Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, so forgive me if I'm repeating!

We're going to WDW at the end of October with friends. 2 of our friends are upgrading their current 10 day park hoppers to APs while there. They're going to do it at Guest Relations. Will Memory Maker immediately show up in their MDE since it's included with their AP? I know generally you're supposed to order it 3 days in advance. We're connected with them on MDE so I was going to utilize their MM and have them download any pictures for me that I wanted to print or keep. I just want to make sure we'll be able to do that from the 1st day of our trip. Thanks!!

Yes because APs can download whatever photos are linked to their account...the waiting period doesn’t apply to them.

Just to clarify, once you get an AP, you will be able to download every picture taken within the last year.

I've been having this issue all week. Missing most of our ride photos, even ones I scanned at. And missing some of our pictures from roaming photographers.

The app was saying there were issues earlier this week, but still missing done since then.
There have been issues, however, I would suggest contacting Photo Pass via their website HERE for help locating the missing photos. Try to give them as much information as possible, including when the missing photos were taken, where in the parks (ride name, location etc) who was in the photos, and the best physical description you can give of those people from that day, including clothing colors, hats, etc. If you can provide another picture from the same day, that will give them the best chance of locating all of your photos.

Any rumors around about a price increase for MM? I'm not trying to start anything, but just wondering how far in advance I should purchase for our May, 2019 trip.

Also, does the MM ever go on sale? Other than the advance purchase discount, of course.

Any rumors around about a price increase for MM? I'm not trying to start anything, but just wondering how far in advance I should purchase for our May, 2019 trip.

Also, does the MM ever go on sale? Other than the advance purchase discount, of course.
I haven't heard any rumors yet. If I remember correctly, the last price increase for MM was in the spring of 2017, which means we are going on 2 years now at the same price. Another increase wouldn't surprise me. If I were going to buy MM for May 2019, I would probably purchase it during the winter. I would say, whenever you have the money, go ahead and purchase just as a kind of insurance policy against the price going up.

In the 10 years that I have been visiting Disney World, I don't think I ever recall there being any kind of discount on Memory Maker aside from the standard advanced purchase deal.

There have been issues, however, I would suggest contacting Photo Pass via their website HERE for help locating the missing photos. Try to give them as much information as possible, including when the missing photos were taken, where in the parks (ride name, location etc) who was in the photos, and the best physical description you can give of those people from that day, including clothing colors, hats, etc. If you can provide another picture from the same day, that will give them the best chance of locating all of your photos.
I did this on Sat after having a quite a few missing from our trip last week. How long does it typically take for them to respond?

I did this on Sat after having a quite a few missing from our trip last week. How long does it typically take for them to respond?
That I do not know. I personally have never used that part of the service.

In my experience, they’ve usually responded within a day or less, either to say they’ve found my photos and posted them to my account or that they need more time and/or information. So you might want to call them or resubmit the Missing Photos form.

This is a big thread so forgive me if already answered. If sharing with 4 families, can anyone purchase it or does it have to be the one who goes first. I know I read something about 3 days after purchase, you don't get pictures or something like that.

This is a big thread so forgive me if already answered. If sharing with 4 families, can anyone purchase it or does it have to be the one who goes first. I know I read something about 3 days after purchase, you don't get pictures or something like that.

There are a couple of different things you are referring to here, so let me see if I can explain them for you. The 3 days after purchase you read about refers to the Advanced Purchase of Memory Maker. You can purchase the Memory Maker in advance of your trip. This saves you some money. However, you have to make the purchase at least 3 days before you have your first photos taken.

Your other question is does the first person who is going to the parks need to be the one to purchase Memory Maker. The answer here is no, BUT . . there are some timing issues you need to be aware of.

Every photo that is taken will expire, and be deleted from the Photopass system (thereby no longer being available for download with Memory Maker) 45 days after it is taken. This means that all 4 of the families need to have their trips, and have time to edit, and download their photos within 45 days of the very first photo being taken. Additionally, once the first photo is downloaded using Memory Maker, you can then only add new photos (meaning have photos taken at the park added to the Memory Maker) for 30 more days. As long as you keep those time limits in mind, and work within them, it doesn't matter who buys the Memory Maker, who visits the parks first or last.

There are a couple of different things you are referring to here, so let me see if I can explain them for you. The 3 days after purchase you read about refers to the Advanced Purchase of Memory Maker. You can purchase the Memory Maker in advance of your trip. This saves you some money. However, you have to make the purchase at least 3 days before you have your first photos taken.

Your other question is does the first person who is going to the parks need to be the one to purchase Memory Maker. The answer here is no, BUT . . there are some timing issues you need to be aware of.

Every photo that is taken will expire, and be deleted from the Photopass system (thereby no longer being available for download with Memory Maker) 45 days after it is taken. This means that all 4 of the families need to have their trips, and have time to edit, and download their photos within 45 days of the very first photo being taken. Additionally, once the first photo is downloaded using Memory Maker, you can then only add new photos (meaning have photos taken at the park added to the Memory Maker) for 30 more days. As long as you keep those time limits in mind, and work within them, it doesn't matter who buys the Memory Maker, who visits the parks first or last.
That explains everything clearly. Thanks for taking the time. :-)

Sorry if this was already answered but if you don’t purchase the mm what do the photos look like in your My Disney experience? Is it something where you can scroll through and if you want to purchase some after the trip you can?

Sorry if this was already answered but if you don’t purchase the mm what do the photos look like in your My Disney experience? Is it something where you can scroll through and if you want to purchase some after the trip you can?
You can view the photos in the MDE mobile app or at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com and will have a watermark on them.

In MDE you will see them all, but they will have a "water mark" over them so that you won't be able to simply save the picture from your web browser and not bother paying.

You can see all of the photos you have taken, and can decide to purchase a single photo, several single photos, or a one day Memory Maker after your trip.

In MDE you will see them all, but they will have a "water mark" over them so that you won't be able to simply save the picture from your web browser and not bother paying.

You can see all of the photos you have taken, and can decide to purchase a single photo, several single photos, or a one day Memory Maker after your trip.
Thanks. I am not sure how many photos we will end up taking so it’s good to know that if we have some good ones I can buy them after.

Does anybody recall if they had extra memory maker shots at Xmas? Are the shots in front of the big trees at GF, WL included in MM?

Our experience this year with MM. Our trip was ten days in August. Had a blast and had over 1100 photos! However when I actually went through them the other week every ride photo and video was copied 6 times for each of our members of our family!! Test track was a mess. We went on it four times over the week and each time the photo uploaded was either the car before or after AND we had six copies of it! We also only had slinky dog for one day as the second day we went the camera was down when we rode (explanation when I called photopass with all of our discrepancies). Also have video of our ride on tower of terror but not the still photo....again camera was down. When I called photopass they were able to delete the multiple copies of ride photos on their end so I didn’t have to delete each one one at a time. I also suggest if you get a pic of your family in front of the castle one day and the next day you have an opportunity to do it again do it. My DH was confused on why we were lining up for the same photo but the first set we had taken must have had an issue with the exposure and the 8 photos taken were all over exposed and too light.
I am still glad we purchased it and I would again, out of the 1100 photos we had about 200 really good ones so at less then $1 a photo definitely worth it! The kids also had a blast in the photo booths, and we did Jedi training with four kids performing so getting those photos also added to the value!
Advice for anyone ....if you do buy MM definitely check those photos while you are down in FL. That allowed me to get our photos in front of the castle redone. I am also glad my kids scanned the test track photo at the end of the ride manually since the automatic upload did not work for us!

I apologize if this has been answered, but this is the first time we’ve purchased Memory Maker for a trip. When looking at my photos, it says “activate my photos” What happens when I do this?

Hello! I am doing a memory maker share with a group of friends, we all have reservations/hotels/bands except one person is only going on day and buying tickets that day as she lives in florida....how would I add her to the share? If I link her MDE account to mine, and she uploads her pass info, will that work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts