Exceptional Service at SSR!!

tgj

Havin' a Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Day!
During our recent, absolutely fantastic stay at SSR, we experienced some exceptional, above and beyond the call of duty service. I'd like to recognize the two cast members by writing a letter. Thought I should address it to the General Manager of SSR, maybe Jim Lewis, and probably someone at the corporate office.

Does anyone know where I could get some of these addresses and/or contact names of the most appropriate people? I'm sure I can get the SSR Manager right from the resort itself, but wasn't sure about the others.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much
TGJ

Actually the best route is to write Disney Guest Communications. They will forward copies to the people you mentioned and also put a copy in the CM's personnel file.

If you write to specific people it is only going to get routed back through Guest Communications anyway.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

We had great service too! They made an error and put us in an occupied room, when we went to the front desk for a different room they gave us a 100.00 credit on our account for our trouble. We didn't complain or anything to get the money.

By all means, tell us the story.

As long as you asked...

Well, it may not seem like much to others, but it was important to us. MY wife, son and I were at SSR for a week and we arranged to have ONE romantic dinner, just my wife and I. We made later evening reservations at the Turf Club. We were seated at a nice inside table with a view of the lake.

The place wasn't that crowded, but for some reason, there was seated a table for six right next to us: four over-tired and hyper kids, and two very uninterested-in-being-parents-anymore-today adults. Dad just sat drinking, Mom was doting on an infant, while the three older ones were given free reign. No toys or books or crayons, mind you, just silverware and plates to play with. And cry. And fight. And futile attempts to try to get some attention from Mom or Dad.

Now I fully understand that it is Disney, and quiet romatic meals are not common, but this was beyond anything we've seen. We were ready to just cut our losses, leave and forget about a nice meal for two. Dave, the manager at Turf Club, was quickly able to move us to a much nicer table. JR the waiter, did everything he could to make our meal memorable.

I can hear some of you saying: "That's it?"

Like I said, it may sound like something that should be normal and expected, but the staff could have been jerks and ruined everything. For us, on that night, it saved a potential disaster and made it into a wonderful evening. Every time we saw Dave around the resort he apologized for the inconvenience to us.

To me, those simple acts are worth writing about, with the hopes of encouraging it for others. Sometimes, little, unexpected things make magic happen!

I love to read those threads of little things that really made a difference.

Thanks!
TJ

tgj....

That sounds like a great story....I agree with you, that could have been a disaster! Glad to see it worked out. This sounds like a very legitimate reason to write Disney Guest Relations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter