Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Not a fan of this. Hopefully, guest reaction will be bad enough for them to reconsider this change.
They tried to take PP out of BBB a couple years ago and changed course, I assumed because of strong guest reaction.

They are considered third-Party. Not covered by any union and easily changed out to an automated service.
That’s incorrect. While it is true they are non-union cast members, they are not Operating Participants.

Unless you consider Guest Relations cast members third party as well? As they are under the same status.

That’s incorrect. While it is true they are non-union cast members, they are not Operating Participants.

Unless you consider Guest Relations cast members third party as well? As they are under the same status.
Thanks! Entertainment believes DPI to be third-Party in that entertainment CMs have taken matters to Burbank’s HR to stick up for DPI who have been mistreated in WDW.

I guess it doesn’t matter as automation is set for Summer ‘19.

It appears this will begin 11/26 and be at 9 indoor photo locations. There will still be over 100 regular photopass photographers out and about. The automated systems will take photos throughout the entire experience. Universal also does this already at some of their photo locations.

I had been planning to get Memory Maker for my trip next summer, but if they're removing the human photographers, maybe not. Has anyone had the mini portrait sessions? If rather have 10 great shots than 100 mediocre or awful machine taken shots, and it's not like I don't have a camera for the character meets! Honestly haven't been too impressed by some of the Photopass pics in the past.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the one day memory maker? I'm following the instructions on the first page of this thread but it isn't showing up anywhere. I've added a few photos from that day to my cart hoping it would make it show up, but still nothing.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the one day memory maker? I'm following the instructions on the first page of this thread but it isn't showing up anywhere. I've added a few photos from that day to my cart hoping it would make it show up, but still nothing.
Using your phone app, rather than add photos to your Cart, Select one photo and click on Purchase/Buy. The option to purchase 1-day Memory Maker appears. If you have Pop-ups blocked in Safari, the window may not show up. Just make sure Pop-ups aren’t blocked.

I had been planning to get Memory Maker for my trip next summer, but if they're removing the human photographers, maybe not. Has anyone had the mini portrait sessions? If rather have 10 great shots than 100 mediocre or awful machine taken shots, and it's not like I don't have a camera for the character meets! Honestly haven't been too impressed by some of the Photopass pics in the past.
Do keep in mind that the machine taken photos will ONLY be at character meet and greets. Photopass Photographers will still be at many locations throughout the parks taking photos.

Using your phone app, rather than add photos to your Cart, Select one photo and click on Purchase/Buy. The option to purchase 1-day Memory Maker appears. If you have Pop-ups blocked in Safari, the window may not show up. Just make sure Pop-ups aren’t blocked.

Thank you! Hopefully I can actually get into the app to do this, lol.

Do keep in mind that the machine taken photos will ONLY be at character meet and greets. Photopass Photographers will still be at many locations throughout the parks taking photos.

From a quality perspective live Photopass photographers are needed MOST at the Character meet and greets.

Sure a machine can randomly fire the shutter but a live person taking the pictures can A) recognized a moment when it's happening and capture it and B) arrange people suitably for a better picture.

This is a terrible idea. If you think so please contact Guest Relations and send them an email letting them know. Here is the link:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

~NM

From a quality perspective live Photopass photographers are needed MOST at the Character meet and greets.

Sure a machine can randomly fire the shutter but a live person taking the pictures can A) recognized a moment when it's happening and capture it and B) arrange people suitably for a better picture.

This is a terrible idea. If you think so please contact Guest Relations and send them an email letting them know. Here is the link:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

~NM
I was merely making certain that the person whom originally posted was aware that it was not ALL PhotoPass Photographers that were being replaced by machines, as that was how their post sounded. I am not a big fan of this change, but then again, I don't go to the meet and greets very often either. For those who primarily have photos taken around the parks, this will not affect them.

Here is a link to a post regarding the automated from FoxC63 who has a great Magic Shots thread going.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/page-20#post-59964152

Maybe the 'lots of shots' will be redeeming.

Multiple cameras will capture numerous memorable moments during a character interaction, allowing guests to choose from a wider variety of character photos.

If the camera could zoom in and be smarter then a human maybe. Though I find that doubtful. We go very soon and Tinkerbell is always a must for us. I have every year tracked my kids growth through them wearing matching tshirts and a posing with Tink in the middle of them. To ensure I get this shot now I am bringing my own camera.

However I will let others know how it goes with photopass here.

I plan to tell my kids to try and face towards the big green box when talking not with their backs to it. Hopefully this helps some as well. (My kids are 8 and 5 and will get this. Younger kids won't or those not realizing the first time how its done won't either)

I have another question on photopass though.

I am leading a share. I have led them before and had no issue connecting multiple friends/family. With this new system a lot of the times people are not showing up to be able to connect them after the main organizer of the party is added to the group. It completely seems to stop allowing you to add members at a certain point too.

Is there a cap now on how many friends and family you can have? Curious if anyone has noticed this or is having the same issue.

I was thinking at first the person had their settings to not share their list, but we checked that that was not the case.

If the camera could zoom in and be smarter then a human maybe. Though I find that doubtful. We go very soon and Tinkerbell is always a must for us. I have every year tracked my kids growth through them wearing matching tshirts and a posing with Tink in the middle of them. To ensure I get this shot now I am bringing my own camera.

However I will let others know how it goes with photopass here.

I plan to tell my kids to try and face towards the big green box when talking not with their backs to it. Hopefully this helps some as well. (My kids are 8 and 5 and will get this. Younger kids won't or those not realizing the first time how its done won't either)
The camera would also have to be able to move around to adjust the angle as people move about. And anticipate the moment of a hug. I hold out zero hope for this system. Sure some will get a decent staged "everyone line up and smile" shot, but all those magical interaction shots will be a thing of the past.

I have another question on photopass though.

I am leading a share. I have led them before and had no issue connecting multiple friends/family. With this new system a lot of the times people are not showing up to be able to connect them after the main organizer of the party is added to the group. It completely seems to stop allowing you to add members at a certain point too.

Is there a cap now on how many friends and family you can have? Curious if anyone has noticed this or is having the same issue.

I was thinking at first the person had their settings to not share their list, but we checked that that was not the case.
The Friends and Family feature of the Memory Maker is a fantastic way for many members of the same family to make memories together. While common sense dictates that there probably is some kind of limit on how many family members would reasonably be travelling together, I am not aware of anyone ever running into a limit in the system.

MDE is, has been, and likely will continue to be a finicky system. I have run into issues with my fifteen year old son, where we have requested each other and accepted many many times, and still are not connected. We have gone through guest services, and still are not connected. With that in mind, my thought is that what you are experiencing is not any kind of hard limit (well, unless there are 50 members in your family, then maybe it is) but rather just MDE being finicky. If the part of the family in question is staying onsite, try looking them up via resort reservation number. If they are not, then try manually entering their information and sending them a request via email. If that doesn't work, then you can have them send the request to you.

When I connected to my uncle and aunt for our trip this past August, I connected to him with no problem, but connecting with her took several different attempts. If all else fails, you can call technical support at 1 (407) 939 4357, and they may be able to assist you in connecting to your stray family members.

I tried to find this answer all over the board and on Disney, sorry if I’m missing it! How do I buy “photo download” for just a few photos? The only options I can find in MDE are the one day and full memory maker. I was planning on getting just a few and I’ll be so upset if I can’t.

I tried to find this answer all over the board and on Disney, sorry if I’m missing it! How do I buy “photo download” for just a few photos? The only options I can find in MDE are the one day and full memory maker. I was planning on getting just a few and I’ll be so upset if I can’t.
Once you have the photo taken, you can tap on the photo (or click if on a computer) to view it, and you should then be able to get to the option to purchase just the one photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter