Excited about Disney Plus

eclipsedisney

Earning My Ears
I am super excited about the launch of DIsney's new streaming service, Disney Plus. I am most excited about being able to watch all the old the classics anytime that I want! I love the classics so much, and there are so many that I have yet to see. Who else is as excited as me?

I got the email, went to the website, entered all my payment info and have now been stuck on "waiting for proxy tunnel" for the last 15 minutes. Anyone else having trouble?

Edit: Tried again, and got through!

Last edited:

Yes! My family too! I'm hoping I can watch and introduce my kids to my fav classics growing up and some new!
Husby is thinking Star Wars will not be excluded.

I am excited too! Free version- D23 member here... just got an email with a special for $140 for 3 years of service with renewal rate $69.99 in 2022. I bet it’s not too late for fans who want to sign up to be a D23 member and you don’t have to be gold to recieve a promo!

@Liz/Disney Diva star wars everything will be exclusive to this platform eventually. I dont think you will see episode 9 on anything but Disney plus and once the licensing ends for the others with Netflix they will all be on Disney +

I am excited too! Free version- D23 member here... just got an email with a special for $140 for 3 years of service with renewal rate $69.99 in 2022. I bet it’s not too late for fans who want to sign up to be a D23 member and you don’t have to be gold to recieve a promo!
that's what I got too was ecstatic done deal for me

@Liz/Disney Diva star wars everything will be exclusive to this platform eventually. I dont think you will see episode 9 on anything but Disney plus and once the licensing ends for the others with Netflix they will all be on Disney +
Disney already owns ESPN and ABC, Netflix may become owned by Disney as well? From a business law standpoint that is puzzling. I typically receive emails from the ABA regarding legal prominence pertaining to Disney or large companies. To my knowledge Paramount is diligently working on new licenses to shoulder vulnerability, they also exercise great business law practices w/ very experienced and zealous BLA. Not impossible but I personally would not "bet on it." To imagine that, WOW! This will be interesting, I do not even watch Netflix much at all. We have Hulu,Netflix,Cable, and Amazon Prime. Really waiting for DIS! We will love having anything Star Wars content along with some Dis classics.

Last edited:
Disney already owns ESPN and ABC, Netflix may become owned by Disney as well? From a business law standpoint that is puzzling. I typically receive emails from the ABA regarding legal prominence pertaining to Disney or large companies. To my knowledge Paramount is diligently working on new licenses to shoulder vulnerability, they also exercise great business law practices w/ very experienced and zealous BLA. Not impossible but I personally would not "bet on it." To imagine that, WOW! This will be interesting, I do not even watch Netflix much at all. We have Hulu,Netflix,Cable, and Amazon Prime. Really waiting for DIS! We will love having anything Star Wars content along with some Dis classics.

I don't believe Disney will be buying Netflix. There were rumors about that a few years back, but they have now taken a different route and with D+ and Hulu, they don't need Netflix. There are still some contracts in place though aand some Disney movies will continue to be on Netflix until those deals expire - then the content will move to D+.

I don't believe Disney will be buying Netflix. There were rumors about that a few years back, but they have now taken a different route and with D+ and Hulu, they don't need Netflix. There are still some contracts in place though aand some Disney movies will continue to be on Netflix until those deals expire - then the content will move to D+.
That makes sense and sounds accurate because then there could be tort law grounds/lawsuit(s) with customers. I did not even know Dis movies or content was available on Netflix! Shows how little I watch it, our latest Dis viewing experience was ordering/purchasing HON Dame on Amazon as it was not included with Prime. You sound on top of things, keep us updated!

Last edited:
That makes sense because and sounds accurate because then there could be tort law grounds/lawsuit(s) with customers. I did not even know Dis movies or content was available on Netflix! Shows how little I watch it, our latest Dis viewing experience was ordering/purchasing HON Dame on Amazon as it was not included with Prime. You sound on top of things, keep us updated!

There are a few Disney Movies on Netflix - there used to be more. A couple years ago they signed to be the exclusive streaming home for new releases over the following two years. I believe that deal has ended now so future Disney Releases will be on D+ exclusively. I am not sure when the overall contract expires on the other films, but I would expect to see them drop off relatively soon.

The deal at D23 was three years of a $12.99 package for $140 total so less than $4 a month. They has 12 sign up stations and all had long lines

That makes sense because and sounds accurate because then there could be tort law grounds/lawsuit(s) with customers. I did not even know Dis movies or content was available on Netflix! Shows how little I watch it, our latest Dis viewing experience was ordering/purchasing HON Dame on Amazon as it was not included with Prime. You sound on top of things, keep us updated!
It's all just contracts. Customers of Netflix and other streaming services know their content is subject to change month to month, and for the most part those customers are paying month to month too. Disney actually had a big exclusive streaming deal with Netflix a few years ago, but they quickly changed course and said they would be doing their own thing, which is now Disney+.

(Edit: I see @BrianL covered this already :) )

Tort Law action reaches beyond customer relations and is not for the simple minded. Multimillion deals are made from the execs that paid Netflix to create and air shows. I'm politely out, I'm not discussing Business and Tort Law w/ non-attorneys who take back misinformation they typed w/o holding a law degree.

Tort Law action reaches beyond customer relations and is not for the simple minded. Multimillion deals are made from the execs that paid Netflix to create and air shows. I'm politely out, I'm not discussing Business and Tort Law w/ non-attorneys who take back misinformation they typed w/o holding a law degree. And the formality and grammer of "change course" is recourse.

Tort Law action reaches beyond customer relations and is not for the simple minded. Multimillion deals are made from the execs that paid Netflix to create and air shows. I'm politely out, I'm not discussing Business and Tort Law w/ non-attorneys who take back misinformation they typed w/o holding a law degree.

I don't think anyone here is trying to discuss the law, nor do we claim to be lawyers. I'm the first to admit that I have no idea of the substance of the contracts, though I would assume that Disney and Netflix have plenty of lawyers who do. What we do know is that Disney is unlikely to be acquiring Netflix at this time and that their movies will fall off of Netflix as their terms expire and will be added to D+ as Disney would now prefer.

A couple of years ago there was a lot of speculation that the exclusivity deal between Disney and Netflix would lead to an acquisition, but things changed, Netflix grew exponentially, and Fox became a better target. By purchasing Fox Disney took control of Hulu, one of Netflix's biggest competitors and that will now serve as their streaming technology platform.

There are a few Disney Movies on Netflix - there used to be more. A couple years ago they signed to be the exclusive streaming home for new releases over the following two years. I believe that deal has ended now so future Disney Releases will be on D+ exclusively. I am not sure when the overall contract expires on the other films, but I would expect to see them drop off relatively soon.
yep it ended this is why there is a few still on the platform and are phasing out eventually. The last star wars movie was the 8th episode I believe.

I don't think anyone here is trying to discuss the law, nor do we claim to be lawyers. I'm the first to admit that I have no idea of the substance of the contracts, though I would assume that Disney and Netflix have plenty of lawyers who do. What we do know is that Disney is unlikely to be acquiring Netflix at this time and that their movies will fall off of Netflix as their terms expire and will be added to D+ as Disney would now prefer.

A couple of years ago there was a lot of speculation that the exclusivity deal between Disney and Netflix would lead to an acquisition, but things changed, Netflix grew exponentially, and Fox became a better target. By purchasing Fox Disney took control of Hulu, one of Netflix's biggest competitors and that will now serve as their streaming technology platform.
agreed I think Netflix is valued very high for now.
It dominates I also think Disney will dominate but I am biased..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!