Excited to be head back

9 years since? Yowza! :scared1:

Dean and Monica,

It's gonna feel familiar but different. I don't know if during your last visit the Premium (big over-paved sites) were in yet. 600 loop has added more sites up towards the Meadow Trading Post. Loop 2100 was cabins and has been converted (back) to a camping loop due to strong demand for campsites (and less demand for cabins).

You're booked.

Now make your ADR's when the time comes.

Then make your FP+ when the time comes.

Make a loop request if you want to.

I'll ask for Teamubr because he's so shy - but he wants to know why it's been 9 years since you've been to the Fort? :scratchin Did Jamaica in winter and Tahiti in spring get old? :lmao:

Bama Ed

We felt after 9 years was long enough to wait to take the kid out there. Plus it’s a long haul all the way from Colorado. We’ve been reading up on the changes and can hardly wait to get out there.

I'll ask for Teamubr because he's so shy - but he wants to know why it's been 9 years
Awe, you beat me to it.

it’s a long haul all the way from Colorado. We’ve been reading up on the changes and can hardly wait to get out there.
Colorado?! That's quite a haul. I had to Google Map the trip to see how you'd come. Apparently the 2nd half of your trip is the same way I take. I live outside of St Louis and you nearly drive past my house.

:welcome: to the Camping Forum. Stick around until your trip and tell us what you have planned. If you have any questions, there are a bunch of us that are glad to help. If we don't know the answer, we've gotten pretty good at making things up that sound convincing. :D Some of us are practicing to be bus drivers.

j

Welcome back. The boys mentioned some of the changes that have taken place. Some good, some not so good, but that's the reality everywhere these days. Sounds like a long haul from Colorado but it should be fun.

We felt after 9 years was long enough to wait to take the kid out there. Plus it’s a long haul all the way from Colorado. We’ve been reading up on the changes and can hardly wait to get out there.
:welcome: I know about the long hauls, we are a little west of Lincoln, Ne so about 1500 miles for us. We are headed to the fort in mid-July, DW, Me, DS and family with 2 campers. DW and I last trip was Dec of 2014, first time to WDW for the 3 grandkids so that is exciting. Teamubr: we probably go from ST. Louis the same way you do so we will wave when we go past! :wave: Have a fun and safe trip!!

Teamubr: we probably go from ST. Louis the same way you do so we will wave when we go past! :wave:
I'll wave back. I used to be up your way several times a year when I was racing. There's a track south of Omaha and another in Hastings. Nice part of the country... from May to September.

j

Apparently the 2nd half of your trip is the same way I take. I live outside of St Louis and you nearly drive past my house.

That's the same route I used last month for a portion of our drive (came down I39 from WI) - it's actually a really nice drive with a surprisingly light amount of traffic overall. The insane number of times I had to change lanes to stay on the right road in Nashville is really the only thing that caught me off guard.

Nonetheless, congrats on the booking Monica. Have fun planning!!

I'll wave back. I used to be up your way several times a year when I was racing. There's a track south of Omaha and another in Hastings. Nice part of the country... from May to September.

j
Off topic but, track south and west of Omaha maybe? Greenwood? I-80 speedway? What were you racing? We have some nice racetracks close here, Eagle Raceway, McCool Junction Speedway.

Off topic but, track south and west of Omaha maybe? Greenwood? I-80 speedway? What were you racing? We have some nice racetracks close here, Eagle Raceway, McCool Junction Speedway.
I'll keep it brief since this is a little off topic. I road raced Mustangs and Miatas. South of Omaha is MidAmerica (MAM), now called Raceway Park of the Midlands and Hastings has a nice little private road course, Motorsports Park Hastings.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!