursions for the Western cruise. We wanted to do the Atlantis Sub this time-but boy it's expensive $250 for the 4 of us for a 2 hour tour. One thing I forgot to mention is bring antibacterial wipes to use just in case your little ones touch anything or need to use a public restroom.

Tay n Evies Mom,

I agree that DCL is too strict with the ages on the excursions. Our DD will be 4 when we go in Feb 2003 and I have looked into setting up our own excursions. Captn Marv's was one of them that I was looking into. You will have to let me know how your 4 year old does with the Stingrays. Our DD is a daredevil and loves the water. I have bought her own snorkel gear so she can practice this summer. Our DD will be almost 5,but that is still to young for DCL. Please let me know how your trip goes.... Have a great time!!:cool:

I called DCL to book our other excursions today. I told them that there were too many age restricted excursions-they told me they were aware of it. Since we're on the 1st Western cruise we're the guinnea pigs. Hopefully they'll make some changes as time goes on.

That's good. Maybe by Feb things will have changed. Although booking through an outside company can be cheaper and smaller groups?? I have heard really good things about Capt Marv's. The was also a write up in the St.louis travel section this past weekend about "www.shoreexcursions.com" It is supposed to be a great place for cruise ship passengers to set up excursions on their own. How exciting it must be to only have one month to go!!!!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter