Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, when you mention checking which cards the purchase goes to, do you just go to the front desk and ask them to show the charges, etc?

Yes, go to the front desk & double check your charges for everyone. The first time we did it they didn't link them right but thankfully we checked on them the next day after using them a couple of times and were able to get it fixed before it got out of hand.

How would Disney know if my brother used my band with a FastPass to get on a ride?

They ususally dont care, as long as you have a band with that FP on it. Several times last trip, our youngest daughter had a FP for something but she fell asleep in the stroller. So we often gave her band to our older daughter, and she used the FP and rode twice, once with me and once with DH. Nobody ever said anything or mentioned an issue. As long as you have the FP and you'redddd using the right band, there isn't usually a problem.

My mom and I are taking a trip to WDW on 9/29 to celebrate my 30th birthday, and I want to get us special magic bands for the trip. My mom likes the 75th anniversary Bambi one that is available on the ShopDisney website, but I'm having trouble choosing. Does anyone know if this will sell out quickly? How often do they release new designs? I'm just not sure which ones I want!

My mom and I are taking a trip to WDW on 9/29 to celebrate my 30th birthday, and I want to get us special magic bands for the trip. My mom likes the 75th anniversary Bambi one that is available on the ShopDisney website, but I'm having trouble choosing. Does anyone know if this will sell out quickly? How often do they release new designs? I'm just not sure which ones I want!
Usually only limited edition ones of 2,000 sell out quickly. Anything of greater quantity or open edition bands do not sell out very fast.

I think this has been asked but can't find the answer: is there a test to see whether there's any power left in my MagicBand's long range transmitter battery?

I have about ten of them, and although I've deactivated all but two, I would prefer not to clog up my MDE account by needlessly ordering more MBs. If the long range transmitter in my MagicBand is still working, I'll just reuse it instead of ordering another one.

Anything I can do at home to test this battery out, or to check if it's transmitting a signal?

On a related note, does Disney accept the deactivated MagicBands back for recycling?

I think this has been asked but can't find the answer:
1. is there a test to see whether there's any power left in my MagicBand's long range transmitter battery?

I have about ten of them, and although I've deactivated all but two, I would prefer not to clog up my MDE account by needlessly ordering more MBs. If the long range transmitter in my MagicBand is still working, I'll just reuse it instead of ordering another one.

2. Anything I can do at home to test this battery out, or to check if it's transmitting a signal?

3. On a related note, does Disney accept the deactivated MagicBands back for recycling?

1. The specific answer is yes, it can be tested.
BUT, it is not something that guests can have done.
2. Nope.
3. No specific program to do so. Nothing of value to recycle.

Will my kids (10&14) be able to use their magic bands for dining plan purchases, and other purchases? I seem to recall from other trips that they did not have full charging capabilities. If possible, I would like them to, but I couldn't find any info in mdx about this.

Will my kids (10&14) be able to use their magic bands for dining plan purchases, and other purchases? I seem to recall from other trips that they did not have full charging capabilities. If possible, I would like them to, but I couldn't find any info in mdx about this.

Each guest, individually, can have her/his MB set regarding the ability to "charge to the room."

The setting can be done at the resort.

We stay offsite. Last year I bought magic bands and linked them to our account.

I noticed the bands are not listed in my profile on MDE. So I tried to link them again but the error message said this magic band has already been linked.

Any idea why they wouldn’t show up in my profile? It would be nice to know for sure they work.

We stay offsite. Last year I bought magic bands and linked them to our account.

I noticed the bands are not listed in my profile on MDE. So I tried to link them again but the error message said this magic band has already been linked.

Any idea why they wouldn’t show up in my profile? It would be nice to know for sure they work.

Just a glitch.
One of oh, so very many glitches with MDX.
Your MBs are very likely just fine.
(Always wise to check BOTH the App and the website version.)

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

Missing MB? I finally went to customize MBs for our July trip and instead of four MBs, there was only one for me! The other three family members are in MDE, listed on the reservation, and we all have APs. I swear last time I checked there was an option to customize for all four of us. And on the page it says "0" under number of declined. Glitch?

I was able to order MBs for all of us as Passholders, so I know we will each get one before the trip. But I was hoping to have those as our "spare" set. I'm on hold now with MS, wish me luck!

Always wise to check BOTH the App and the website version.

Thanks, I did check and on both they were mysteriously gone. Stitch must have gotten into my account lol!

I called in and it was quickly resolved. Magic Bands are now ordered and hopefully en route soon!

Is the Millennial Pink an available color choice when choosing your bands in MDE ? (Or, in my case, ordering by calling Disney because for some strange reason I do not have the option in my MDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!