• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excursions and "your stuff"

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
I am new to cruising so please understand if I sound like an idiot. If for example you go to Nassau/Paradise Island/Castaway Cay for the day and want to swim, what do you do with any "stuff" like cameras, etc. that you've got with you? Are there lockers? Do you bring everything back to the ship?

For beaches, we take along disposable water cameras. We leave our good cameras in the Stateroom safe.

on castaway Cay, I take a beach bag with our extras. we wear our suits and cover-ups. I just leave all our stuff in the bag under our chair. I'm very trusting, plus I do try to keep an eye on our stuff. The most valuable thing I take is our camera. I haven't done the excursions on Nassau, but I did the same thing on St Thomas. I purchased a water wallet on board and kept my idand extra money in there.

We did a kayaking excursion in Freeport (AMAZING) and you had to take care of your own items. Each person got a water proof bag to put stuff in but it was up to you to carry it around.

On Castaway Cay there are no lockers so if you lug it off the boat, it's your job to keep and eye on it or take it back to your room when you're done with it.

Best rule of thumb I can provide, don't bring anything off the boat you don't want to have to keep and eye on. There may be lockers and such on other excursions like the dolphin swin and such (anybody want to chime in here with their experience) but it's always smart bring along just the essentials.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter