Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I have a photopass question. We we're hosting our niece and her bf and so I had to order their customized magic bands through my My Disney Experience acct. Then during the trip all photos were loaded to my acct. How can they see and choose to purchase any? I can't even see a place on my app that lists the other members of my party, much less how to give them access to the photos.

I have a photopass question. We we're hosting our niece and her bf and so I had to order their customized magic bands through my My Disney Experience acct. Then during the trip all photos were loaded to my acct. How can they see and choose to purchase any? I can't even see a place on my app that lists the other members of my party, much less how to give them access to the photos.

Do they have their own profiles in My Disney Experience, or did you just add their names to your MDE? If you just added their names to your MDE, then you will either need to let them view, and purchase photos through your account, OR, they will need to created their own account in MDE. Once they have created their own MDE accounts, you can then connect their account to their names in your account.

If your app is Android, I have instructions for you. If it is Apple, it may not work exactly the same, but you can always do this on the Disney World website.

In your app, on the lower right side of the screen tap on the 3 horizontal lines to open the menu. Scroll down a bit, and tap on My Profile. At the top of the new page, just below "My Account," tap on Family & Friends List. Scroll down to their names, tap on them, and then choose to send an invitation. You should be able to then enter the email address they used to create their own account, and send them an invitation to connect with you. Once they do that, they should then be able to see, and purchase their photos from their own MDE account.

I’m trying all the suggestions but can’t get the watermark removed from DH picturesHe has his own MDE and he’s part of my friends and family. I can’t find the button for share photo pass.
Never mind I found it and already had him sharing my photo pass hit save again, he still has the watermark.

Last edited:
I’m trying all the suggestions but can’t get the watermark removed from DH picturesHe has his own MDE and he’s part of my friends and family. I can’t find the button for share photo pass.
Never mind I found it and already had him sharing my photo pass hit save again, he still has the watermark.
You have left out some information that is important, so I am going to make some assumptions in answering your question.

I assume that YOU have Memory Maker. I am assuming that YOU can see your photos (and your husbands) with no water mark, and that you are seeing the water mark when your husband is logged into HIS MDE account.

If all of those assumptions are correct, then that is the way that Memory Maker works. You will be able to download all of your husbands photos from YOUR MDE account. Once you have downloaded them, of course, you can share them with him. He will NOT be able to download the photos from his own MDE account.

If I have made incorrect assumptions, fill in the details for me, and I will take another shot at answering your question.

You are correct in your assumptions. I swear a few years ago none of the pictures had watermarks in either of our MDE,s

You are correct in your assumptions. I swear a few years ago none of the pictures had watermarks in either of our MDE,s
Glad I got that all right :) We have had Memory Maker for the past 12 years, and this has always been the way it worked. I would download all the photos from my account, and then distribute them to the appropriate family member.

Getting ready to order the Archive USB for our pictures. They will include all of the ones that my husband used his band on right (Memory maker is under me). Every time I go in there it just brings up the pictures that were scanned on my band and I have to pick to see all pictures each time. I just want to make sure there isn't something I need to do to make sure they all get on the archive.

Getting ready to order the Archive USB for our pictures. They will include all of the ones that my husband used his band on right (Memory maker is under me). Every time I go in there it just brings up the pictures that were scanned on my band and I have to pick to see all pictures each time. I just want to make sure there isn't something I need to do to make sure they all get on the archive.
To be completely honest, I have never purchased the USB archive, so I can not say 100% for certain. However, I don't believe that there will be anything special you will need to do. It should automatically include all of the photos in your Photopass account. As long as you are able to see your husbands photos without a water mark, then you should get them on your USB archive.

Jackie's article

This is in addition to downloading off your Disney account. Does having a little USB make it easier? It's $35.

It's essentially replacing the CD/DVD that used to be included, and now charging you for it. Is it easier? Depends on you. Odds are you can buy a generic USB stick from Amazon for way less than the $35. Just took a quick look, you can get a 64GB Sandisk for $10. So you are basically paying $25 for Disney to do the download/copy instead of you, and MIGHT get a Disney/Photopass logo on the stick. If you have an uncapped broadband internet connection, probably not worth it. But if you have a data cap, or don't have a broadband connection, then the USB option might be worth it for you.

hi! sorry for the stupid question, I tried searching but i guess my brain isnt working today. I purchased MM a couple of days ago for our Nov trip. How do i link it to my upcoming trip? thanks!

hi! sorry for the stupid question, I tried searching but i guess my brain isnt working today. I purchased MM a couple of days ago for our Nov trip. How do i link it to my upcoming trip? thanks!
Memory Maker doesn't specifically link to a trip. Look in your MDE, under "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" on the "Tickets & Memory Maker" tab. You should see your Memory Maker listed there. If you do not, then you will need to enter the confirmation number you received when you purchased it, or call (407) 939-5277 to have a CM help you link it to your account.

As long as you can see it in your MDE account, then you are set. It doesn't need to be linked to your trip, just get your photos taken, and then download them, simple as can be :)

Memory Maker doesn't specifically link to a trip. Look in your MDE, under "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" on the "Tickets & Memory Maker" tab. You should see your Memory Maker listed there. If you do not, then you will need to enter the confirmation number you received when you purchased it, or call (407) 939-5277 to have a CM help you link it to your account.

As long as you can see it in your MDE account, then you are set. It doesn't need to be linked to your trip, just get your photos taken, and then download them, simple as can be :)
Thank you! it is listed there. Funny, Ive never even noticed that tab before, lol. Have a great weekend!

Our trip is 42 days away and we are there 7 days.
My college program daughter is on my friends and family list. If I add memory maker to our vacation package am I correct that I need to do it 30 days before the last day of our trip so it doesn’t get activated by her magic band if she goes on a ride with a photo in the next 19 days?

Our trip is 42 days away and we are there 7 days.
My college program daughter is on my friends and family list. If I add memory maker to our vacation package am I correct that I need to do it 30 days before the last day of our trip so it doesn’t get activated by her magic band if she goes on a ride with a photo in the next 19 days?
That is not exactly the way it works. The Memory Maker is not "activated" until you download your first image. So, as long as she doesn't download any photos, your Memory Maker will not be affected.

Making sure I understand how the 1-day $69 pass works...We will be at MK for just one day and that's our only park. I have an MDE account and all 4 adults in our group are in my account. We will have MBs linked to the account.

So once we have the first photo pass photo taken, will I see a prompt asking me if I want to purchase photo pass? Where will this prompt appear and can I just click and complete my purchase with the cc I have linked to my account?

I am accustomed to buying photo pass in advance for multi-day trips so I just want to make sure I'm not missing an advance purchase option for the 1-day.

Making sure I understand how the 1-day $69 pass works...We will be at MK for just one day and that's our only park. I have an MDE account and all 4 adults in our group are in my account. We will have MBs linked to the account.

So once we have the first photo pass photo taken, will I see a prompt asking me if I want to purchase photo pass? Where will this prompt appear and can I just click and complete my purchase with the cc I have linked to my account?

I am accustomed to buying photo pass in advance for multi-day trips so I just want to make sure I'm not missing an advance purchase option for the 1-day.
I would love to answer your question, however, I have always purchased the Memory Maker in advance, so to be honest, I have no idea how the purchase of the one day Memory Maker works, other than I know that it is done in the MDE app, and has to be done after you have at least one photo taken. Hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in here and help you out.

AFAIK, after you've had at least one picture taken for the day in question, when you go to access that photo in the MDE mobile app there will be a prompt to purchase the 1 day MM.

You can also purchase the 1 day MM in person at any park ticket window or PhotoPass location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts