Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why you cannot use your MB for payment all the time, only when you are staying at a Disney resort. I think that’s ridiculous. We are staying at the dolphin and since it’s not a WDW resort we can’t use our bands for anything! So frustrating.

I don’t understand why you cannot use your MB for payment all the time, only when you are staying at a Disney resort. I think that’s ridiculous. We are staying at the dolphin and since it’s not a WDW resort we can’t use our bands for anything! So frustrating.
It’s because the ‘charge’ goes to the room account, not directly to your linked credit card.

Dolphin is a Starwood property - they aren’t going to handover room accounts to Disney.

Which I totally get but there should be more than one option. I’m trying to give these people my money!

A unique way to think of the Magic Band system is to think of your MDE account as a "house". Your MDE house has rooms for FP+, park ticket(s), room reservations, linked accounts, etc. Your magic band is the "key" that unlocks what's in your MDE house. You can have multiple magic band keys that work to unlock your MDE house.

I am having issues ordering my bands for an upcoming trip. When I log into mde the link to order the bands won't load. This has been the case for well over a week now and I'm running out of time to order. When I click on the magic band and card link it shows my old bands but there is a message indicating that they are having problems showing all orders etc and to try again later. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or have any suggestions? I suppose I will have to call but I would rather avoid that if there is a simple fix. Thanks in advance!

So there's probably a good chance that I missed this answer when searching and skimming through the posts. Long story short, we'd like to go with some of the custom magic bands with designs and whatnot. My question is, are the magic bands in the shop Disney on line store the same as what's available at Disney Springs (or vice versa) or are there variations/different styles at Disney Springs? If they're different, is there somewhere on line to view what's available or purche from Disney Springs?

Last edited:

I am having issues ordering my bands for an upcoming trip. When I log into mde the link to order the bands won't load. This has been the case for well over a week now and I'm running out of time to order. When I click on the magic band and card link it shows my old bands but there is a message indicating that they are having problems showing all orders etc and to try again later. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or have any suggestions? I suppose I will have to call but I would rather avoid that if there is a simple fix. Thanks in advance!
Mine is working just fine.
Have you tried using a different web browser?

I haven't tried that yet. I cleared the history but didn't think to try a different browser. I will give that a shot. Thanks!

Sometimes it’s worth trying to open a private/invognito window in your browser as well.

Phone Disney IT. They will likely have to sort it out for you.

So there's probably a good chance that I missed this answer when searching and skimming through the posts. Long story short, we'd like to go with some of the custom magic bands with designs and whatnot. My question is, are the magic bands in the shop Disney on line store the same as what's available at Disney Springs (or vice versa) or are there variations/different styles at Disney Springs? If they're different, is there somewhere on line to view what's available or purche from Disney Springs?
The ones available on demand are mostly different to the ones in the shop. The few that may be the same design have the option of having a different band colour. The choices at Disney Springs DTech shop will be the same choices as the ones in the parks.

The ones available on demand are mostly different to the ones in the shop. The few that may be the same design have the option of having a different band colour. The choices at Disney Springs DTech shop will be the same choices as the ones in the parks.

Thanks! Just to make sure I follow, would "on demand" be what's available at Disney Springs or in the parks while "the shop" is the online store?

I haven't tried that yet. I cleared the history but didn't think to try a different browser. I will give that a shot. Thanks!
I don’t know what one you are using, but try Chrome. We can’t get anything to work using IE or Edge. Firefox and Safari are temperamental. No issues so far with Chrome.

Thanks! Just to make sure I follow, would "on demand" be what's available at Disney Springs or in the parks while "the shop" is the online store?
Yes, I should have said online shop, Sorry. But that would also include any of the regular Disney stores at DS, parks etc. The fully customisable ones are sold by D-Tech on Demand at Disney Springs, the Space Mountain store at MK and a few other locations in some of the parks. I’m not totally sure of the other locations as last time I was there it was just those 2

A unique way to think of the Magic Band system is to think of your MDE account as a "house". Your MDE house has rooms for FP+, park ticket(s), room reservations, linked accounts, etc. Your magic band is the "key" that unlocks what's in your MDE house. You can have multiple magic band keys that work to unlock your MDE house.

Oh my i am in trouble i am always losing or misplacing my keys....i will never be able to get into MDE House

I actually agree that they should have created that, instead of it being simply an extension of the room charging. If they were going to make something supposedly useful, make it seriously useful.

Alas, they didn’t.

Will my 2 y/o granddaughters magic band light up at the turnstiles? If so, what color does it light up? I know that she doesn't need a ticket or fastpasses linked to it, but I can see her wanting to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter