Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

No. It's not the general consensus. I enjoyed doing the borders on my photos and adding the effects. That's no longer available. However, that is not why I purchase Memory Maker. I purchase it because of the types of photos I got that I couldn't capture with my camera. I will be purchasing again for my June trip.

We purchase as these are the only photos we end up with that have both me and my DH. All other vacations the photos only have 1 of us......

OMG - I can BARELY contain myself!!!!!!!!
Editing in an app ONLY - really?????

I am currently viewing photos from my August 2018 trip in the app. Unless I am blind, there is NO way to edit photos, even in the app, anymore. The only options I am given are to save, or share. Editing, as far as I can tell, is a thing of the past.

We purchase as these are the only photos we end up with that have both me and my DH. All other vacations the photos only have 1 of us......

This 100% is my reason for purchasing Memory Maker. I have never been a huge fan of the stickers and boarders, and editing the photos on the PhotoPass website was always so slow and cumbersome. I haven't edited any of my photos on their website in quite a few years now. Instead, I have been downloading them as is, and then editing in Photoshop, which is a far superior way to edit anyway, and allows for corrections, adjustments, and enhancements that were never possible with the PhotoPass website.

Wow, things have really changed!! I could go on and on but basically, I echo everything that has been said. Also edits I had made from 2 previous trips are partially missing. I don't know why that would be.

Mine comes with my passholder benefits so I can hold my photos for a year. I'm sorry I didn't download them sooner. What a huge mess!!!

The only thing I can suggest is that if you are not happy with the changes, make it known to both Disney Guest Relations and to Photopass. And, I will certainly do the same!

I haven't seen or heard anything about the box photos at Tinkerbell.

Can someone please point me to an appropriate thread/post?
THX

Wait until this hits party goers! Not everyone takes two or more Disney vacations annually, I'm sure many are not aware.

I'm disappointed with the overall photographs especially from this past MNSSHP. Several were out of focus, poorly lit and a group of them were "not found". As far as I'm concerned it's getting worse each year making me rethink if it's worth the high price tag. :sad2:

Is there still a "download all" button?
Yes. On your computer, when you are looking at all of your photos, hover your mouse over one, and you will see a greyed out circle in the upper right corner. Click on that to turn it green, and place a check mark in it. Now, at the top of the page, above all of your media, you will see a line that says 1 selected, and then has boxes for cancel, and download. Just below that, there is some smallish text that says Select all visible media with a check box next to it.

While it does say select all VISIBLE media, it will actually select all of your media, not just what is visible on screen. At that point, you can download everything.

Now, if anyone figures out a way to DELETE more than one stinking photo at a time, please do share it with me. I have a few hundred that I would like to purge from my account prior to my trip this summer.

Yes. On your computer, when you are looking at all of your photos, hover your mouse over one, and you will see a greyed out circle in the upper right corner. Click on that to turn it green, and place a check mark in it. Now, at the top of the page, above all of your media, you will see a line that says 1 selected, and then has boxes for cancel, and download. Just below that, there is some smallish text that says Select all visible media with a check box next to it.

While it does say select all VISIBLE media, it will actually select all of your media, not just what is visible on screen. At that point, you can download everything.

Now, if anyone figures out a way to DELETE more than one stinking photo at a time, please do share it with me. I have a few hundred that I would like to purge from my account prior to my trip this summer.
THX

OMG - I can BARELY contain myself!!!!!!!!
Editing in an app ONLY - really?????

@!@#!#$!@#@##$^%$%^^%^&%$#$@^$$^&^*()_)_)(()&&*%%^#@@#!#$#^%*&+()*&$#@@#~@##$$&

AND anything I edit I wont see??!!! Why not? Where is it?

AND FOR $190!!!!

And I can only edit in the app that only shows about 75% of your photos if youre lucky....even after 24 hours.........

*breathe*

OK - so my work around idea is to download app the the largest tablet I can find, edit and save to tablet, copy to computer.....

Will really need to rethink this - it was SOOOO nice to not have to carry camera.........

I am not able to edit in the app on Android so they lied. They never responded back to me after I replied that the instructions they gave me didn't work.

Is Memory Maker worth it for only 4 park days (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom)? When we went to Disney a few years ago we went with friends and shared MM and split the cost. We had free dining so we did a ton of character meals and got a lot of great pictures. My kids especially loved the magic shots. I'm debating whether it is worth it this time though. DD's are 10 and 12 and this is probably the last Disney trip we will plan. I am always the photo taker on vacations and only have my iphone SE for picture taking. So I like the idea of professional photos where we can all be in the photo. But we are also trying to do a budget trip and DH is balking at the price tag of MM!

@ang79
Personally, I don't think it's worth it because every photo you want can be had by asking a photopass photographer to take.

Magic shots are a different story however you can add specific images to make them.
upload_2019-3-2_11-51-3.png

One Day memory maker is a great value especially if you plan on doing a one day event. It does not have to party specific and you will have access to the photo shops at Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom.

Memory Maker One Day “entitlement window” begins at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time on the day to which you plan to apply the entitlement and ends at 5:59 a.m. Eastern Time on the following day.

Think of doing this at your favorite park then going to Disney Springs. That's what we're doing this year :flower3:

Is Memory Maker worth it for only 4 park days (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom)? When we went to Disney a few years ago we went with friends and shared MM and split the cost. We had free dining so we did a ton of character meals and got a lot of great pictures. My kids especially loved the magic shots. I'm debating whether it is worth it this time though. DD's are 10 and 12 and this is probably the last Disney trip we will plan. I am always the photo taker on vacations and only have my iphone SE for picture taking. So I like the idea of professional photos where we can all be in the photo. But we are also trying to do a budget trip and DH is balking at the price tag of MM!
And we think it's always worth it. We actively seek out photos photo opportunities photo booths ride photos. It's so great to have pictures of both my DH and me. I'm still upset about the lack of editing and borders but we'll see what happens. Honestly the photos of the two of us together are the most important. And I think that's worth every penny. We actually find ourselves when we go on a non Disney Vacation wishing there was a photo pass option.

And now you have both possible answers provided for you. That leaves you pretty much, where you were in the beginning. Unfortunately, your question is not the kind of thing anyone but you can answer. Only you know the exact details that determine whether the purchase is worth it for you. Can you really afford it, or would the purchase require you to conserve money elsewhere? Are you ok with only photos taken from your phone? Ultimately, this is a very personal decision that you will have to make for yourself.

Personally, I pretty much always get Memory Maker. Out of the 11 times we have gone to Disney World, 10 of them we had Memory Maker. I have a good camera, and do a pretty good job of taking pictures with it, often as good, or even better than what we get from the Photopass photographers. However, it is well worth the money to me, to get the ride photos, and have photos of my family with me in them, and not have to constantly ask Photopass photographers, or random strangers, to take a photo for me. However, I'm not sure if I would be so inclined to make that purchase for a 4 day stay. We always have 10 park days, which gives us much more opportunity to get photos taken.

I have just read the whole thread :faint: and I did not see an answer to my question. I always stay onsite so always have a magic band and never needed to think about this scenario until now. My sister and brother-in-law won't have magic bands. Do they scan their tickets or do they need to get a photo pass card?

Also I have added them to my friends & family and my sister has accepted my email. Do I also need to send her an email for my BIL & she accepts for him?

And as an AP holder Photopass won't show in MDE until the pass is activated, correct?

Thanks for this thread!

I have just read the whole thread :faint: and I did not see an answer to my question. I always stay onsite so always have a magic band and never needed to think about this scenario until now. My sister and brother-in-law won't have magic bands. Do they scan their tickets or do they need to get a photo pass card?

Also I have added them to my friends & family and my sister has accepted my email. Do I also need to send her an email for my BIL & she accepts for him?

And as an AP holder Photopass won't show in MDE until the pass is activated, correct?

Thanks for this thread!

Yes, you need to send an invite for your BIL, and have your sister accept for him. She needs to make certain that both her profile, and her husbands are set to share photopass photos with you.

For Photopass Photographers, and ride photos where there is an area to claim the photo (Like Buzz Lightyear) they can scan their plastic ticket media. If they get a Photopass card, you can also link that.

For ride photos where there is not an area to claim the photo (like Pirates of the Caribbean, or 7DMT) the only way to get those photos is with a Magic Band.

As an AP holder, you won't see the Memory Maker listed in your MDE, but once you have your photos taken, you will be able to download them.

In 2011 I got it for a 3 day trip and in 2015 I got it for a 4 day trip. It was worth it on both occasions. Mr @Tomh says he wouldn't do it for 4 days himself, but he takes longer trips. Considering I'm always in Disney for less than 7 days, it'll always be worth it for me. I did the math one year after pics were taken. In 2015, I believe I paid $149 for Memory Maker. With all the pics I'd gotten, it came out to like each picture costing somewhere around .25 cents each. That tells you how many we got. That was a 4 day trip.

But as Mr. Tomh already said only you can determine if it's worth it.

Yes, you need to send an invite for your BIL, and have your sister accept for him. She needs to make certain that both her profile, and her husbands are set to share photopass photos with you.

For Photopass Photographers, and ride photos where there is an area to claim the photo (Like Buzz Lightyear) they can scan their plastic ticket media. If they get a Photopass card, you can also link that.

For ride photos where there is not an area to claim the photo (like Pirates of the Caribbean, or 7DMT) the only way to get those photos is with a Magic Band.

As an AP holder, you won't see the Memory Maker listed in your MDE, but once you have your photos taken, you will be able to download them.

Thank you for the detailed answer!

Thanks. Darn! I wished I had read this thread before manually downloading each one. Luckily, it was only for 1 trip, but it was 59 pics. That's just not intuitive, and I design microprocessors for a living. Had to get some of our last photos before our APs expire:( One more trip in a couple of weeks though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts