Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two trips coming up at the end of the year with two different parties September with family, November with a friend). When I go in to customize MagicBands, I only have the option of customizing bands for my first trip. I know I have ages to sort this out, but is it a glitch or something I need to contact IT about?

I have two trips coming up at the end of the year with two different parties September with family, November with a friend). When I go in to customize MagicBands, I only have the option of customizing bands for my first trip. I know I have ages to sort this out, but is it a glitch or something I need to contact IT about?
Who booked the room for Trip#2?

If your friend booked the room, the MB customizing is completed through that MDX account.

Not sure if this has been said but I just activated my annual pass last Friday 1/19 and was able to order my magic band the next day, it just arrived today. So there is no waiting time of 10 days.

I am not sure if this has been asked or not. I am helping a friend plan their trip and they are staying off site. I know that they don't get them for free. Can they still buy one and use it? Can they use them for their tickets? Can they charge to the band? My guess is no because i think that when you charge to the magic band you are charging to your room. We have always stayed on property so I am just not sure and I don't want to give her the wrong information.

I have a clarification question... on my last trip almost 4 years back when magic bands were very new I stayed at the Dolphin. We bought bands at HS and had them linked to our hard tickets there, worked great. Now I'm going again in May, staying Dolphin again, still have those magic bands... are they still in MDE account? My tickets and resort stay are linked up with MDE already, so when I make FP at 60 day mark I know they will show in my account but do I need to go to a guest services and reactivate or link them up when I get there??

I have a clarification question... on my last trip almost 4 years back when magic bands were very new I stayed at the Dolphin. We bought bands at HS and had them linked to our hard tickets there, worked great. Now I'm going again in May, staying Dolphin again, still have those magic bands... are they still in MDE account? My tickets and resort stay are linked up with MDE already, so when I make FP at 60 day mark I know they will show in my account but do I need to go to a guest services and reactivate or link them up when I get there??

Did you use the same MDE account for the old bands/tickets and the new tickets? When you go to "MagicBands and cards" in your account, is the old band there? If it is then you should be able to see if it is active or not, but if you never manually deactivated it then it should still be active as far as I know.
If the band is not showing up there then I believe the band was never linked with your current account.

You should be able to check to see if you deactivated your bands in your MDE.

And if you did you can reactivate them.

For things involving putting band to tapstile (or whatever we’re calling them) , like admission and FP+, they should work just fine.

Did you use the same MDE account for the old bands/tickets and the new tickets? When you go to "MagicBands and cards" in your account, is the old band there? If it is then you should be able to see if it is active or not, but if you never manually deactivated it then it should still be active as far as I know.
If the band is not showing up there then I believe the band was never linked with your current account.

You should be able to check to see if you deactivated your bands in your MDE.

And if you did you can reactivate them.

For things involving putting band to tapstile (or whatever we’re calling them) , like admission and FP+, they should work just fine.

Thank you! I don't know why I never even noticed that option in MDE... so next question... when I look there yes I see only my own magic band (correct color) listed... does each family member need to look in their own account to see if theirs is active? Again, thanks for the help!! :worship:

Thank you! I don't know why I never even noticed that option in MDE... so next question... when I look there yes I see only my own magic band (correct color) listed... does each family member need to look in their own account to see if theirs is active? Again, thanks for the help!! :worship:
You will only see your MagicBands and those for profiles you manage. Anyone with their own MDE account would need to check theirs and those for anyone they manage.

You will only see your MagicBands and those for profiles you manage. Anyone with their own MDE account would need to check theirs and those for anyone they manage.

Got it. I am "managing" everyone for our upcoming trip so I can select them as part of my FP party but not see their magic band status. I will have each of them check their own MDE accounts tonight. Thanks so much!!

I am sure this has been asked before, but can't find anything definitive. If you are staying at a Disney Resort, can different people on the reservation (adults) link their own CC to their own magic band? I know you can't do it online, I've heard at has to be done at check-in? Is that correct. We have a few people would really like to just use their MB to pay for things, but they don't want the charges to go to master CC for the room reservation, but their own cards. Just curious if anyone knows if that is possible?

I am sure this has been asked before, but can't find anything definitive. If you are staying at a Disney Resort, can different people on the reservation (adults) link their own CC to their own magic band? I know you can't do it online, I've heard at has to be done at check-in? Is that correct. We have a few people would really like to just use their MB to pay for things, but they don't want the charges to go to master CC for the room reservation, but their own cards. Just curious if anyone knows if that is possible?
Nothing is on the bands, however for an on site stay, yes the front desk can set up different credit cards for each guest to charge to the room to.

I've heard at has to be done at check-in? Is that correct.
The Front Desk can link different credit cards to different Profiles. You’ll need to check after the first day of purchases to ensure the charges are being applied to the correct Profiles.

Thanks, when you mention checking which cards the purchase goes to, do you just go to the front desk and ask them to show the charges, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter