Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Yes, you can reassign it that way. It really isn't necessary though. As long as the family member with the Memory Maker is willing to allow you to log into their MDE account, you can do everything that way.

Thanks Mr @Tomh ! I suppose either way would work. Just depends on what both are more comfortable with.

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, Memory Maker links to the person who paid for it. Now I've seen a reassign Memory Maker when I click on the Memory Maker/Tickets tab. It only gives me the option of reassigning it to my friend who controls his wife's plans. My son is there too, but he's 11. Perhaps after your dad pays for it he can reassign it to you? Wouldn't hurt to try.
I know with regular Memory Maker, it can be reassigned to anyone in your Family and Friends list. I am not 100% certain if there is any kind of restriction placed on the Memory Maker when it is purchased with the military discount, but I imagine it will work the same way as the regular Memory Maker.

However, it doesn't really matter what name it is in. What DOES matter is that every member of your travelling party is connected through MDE Family and Friends to who ever has the Memory Maker. You could simply leave it in your fathers name, and have him give you the login for his MDE account so that you can manage it from his account.
Thank you both for the info, I appreciate it. If you knew how often my dad has to change his netflix password because he forgot it you'd understand why everyone involved, including him, would prefer it just be on someone else's profile. It sounds like we should be able to do so and if not we'll get it sorted out.

Thank you both for the info, I appreciate it. If you knew how often my dad has to change his netflix password because he forgot it you'd understand why everyone involved, including him, would prefer it just be on someone else's profile. It sounds like we should be able to do so and if not we'll get it sorted out.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ask me how many user id and password combinations I have down in Word because I change up my password strength depending on what it's being used for. :crazy: Some are automatic that I remember, checking account alway. My teacher log in....always. Others I have to keep in Word because I just simply mix them up and forget.

Ask me how many user id and password combinations I have down in Word because I change up my password strength depending on what it's being used for. :crazy: Some are automatic that I remember, checking account alway. My teacher log in....always. Others I have to keep in Word because I just simply mix them up and forget.

Off Topic, but might I suggest keepass? It's a much better (secure) way to store your passwords than Word.

DD is going down in a few days, I am purchasing the MM for her.(senior trip) unfortunately bc its a school trip they dont want them to have magicbands to get back into rooms. Question do they still use scanned cards if you don't have a band 2. How can her "room friends" use the MM when they aren't with her (I am purchasing it for she &her few friends but would I even add them to her family &friends?)

DD is going down in a few days, I am purchasing the MM for her.(senior trip) unfortunately bc its a school trip they dont want them to have magicbands to get back into rooms. Question do they still use scanned cards if you don't have a band 2. How can her "room friends" use the MM when they aren't with her (I am purchasing it for she &her few friends but would I even add them to her family &friends?)
She, and her friends, can get a card from any Photopass Photographer. They simply scan that card for their photos. However, that will NOT work for ride photos where there is no place to claim the photos (like 7DMT, Pirates, Haunted Mansion etc.). When the trip is over, you will need each of the cards, and will add them to your daughters Memory Maker manually. I would suggest maybe having the kids send you nice close up pictures of the numbers on the cards as soon as they get them, that way you will get the photos even if they lose the cards.

She, and her friends, can get a card from any Photopass Photographer. They simply scan that card for their photos. However, that will NOT work for ride photos where there is no place to claim the photos (like 7DMT, Pirates, Haunted
so how do I get those? She wants all those too. I get why they dont want the kids to go back to the rooms but this is screwing me. Like I wanted her to keep the credit card in the room safe and just use her band (with the CC on file with from desk) SO FRUSTRATING

We are at WDW now and have memory maker. For haunted mansion we split up into three doombuggies. I can see my pic and my husband’s but not my other son’s pic. We are linked on friends and family. Not sure what to do to get his pic.

My oldest rode buzz without us and that pic shows up, so seems like haunted mansion should.

We are at WDW now and have memory maker. For haunted mansion we split up into three doombuggies. I can see my pic and my husband’s but not my other son’s pic. We are linked on friends and family. Not sure what to do to get his pic.

My oldest rode buzz without us and that pic shows up, so seems like haunted mansion should.

You can call them and ask them to add it. I have had a lot of success doing this after my vacation. They'll ask you the date and appproximate time you rode. Since you can point them to the photos it did capture, it will be very easy for them to find your son.

so how do I get those? She wants all those too. I get why they dont want the kids to go back to the rooms but this is screwing me. Like I wanted her to keep the credit card in the room safe and just use her band (with the CC on file with from desk) SO FRUSTRATING
Do you have old MB's that her and her friends might be able to use? If not, the only possibility I have for you is to have them keep track of what rides at what times each day, and you can try contacting photopass to see if they can find the photos and link them for you.

So I had to call guest services a few times this weekend bc 1 person said no magic band no pics. I was freaking! I have contacted the school before, explained my reason and still, nope no magic band in park. I don't have any old ones as the last time we were down was BEFORE they came out. I did order it and they said photographers have "cards" and rides have a # under the pic???? Who knows

So I had to call guest services a few times this weekend bc 1 person said no magic band no pics. I was freaking! I have contacted the school before, explained my reason and still, nope no magic band in park. I don't have any old ones as the last time we were down was BEFORE they came out. I did order it and they said photographers have "cards" and rides have a # under the pic???? Who knows

I'd be interested in hearing how she makes out.

My DD did the school trip last year. What you are explaining is pretty standard. They went with no FP because they would not give them their tickets ahead of time -- so incredibly stupid. No magic bands allowed for the same reason about returning to hotel rooms. The trip costs so much more per person that the trips I've scheduled and it so inefficient it drove me crazy.

A lot of the kids took photos of the ride photos that appeared on the screens outside of Everest & RnRC.

This trip has on FIRE. If it was my DS he could care less. But she loves Disney, loves CERTAIN things about it. We got our TICKET # 32 days in advance, fast passes for certain rides....already gone. Staying on property, was told one resort....staying at a different one. WHOLE THING IS A MESS! and the travel agent...i knew more about disney then he did (AND I HAVEN'T BEEN DOWN SINCE 2011!) I am so angry it's crazy

The rides where there is a pic number aren't the problem. The problem is rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion etc., where there is no bank of monitors after the ride, so no way to get any number from the picture. Those rides, as far as I know, the best shot you will have is to contact photopass after the trip, and tell them which ride, what time, and if possible, provide them a photo of your daughter from that day, so they will know what she looked like, and have them try to find the photos for you.

Change, glitch or am I missing something???

One of my friends (connected to my MDE and memory maker- Annual Pass) had a trip in April. Her pictures were appearing in my photopass account, but are not showing up this morning. I have downloaded all of them except for ones from Animal Kingdom. My photos from a trip last August are still there.

The previous deadline for claiming photos on this account was at least a year following the trip. Are earlier deadlines being enforced now for friends & family on the account?

I'll call Photopass support later today, but checking here to see if anyone has experienced the same issues or know if there was a change to the policy below.

TIA!!!

From FAQ in Post #1 of this page.

Memory Maker Specifics

For those whom have the Memory Maker as part of an Annual Pass, things work just a bit differently. You will be able to continue downloading your photos until they expire and are removed from the server just like with the normal Memory Maker. However, there are two important differences: First off, your first download doesn't start a 30 day timer for adding more photos. You can download as often as you like, and you can continue to add photos through the last day that your Annual Pass is valid for admission. The second difference is that your photos will not expire in 45 days, instead they expire in 365 days. That means that you have one full year to download any photos you have taken.

Last edited:
I upgraded to an annual pass on our tip last week and can download individual pictures. I can't find any way to download all of them at once without selecting each image. Is there no way to simply download all my images?

I upgraded to an annual pass on our tip last week and can download individual pictures. I can't find any way to download all of them at once without selecting each image. Is there no way to simply download all my images?
Using the MDE mobile app, NO.
Using the MDE website, once you select one photo/video there will be an option to 'Select all visible media'.

I have a question about MM.

So, I bought MM for my visit(Nov 3-8 package). But I just recently added MNSSHP for Nov 1(my Fl arrival day).

Am I able to have PP photos from the party on my already purchased MM. The party is listed in MDE. I’m hoping that, with my magic band, party photo CAN be added to MM. Or will have to buy the one day MM when I get to MK? :confused3:confused:

It will work - mm isn’t linked to your tickets.

You can also get a card from the photographer and add the number into the mm site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter