Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I just want to make sure this is okay. We purchased Memory Maker, and it shows on MDE account, but when my husband tries to link it to his, it says it is already linked. However, his screen in MDE doesn't show that he has it. If we are linked as family and friends and the green box is checked, the photographers can scan any of our bands, correct? What about our kids? We have them set up in MDE, but I don't know that they can actually log in, or do they have to be able to? I can't remember how we set them up. I think my husband set them up then linked us all, but obviously my 1yos are not signing in themselves, haha. Sorry if this is not making sense, I'm confused and just want to make sure that any photos taken with any of our bands scanned will show up for me.

I just want to make sure this is okay. We purchased Memory Maker, and it shows on MDE account, but when my husband tries to link it to his, it says it is already linked. However, his screen in MDE doesn't show that he has it. If we are linked as family and friends and the green box is checked, the photographers can scan any of our bands, correct? What about our kids? We have them set up in MDE, but I don't know that they can actually log in, or do they have to be able to? I can't remember how we set them up. I think my husband set them up then linked us all, but obviously my 1yos are not signing in themselves, haha. Sorry if this is not making sense, I'm confused and just want to make sure that any photos taken with any of our bands scanned will show up for me.
Since your DH has his own MDE account, he needs to make sure that your linked profile in his family & friends list is set to share his PhotoPass photos with you. As long as that's set to true, you will see any photos that were scanned to his MagicBand.

If you manage the kids profiles, there is nothing that needs to be done. Their photos will automatically be linked to your PhotoPass account.

If DH manages the kids profiles and you are linked to them, DH needs to set the PhotoPass share settings from his account.

Since your DH has his own MDE account, he needs to make sure that your linked profile in his family & friends list is set to share his PhotoPass photos with you. As long as that's set to true, you will see any photos that were scanned to his MagicBand.

If you manage the kids profiles, there is nothing that needs to be done. Their photos will automatically be linked to your PhotoPass account.

If DH manages the kids profiles and you are linked to them, DH needs to set the PhotoPass share settings from his account.

Thank you! He manages the kids so I'll have him check that for them as well. On a related note (but not related to Memory Maker so if I need to ask elsewhere I will), since he manages the kids' accounts, will he need to do FP+ reservations, or will I be able to do them for everyone I'm linked to? I don't know why he ended up managing the kids when I am the one booking everything.

Thank you! He manages the kids so I'll have him check that for them as well. On a related note (but not related to Memory Maker so if I need to ask elsewhere I will), since he manages the kids' accounts, will he need to do FP+ reservations, or will I be able to do them for everyone I'm linked to? I don't know why he ended up managing the kids when I am the one booking everything.
You can make FP+ selections for anyone listed in your family & friends list that has valid park admission linked to their profile.

Just to be clear, ANYONE can get a photo taken using their magic band at any time. Memory Maker gives you the ability to download those photos at a set price. Whomever has the Memory Maker entitlement has to have everyone else connected to their MDE via Friends and Family, and everyone has to enable the check box for the holder of the Memory Maker to see their PhotoPass Photos.

In your situation, where the children's MDE's are managed by your husband, it would be easier for you to assign the Memory Maker entitlement to him, and then just be sure that you are connected to him through Friends and Family, and have enabled him to share your PhotoPass Photos.

If YOU are the holder of that entitlement, then not only will you have to connect to your husband, but you will also have to connect to each of the kids, and have all of them share photos with you.

If you currently have the Memory Maker entitlement, you should be able to see it in your MDE account, under My Reservations and Tickets, and there should be an option there to reassign it. Simply reassign it to your husband, and then make sure you are sharing photos with him.

Hello,

I'm so sorry if this has been already asked and answered. I'm just at a roadblock...

I purchase the memory maker along with my 2019 package for January. However, I can't seem to figure out how to link the memory maker to my Disney experience. It only gave me a link when I purchase the package. And when I go on that website. It's just a FAQ about photo pass. Oh my gosh, what am I doing wrong?

First time buying the memory maker.

Right. The Memory Maker can only be linked to one person. That said, anyone on your friends list in MDE will have their pictures show up in your Memory Maker. So, make sure you are friends with him on MDE! Also, he will be able to view all the pictures on your Memory Maker once you link accounts as friends on MDE. It's still technically "your" Memory Maker, though.

Thanks for all of the helpful information! When I go to my friends and family list and click "update" next to a name, there is no box for me to check. I've looked at both the app and on the website. I have the memory maker linked to my reservation, and I went to the photo page and made sure that "include photos shared by friends and family" was checked. No one else has a separate MDE account, if that matters. All magic bands are linked to my MDE account. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

When I go to my friends and family list and click "update" next to a name, there is no box for me to check. I've looked at both the app and on the website. ... No one else has a separate MDE account, if that matters. All magic bands are linked to my MDE account. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
There are no options you need to set for profiles YOU manage. Their photos will always appear in your PhotoPass account.

You only need to set the sharing options in MDE for family and friends who have their own separate MDE account. Accounts you manage will be included in your Memory Maker automatically.

Is there a photopass photographer consistently at Summit Plummet? At park opening

Hello. what is the attractions + option? I would like to get all the ride photos but don't wanna spend $199. I'm going in September and my son doesn't really wanna do any meet and greats.

Thought I've never used it, my understanding is that the Attractions Plus option includes only your ride photos.

Hello everyone. I am sorry if this question has already been asked and answered before, but can you fill me in on how it works to share MemoryMaker? I just found out that my sister arrives at Disney on the day we leave. Can I still add her to my MemoryMaker so she can use it during her trip? If so, how do I do that and is it within Disney's rules to do so? Thanks so much.

Yes, you can still add her, and it is within Disney's rules to do so. Your sister, and anyone in her travel party that has their own My Disney Experience account, will need to add you to their friends and family list. Once that is done, you will be able to see all of their photos in your My Disney Experience account, and download them.

You do need to keep in mind that you can only add photos to the Memory Maker for 30 days after the first time you download photos using it, so do make certain that you don't download your first photos more than 30 days before the last day of your sisters trip. Also keep in mind that all photos are deleted off the system 45 days after they are taken, so do be sure that you download all of your photos within that 45 day window as to not lose any.

Thank you. This helps a lot. :) .

Yes, you can still add her, and it is within Disney's rules to do so. Your sister, and anyone in her travel party that has their own My Disney Experience account, will need to add you to their friends and family list. Once that is done, you will be able to see all of their photos in your My Disney Experience account, and download them.

You do need to keep in mind that you can only add photos to the Memory Maker for 30 days after the first time you download photos using it, so do make certain that you don't download your first photos more than 30 days before the last day of your sisters trip. Also keep in mind that all photos are deleted off the system 45 days after they are taken, so do be sure that you download all of your photos within that 45 day window as to not lose any.

Thank you. This helps a lot. :) .
Glad to help. If you need more guidance through the process of adding them into friends and family, give a holler, and I'll give you a more in-depth guide as to how to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter