Example Email to Concierge

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has a copy of an email they sent to Concierge when requesting things at the 125 day mark. I'm not sure how to type it up and was hoping someone could share how their's looks. I plan on requesting a lot and not sure how that will work without knowing specific times for things

Hello-
I just list each day and what we would like to do on those days, Since I do not know specific times things are offered i will just ask for early afternoon , mid afternoon etc.They will reply back with time choices , and after they get your email they might even call you to clarify, they have 5 days from when they get your email until booking opens up to fine tune your requests for you.

Here is one from last year I did
june 22 Castaway Cay Couples Cabana Swedish Massage
june 22 family cabana
june 22 palo dinner 8:00 pm
june 23 Character Meet and Greet tickets late morning
june 21 Elemis Oxydermy Facial 2:30? want to be done before for sail away party.

And this what they send you
Hello Braga Party,
We would like to welcome you to our Disney Cruise Line Concierge Family!
Sailing on the Disney Dream on June 6, 2018, Reservation
As a Concierge Guest, your services begin even before you board the ship. The Shoreside Concierge Services team can begin to accept requests for calendar reminders and offer you personalized service in planning the details of your cruise beginning 125 days (February 1, 2018) prior to your sailing starting at 12:00am Eastern Time. Pre-arranged services include:

•Port Adventures

•Adult dining reservations at Palo and Remy

•Spa services/treatments

•Select Beverage Tastings

•Character Meet and Greet tickets

•Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Pirate’s League

•Royal Court Royal Tea

•Nursery reservations

•Dining time requests

•Special occasions and celebration planning

•Transportation

•Assistance with special requests

The Concierge booking window opens at 120 days (February 6, 2018) prior to sailing. On this day, the Shoreside Concierge team will assist in booking your requested activities provided your reservation is paid in full. Please note requested services are booked in the order in which they are received, and it is possible that some services may not be available.

The Disney Cruise Line Shoreside Concierge Services team is available Monday through Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., EST.

We are thrilled you are sailing with us and are ready to make your pre-arrival experience exceptional!

Hi
These are my requests. We are sailing on the Disney Dream on xxxxx, Reservation # 2xxxxx . We also have family traveling under a linked reservation #xxxxxx.

1. Cabana on Castaway Cay for BOTH days- Cabana Number 6 or another low numbered cabana if 6 not available. 4 adults, 2 children
2. Reservations at Remy on Day 2 at 8:00 pm - 2 adults
3. Dining rotation AERAE
4 .Chocolate Liquor Tasting Day 5 (day at sea) - 4 adults
5. Dolphin Swim at Blue Lagoon for 3 adults, 1 Child age 11, 1 child age 7.
6. Dolphin Observer 1 Adult

Hi
These are my requests. We are sailing on the Disney Dream on xxxxx, Reservation # 2xxxxx . We also have family traveling under a linked reservation #xxxxxx.

1. Cabana on Castaway Cay for BOTH days- Cabana Number 6 or another low numbered cabana if 6 not available. 4 adults, 2 children
2. Reservations at Remy on Day 2 at 8:00 pm - 2 adults
3. Dining rotation AERAE
4 .Chocolate Liquor Tasting Day 5 (day at sea) - 4 adults
5. Dolphin Swim at Blue Lagoon for 3 adults, 1 Child age 11, 1 child age 7.
6. Dolphin Observer 1 Adult

My only question is what happens if the rotation order is different? Why are you requesting that - a particular MDR for formal night OR Pirate Night? AP on night 1? It helps if they know the reason for the request because the rotations do change on occasion.

My only question is what happens if the rotation order is different? Why are you requesting that - a particular MDR for formal night OR Pirate Night? AP on night 1? It helps if they know the reason for the request because the rotations do change on occasion.
We request it so we can be in our desired MDR on pirates night. If it changes so be it, but this is our 4th cruise and it hasn't changed yet.

We request it so we can be in our desired MDR on pirates night. If it changes so be it, but this is our 4th cruise and it hasn't changed yet.

That's how I phrase my requests so that if it changes they know why I requested that. Just simply "MDR X on Pirate Night." Makes it a lot easer than them trying to be mind readers if it does change.

Can you request a table where you can interact with Crush at AP? I don't care what tables we get in the other MDRs, but my older DS loved Turtle Talk with Crush at WDW and would be thrilled to chat with his turtle buddy again. Duudde.

@chrisnb @saraheli
Thanks this is great! What time can I send them my email since it says they process in the order they are received? Would it be midnight at 125 day?

Yes Midnight eastern time they will email you and most likely call you before hand and let you know, I am i california so it is easy for me 9:01 I send email
chris

Can you request a table where you can interact with Crush at AP? I don't care what tables we get in the other MDRs, but my older DS loved Turtle Talk with Crush at WDW and would be thrilled to chat with his turtle buddy again. Duudde.

You can request it, but you may just be in the area where a few tables could get interaction and still not be the chosen table. We were concierge our first cruise and in one of the areas, but our table was not selected.

What other requests can you make in your Email? I read somewhere that you can request a type of coke product for your stateroom. Anything else? This will be our first time sailing Concierge.

What other requests can you make in your Email? I read somewhere that you can request a type of coke product for your stateroom. Anything else? This will be our first time sailing Concierge.
You can request what sodas you want in the fridge in your room. You can ask for special pillows off the pillow menu as well.

You can request what sodas you want in the fridge in your room. You can ask for special pillows off the pillow menu as well.

But you can do the pillows once on board as well - that does not have to be in advance.

Initial email to concierge should include any cabana requests, excursion requests, dining requests, onboard activities, spa treatments.

Suggest that dining request just be what priority MDR is important. If the newest MDR is priority for multiple nights(on a minimum 4 night cruise), request that be the priority for your rotation.

If wanting mix of toiletries, send a request.

For requests for in room fridge, there is plenty to choose from in the lounge and they will gladly assist you there.

No need to over think it, no reason to worry about what anyone else requests.

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

My cruise has the Star Wars Day at Sea. Would I say I just want to do all the available meet and greets? I've never done this type of cruise before, but want to be involved in the activities we like the Star Wars movies.

I sent mine earlier this month. At around 130 days I asked them for more details on the things I was interested in. I sent my email with a table pasted from excel with the following columns: Date, Type (Port Adventure, Tasting, etc), Description, Time, Participants, Location (On board or Port Location). Some of the times did change, but they automatically booked the closest time to what I requested. I basically sent it in a format that would have been the easiest for my own brain to process. I made 10 booking requests and all of them were made correctly and the summary was emailed to me at 120 days out.

My cruise has the Star Wars Day at Sea. Would I say I just want to do all the available meet and greets? I've never done this type of cruise before, but want to be involved in the activities we like the Star Wars movies.

Have you checked previous SDAS navigators to see what time the events are offered? That may help you to frame your requests as far as morning or afternoon. I have not done SDAS but on the MDAS cruise there were ticketed Marvel meet and greets on days besides the specific Marvel day. That way you are not trying to do everything on just the one day.

Have you checked previous SDAS navigators to see what time the events are offered? That may help you to frame your requests as far as morning or afternoon. I have not done SDAS but on the MDAS cruise there were ticketed Marvel meet and greets on days besides the specific Marvel day. That way you are not trying to do everything on just the one day.
Are the times pretty consistent? Like if I look at last years they’ll be pretty mirrored?

Yes, I would just tell them you'd like to do all the meet and greets. The characters meet on other days other than SWDAS as well, so if it's more convenient to meet them another day, let them know. Also, if you find the times assigned interfere with something you want to do, they will switch your tickets out to another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!