Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Once in the Photopass gallery, How do you select all photos to download? Can't find that option anymore.
You can individually select and download, but I won't be doing that with hundreds of photos.

*EDIT* NM, found it...once you select (checkmark) one photo, there is an option to 'select all visible media'....then download once all are selected

Once in the Photopass gallery, How do you select all photos to download? Can't find that option anymore.
You can individually select and download, but I won't be doing that with hundreds of photos.
Using the MDE mobile app, you can only download one at a time.

Using the MDE website, you need to click the grey check mark (turns green when selected) for each that you want to download. Once you've selected one, a 'Select all visible media' check box will appear.

*EDIT* NM, found it...once you select (checkmark) one photo, there is an option to 'select all visible media'....then download once all are selected
Word of warning, it may take several attempts to get the photos to download. At least, previously it has. But wirth downloading all of them as they seem to remove them after a period of time. But, they do warn you before that happens.

Our group of 16 is probably going to have MM this trip (November). My cousin, who will probably be in charge of the MM activity and is a photographer herself as a side job/hobby, is thinking about engaging with a photographer in Orlando to meet up with us and do some family photos. Not sure if we actually have the time for that; however, I was wondering what your experience is with MM quality of group photos? Do you think a few nice family photos can be accomplished that way? Are the MM photographers ever at the resorts (besides outside some of the dining venues)? Just curious if we really need to get a separate photographer.

Our group of 16 is probably going to have MM this trip (November). My cousin, who will probably be in charge of the MM activity and is a photographer herself as a side job/hobby, is thinking about engaging with a photographer in Orlando to meet up with us and do some family photos. Not sure if we actually have the time for that; however, I was wondering what your experience is with MM quality of group photos? Do you think a few nice family photos can be accomplished that way? Are the MM photographers ever at the resorts (besides outside some of the dining venues)? Just curious if we really need to get a separate photographer.
There is the photo studio at Sir Mickey in MK and at DIsney SPrings. Sessions at each of these is included with MM.

Photo Quality from PhotoPass photographers runs the gamut from pretty bad to pretty good, it just depends on the photographer. Some are fairly inexperienced, others are quite good at what they do. I have never gone with a group of 16, so I can't give any specific opinion on how your group size might impact the photo quality. I don't know what kind of pricing your cousin might get from an independent photographer. Disney PhotoPass offers what they call Find Art Photography. You can arrange a Mini Portrait Session (20 minutes) with one of their photographers for $180. A Mini Portrait Session with Cinderella's Castle sells for $195. They also have an Enhanced Portrait Session which is one hour for $399. And, if you have more money than you know what to do with, you could get the Magic Kingdom Family Portrait session, which is also an hour session, and sells for $1700.

That last package is pretty crazy expensive, but the mini sessions might be pretty cost competitive with what a private photographer would charge, so at least it is an option to keep in mind.

If I am friends and family with my cousin on MDE, will our pictures from our upcoming trip show up on her memory maker? We will not be on the trip together. They are AP holders who get MM as part of their AP. We will not have MM. Thanks!

If I am friends and family with my cousin on MDE, will our pictures from our upcoming trip show up on her memory maker? We will not be on the trip together. They are AP holders who get MM as part of their AP. We will not have MM. Thanks!
Yes, as long as the 'My Disney PhotoPass Photos' option is CHECKED when you select 'Update' for HER profile in YOUR Family & Friends list.

So we have a trip(myself,DH and DS) planned for Oct 16-20 and I plan to return Nov 8-13 with a different group. If I buy memory maker on Oct 13 ...we plan first use Oct 17 at mnsshp will I have it thru nov 13. I have not done this before....is it 30 days from first use or purchase date?

So we have a trip(myself,DH and DS) planned for Oct 16-20 and I plan to return Nov 8-13 with a different group. If I buy memory maker on Oct 13 ...we plan first use Oct 17 at mnsshp will I have it thru nov 13. I have not done this before....is it 30 days from first use or purchase date?
It is neither 30 days from the first use, nor from the purchase date. Let's take a look at your timing.

You will have no problems getting the photos from both trips in one Memory Maker. The photos from Oct 17 can be downloaded at any time before Dec 1. When you make your first download, you then have 30 days left to add more photos. Since both of your trips will be done within 30 days of you having your first photo taken, you can download photos at any time.

The only thing to keep in mind is that photos expire from the server in 45 days, so those photos from Oct 17 need to be downloaded before Dec 1. Beyond that, there really is nothing you need to worry about. You can download photos right away on the 17th if you want, or you can download everything from the first trip at any time after that trip is over, or you can wait, and download everything sometime between Nov 13, and Dec 1. Have fun, and enjoy your photos.

//// Disregard, Somehow today, they are all as they should be. I didn't change anything, they changed themselves.. 🤷‍♂️ /////

You have left out some information that is important, so I am going to make some assumptions in answering your question.

I assume that YOU have Memory Maker. I am assuming that YOU can see your photos (and your husbands) with no water mark, and that you are seeing the water mark when your husband is logged into HIS MDE account.

If all of those assumptions are correct, then that is the way that Memory Maker works. You will be able to download all of your husbands photos from YOUR MDE account. Once you have downloaded them, of course, you can share them with him. He will NOT be able to download the photos from his own MDE account.

If I have made incorrect assumptions, fill in the details for me, and I will take another shot at answering your question.

Hey. I have this same situation but hoping you can offer a suggestion for slightly different assumptions. I and my wife both have MDE accounts. We are both sharing photos. I purchased memory maker, my photos have no watermarks and can be downloaded. I can see her photos, but they have the watermark and when I click them it wants me to purchase them. She has been in my friends and family since as long as I’ve had the account. What did I screw up and how do I fix it?

//// Disregard, Somehow today, they are all as they should be. I didn't change anything, they changed themselves.. 🤷‍♂️ /////

Last edited:
So let me see if I understand....you can no longer get ride photos printed out at the end of the ride? You have to have memory maker? Once you download them onto your computer, how do you get them printed? I am so sorry if this is a silly question, but DH and I are seriously confused about all this and it’s been ten years since we were at Disney

So let me see if I understand....you can no longer get ride photos printed out at the end of the ride? You have to have memory maker? Once you download them onto your computer, how do you get them printed? I am so sorry if this is a silly question, but DH and I are seriously confused about all this and it’s been ten years since we were at Disney
You can still pay to get a printed photo at any rides which have a photo area after them (like Splash Mountain). If you want all of your ride photos, the ride videos, and any other PhotoPass photos you have taken during your stay, then you can purchase the Memory Maker. With Memory Maker, you download all of the photos, as well as a license that allows you to have them printed as you see fit. You can then take any of the photos you want printed to your favorite location for printing (like you neighborhood Wal Mart, or through an online vendor). If you are going to get more than a couple of photos printed, it may wind up being less expensive to purchase the Memory Maker. If you are only getting a couple of photos, then just pay for the prints you want as you always have.

Am I missing something, or do they not offer the release with the downloads anymore? I have the .jpg version as "Limited_License_Agreement" from 2016, but there wasn't anything with my photos from the January and September trips I took. I see the same thing more or less spelled out here, but it was much easier to send the jpg to anyone if they asked. I guess I could make a PDF of that page...

Am I missing something, or do they not offer the release with the downloads anymore? I have the .jpg version as "Limited_License_Agreement" from 2016, but there wasn't anything with my photos from the January and September trips I took. I see the same thing more or less spelled out here, but it was much easier to send the jpg to anyone if they asked. I guess I could make a PDF of that page...
Why not display that page on your computer, then hit ctri-print screen, then open your favorite photo editor, and "paste" the screen capture into it. You can then crop it as necessary, and save it as a .jpg and voila, you can send it to anyone if they ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter