Excellent airfare deals

butterscotchcollins

Drop Chicken
Before anyone starts, acknowledging here that travel by air is still limited right now and not an option for many, especially internationally.

That being said...

I have gotten some killer deals on airfare for the remainder of the year and into 2021, and I'm pretty excited about it so I wanted to share in case anyone else is experiencing this silver lining. The reason I'm even travelling is because I'm getting married in 5 months (well, trying to) at a domestic destination, and I'm saving a ton of budget that I wasn't planning to with all the back-and-forth we have to do for various wedding errands that can't be done virtually. We even booked our globe-trotting honeymoon in first class for an outrageously low number of miles compared to what those award flights usually go for. TBD on whether we can actually take that trip in 8 months :bitelip: Or what the service/experience is even going to be like. (I'm probably jinxing myself.)

So, if you have to travel in the near(ish) future, or just want a good deal, and can live without alcohol on flights (;_;), there are plenty of deals to be had.

Just be aware that because of our poor Coronavirus response in the USA that Canada and the entire EU has blocked Americans from travel to their countries

That’s because they had the virus months before us and are now recovering while we are still in the midst of the pandemic. We blocked travel from Europe to protect our citizens, so I can appreciate them taking care of their own. Reducing the spread is a more important priority now than tourists taking a vacation.

That’s because they had the virus months before us and are now recovering while we are still in the midst of the pandemic. We blocked travel from Europe to protect our citizens, so I can appreciate them taking care of their own. Reducing the spread is a more important priority now than tourists taking a vacation.

While it annoys me on a personal level because I will probably have to cancel a long-planned vacation, I understand and agree with their decision (when it actually comes out...right now everything is a rumor, until the planned July 1 announcement).

Guys that's why I put the first line in bold. Sorry, not the point of opening the discussion. I wanted to share for any budget-conscious travelers that if you have to travel (or just want to score some great deals for 2021) I'm seeing a lot of really great deals and affordable flights.

For example, we booked our trip to Tokyo next year (yes, NEXT year) on Delta One Suites via LAX for 105,000 miles one-way - I've never seen an award that low for a first-class international flight. Again, a lot can (and needs to) happen before then for us to actually be able to take our trip but in the meantime we've saved a ton of $.

Even first-class from NYC to Orlando in January for the Marathon is $250. That's less than what we paid for Basic Economy last summer. Just crazy!

They were hit before us, yes. But our response has been poor and unorganized in many places. Our American spirit of doing our own thing has led to many not using good precautions which is resulting in continued transmission of the virus. I agree we need to quell the spread by doing whatever is necessary. We had plans for Europe this summer but cancelled them a while ago because of the risk of infection. We're still working on refunds. Hoping they come through.

Guys that's why I put the first line in bold. Sorry, not the point of opening the discussion. I wanted to share for any budget-conscious travelers that if you have to travel (or just want to score some great deals for 2021) I'm seeing a lot of really great deals and affordable flights.

For example, we booked our trip to Tokyo next year (yes, NEXT year) on Delta One Suites via LAX for 105,000 miles one-way - I've never seen an award that low for a first-class international flight. Again, a lot can (and needs to) happen before then for us to actually be able to take our trip but in the meantime we've saved a ton of $.

Even first-class from NYC to Orlando in January for the Marathon is $250. That's less than what we paid for Basic Economy last summer. Just crazy!

Didn't mean to sound negative, just wanted to make sure all are thinking well into 2021 before planning! :)

Yep I took a chance and got great airline flight from phiily to MCO round trip non stop for 77 dollars a person. Yes 77 a person round trip once I picked our seats it came to just under 100 a person. This was for non refundable. Refundable they wanted their normal close to 300 dollars. Right now it looks like I have to eat that money because my state has a 14 day quarantine once you get back from Florida. Flight is in August 31 not looking good. Oh well 198 for both of us.
hopefully Florida can get their act together soon but not counting on it.

Yep I took a chance and got great airline flight from phiily to MCO round trip non stop for 77 dollars a person. Yes 77 a person round trip once I picked our seats it came to just under 100 a person. This was for non refundable. Refundable they wanted their normal close to 300 dollars. Right now it looks like I have to eat that money because my state has a 14 day quarantine once you get back from Florida. Flight is in August 31 not looking good. Oh well 198 for both of us.
Even if it's non-refundable they aren't offering a fee waiver to change the flight or take a voucher good for a year?

Even if it's non-refundable they aren't offering a fee waiver to change the flight or take a voucher good for a year?

Depends on when you booked it for some airlines. If it was booked post covid starting, some are not offering that option because you knew you were taking your chances.

The flight prices have been insanely cheap...though some might say it would be insane to fly right now. I priced out a roundtrip flight for a family of 4 to MCO and it was $85 total, not including luggage. True it was on Frontier, but we have spent more going out to eat.

we got Chicago to MCO for $89 round trip on American. Is that your airline? They are non refundable BUT they extended their no-fee date change policy so if you move to another date you won’t lose money, just pay the difference if the flight you end up choosing is higher.
Just yesterday we decided to see how much it would be to pay to pick a seat. We picked an aisle and window (hoping to deter anyone from joining our row since American decided to sell middle seats now 🤔) and all the seat prices were different but very cheap. TOTAL spent on seats was $55. Four seats, two each way. Not bad at all. $233 total round trip for two people. Unreal prices. Still scared though!

We booked Southwest Orlando to Disneyland and got the flights for just under 180 round trip. I was very excited about that until I found out there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine post airport exposure for food service workers. So we are waiting until the last min to decide whether to go or not. At least Southwest is offering 2yrs to redeem travel funds if we cancel. Everything else is booked on points so no risk on that.

I'm overly hesitant to book backup plans since even cheap travel for 6 is not cheap. LOL

Also be aware that even though many airlines say they are keeping more seats open, I had family fly to Oklahoma recently and the plane was PACKED. No distancing at all.

Remember to book directly with airline and NOT third party site. If issues you have to deal with Expedia, Priceline, etc. Any refund goes through them NOT the airline. It will be airline refund policy but you deal directly with third party you booked with not airline.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!