Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Every time you click on "download all" it makes a new set of zip files. I don't recall exactly how the naming works, but it indicates what set of zip files it belongs to, and which file in the set it is.

When I did it two days ago what happened was it made 10 new zip files. The first four are named Part 1 through Part 4. Next it made six zip files named "PartC - 1" through "PartC - 6". That's it. No indication of what's in what or why there are different sets. All of the sets were generated on the same day at the same time I pushed the Download Photos button

This:
H1EsQC4l.jpg

Then this:
ShgUqcbl.jpg

They certainly have a complicated way of grouping the photos together. I won't pretend to understand how they do it, or what the file names mean.

I have read through a lot of the memory maker threads but I want to totally understand the way it works. If I advance purchase a memory maker, it isn't linked to my check in date, right? i have split stay with back to back reservations in November this year. First reservation is 3 days room only. The second is a package for 4 days which is where I am eligible to advance purchase. If I advance purchase on the second reservation, I can still activate it on day one of the vacation? it wont make me wait until the second check-in day?

I have read through a lot of the memory maker threads but I want to totally understand the way it works. If I advance purchase a memory maker, it isn't linked to my check in date, right? i have split stay with back to back reservations in November this year. First reservation is 3 days room only. The second is a package for 4 days which is where I am eligible to advance purchase. If I advance purchase on the second reservation, I can still activate it on day one of the vacation? it wont make me wait until the second check-in day?
Advance Purchase is not tied to a Stay.

If you want photos from all days of your vacation, Purchase Memory Maker at least 3 days before your check-in date of your first stay. Better yet, just buy it now and you won’t need to worry about missing any photos.

The timeframes begin when you download your first photo from your stash of photos.

Memory Maker isn't linked to your onsite stay at all. You don't even need to have an onsite stay to use Memory Maker.

You can advance purchase Memory Maker, at least 3 days before the first day of your 3 day room only stay. It could be MORE than 3 days before, that doesn't matter, you could advance purchase it a month, or more before the first day of your 3 day room only stay.

When you go to the parks, you start getting pictures taken. Each picture will go into your Photopass account, and will remain there for 45 days. This happens even if your do NOT have a Memory Maker. After you download your first photo using Memory Maker, you then have 30 more days to add additional photos to your account.

Since your trip is only 7 days, this limit won't matter to you.

Make your advance purchase at any time. Get photos taken at the parks, you don't need to do anything to activate Memory Maker before getting photos taken. Once your trip is over, go to the photopass section of My Disney Experience, and edit your photos as you see fit, then download them. Just make sure you finish your editing, and download your photos within 45 days of the day you have your first photo taken.

Question on MM. I’ve never used it before but a family member purchased it for an upcoming trip. What if our group separates? Can everyone still have access to the MM if our MDE accounts are linked? How does that work?

Question on MM. I’ve never used it before but a family member purchased it for an upcoming trip. What if our group separates? Can everyone still have access to the MM if our MDE accounts are linked? How does that work?
Just make sure your MDE accounts are linked, and you've each filled in the check box for My Disney PhotoPass Photos (meaning all family members need to fill in that box for the MM holder) and that is all there is to it. Anytime anyone in the group has a photo taken, it will appear both in their MDE, and in the MDE of the Memory Maker holder.

Just make sure your MDE accounts are linked, and you've each filled in the check box for My Disney PhotoPass Photos (meaning all family members need to fill in that box for the MM holder) and that is all there is to it. Anytime anyone in the group has a photo taken, it will appear both in their MDE, and in the MDE of the Memory Maker holder.
Awesome! Thank you!

Will a photopass photographer use my own camera? (DSLR)

I don't mind paying $18 for a picture with the two of us. Otherwise there will be lots of photos of just my sister for this trip :D

Will a photopass photographer use my own camera? (DSLR)

I don't mind paying $18 for a picture with the two of us. Otherwise there will be lots of photos of just my sister for this trip :D

Yes they will, and no charge even if you let them take photos with their camera too.

ETA You pay only if you buy a photo they took with their camera.

Cool. Thank you.
I have like 1 good picture of myself. And I don't trust my sister :D
Ruh Roh . . . I trust your sister is NOT a member here on the DIS lol. Photopass Photographers will be more than happy to take a shot with your camera, right after they take the Photopass pictures.

Is there an up-to-date list somewhere of what attraction photos are included with Memory Maker? I've come across some but they're fairly old.

I hope this list is complete.

Magic Kingdom

• Splash Mountain
  • Space Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle (this is an interactive performance not a ride but everyone who participates gets some nice snaps with Belle)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot

• Test Track
  • Frozen Ever After
Hollywood Studios

• Tower of Terror
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Animal Kingdom

• Dinosaur
  • Expedition Everest
Memory Maker also includes videos from:

• Tower of Terror
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (just an animation over your still picture)

How do I purchase prints of photos I like from memory maker?
If you are looking for actual prints, when you download your photos from Memory Maker, you also get a release, which gives you the rights to use those photos as you see fit. You can get prints of any of the photos from an online provider, or take a digital copy of the photo (on a flash drive, or CD) anywhere that makes prints, and they will be able to print them for you.

My wife just added memory maker to our reservation before we finalized and paid it off. After reading your post, I now feel very confident with our decision. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter