Everything You Need to Know about Redeeming Airmiles for Disney World & Land & Universal Tickets

It's feeling more and more like our August trip will push out a year. I have Airmiles Cdn discount tickets, linked to MDE and upgraded to PH+ on the phone with Disney. I have no idea what is going to happen with these tickets, and if I'll be able to do anything at all with them to allow us to book FP next year! It's crappy enough that we're likely to push out a year, not being able to get our FP will suck.

Yeah, I have the same tickets from my cancelled March break trip linked to MDE. At this point I’m 100% sure we won’t be using them before they expire in Dec. I hope there will be something Disney can do on the system to let FPs be booked whenever, 2021 or beyond. Or if AM will refund my air miles, even if it’s partial better than nothing for 4 tix.

So if we do push out to next year, my 9 year old will be 10. Which makes using this years tickets even harder. Sigh. I'll have to hope for a lot of pixie dust being able to sort these out on the phone next year.

Yeah, I have the same tickets from my cancelled March break trip linked to MDE. At this point I’m 100% sure we won’t be using them before they expire in Dec. I hope there will be something Disney can do on the system to let FPs be booked whenever, 2021 or beyond. Or if AM will refund my air miles, even if it’s partial better than nothing for 4 tix.

In the app under tickets, mine now says Valid through 12/31/2030 It might be a bug, but I took a screenshot of it so that if I can't get there by December, I can show them what it said.

In the app under tickets, mine now says Valid through 12/31/2030 It might be a bug, but I took a screenshot of it so that if I can't get there by December, I can show them what it said.

Mine says the same expiry too, I noticed when I first entered them into MDE. I’m going to take a screenshot of it too, good idea.

Just an FYI...Universal Studios announced that they are closed through to at least May 31...I am sure WDW will also be.
Universal.jpg

So my USO tix from Airmiles (the 3 park for the price of 2 parks promo) that expire in May 2020 can't be used now. Some are posting that USO may extend the duration of the tickets to the end of the year but I haven't seen that in writing as of yet. Air Miles has said that they will accept them back, and refund my points. Currently all that is available for exchange are one-day tickets.

I'm looking into rebooking my trip for either July or for December. What are the odds that Air Miles will offer some sort of USO ticket other than a one day ticket? If unlikely, I may just hedge my bets that Universal Orlando will extend my tickets into the end of the y ear.

I am wondering if I use air miles now to buy tickets from Universal and the date of my trip changes am I able to change the date of my tickets or am I out of luck? Thanks!

I am wondering if I use air miles now to buy tickets from Universal and the date of my trip changes am I able to change the date of my tickets or am I out of luck? Thanks!
The dates attached to the Universal tickets are NOT able to be changed and once they expire you will have a worthless piece of paper. Unlike Disney which will leave the dollar value of the ticket when it was bought in your account (becomes really confusing trying to figure out exactly how much they cost when they came from Airmiles!!) Universal tickets expire and have no value. I wouldn't recommend redeeming miles or even buying them directly from Universal until you are 100% sure you're going to be making the trip

The dates attached to the Universal tickets are NOT able to be changed and once they expire you will have a worthless piece of paper. Unlike Disney which will leave the dollar value of the ticket when it was bought in your account (becomes really confusing trying to figure out exactly how much they cost when they came from Airmiles!!) Universal tickets expire and have no value. I wouldn't recommend redeeming miles or even buying them directly from Universal until you are 100% sure you're going to be making the trip
Thank you!

I spoke to the agency I bought my tickets with ( UCT ) and they will take an unused ( and dated) Universal ticket back for one year from the date of purchase. We bought dates December tickets and have to switch them to January and that will be no problem ( which I have in writing ) but I have to wait for Universal to release the dates .
I’m totally comfortable them as a very well known broker that we’ve used for over a decade , so that is another option for people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!