Everything Is Awesome! The Story Of A SUPER RAD Family Vacation!

ColdNeverBotheredMe

Try Everything!
Part One: My Long Rambling Introductions...
or Elsa Attempts Her First Trip Report

SOMEWHERE.
AT A CALIFORNIA DISNEYLAND RESORT....

Five Oregonians joined awesome forces to battle evil- er- that is, to embark upon an epic journey.... Okay, fine, to pile themselves into a van and drive from the small town of Newberg, Oregon to Anaheim, California, which is, as you all well know, home of DISNEYLANNDD, the happiest place on earth!! For we are they, and they are we....

A little bit about us:
We are a rag tag group of rock and roll freedom fighters dedicated to.... PROTECTING THE WORLD. Just kidding. We're actually your average family with perhaps a bit more geekiness and nerdiness (NOT the same thing by the way!) than some might deem exactly healthy. Here are some general facts about our generally strange family:

1. As you might possibly have already surmised, we are pretty much the biggest fans of the Aquabats and the Aquabats Super Show! For those of you who don't know what they are (I'm sorry), I'd better warn you that this report is bound to be chock full of references! To put it briefly, they are a band from Southern California (that's where Disneyland is, guys! Learning and Growing...ding ding) who also have a children's TV show. The band does ska and rock and roll music, and the show is incredibly bizarre, purposely campy, and hilarious. If you want to know more, look them up. You'll thank me. Either that or you'll think I'm insane.
But anyway.

2. We all love the same kinds of rides: rollercoasters and thrill rides, and we also HATE standing in line. (who does, right?)

3. Our favorite Disney show is Phineas and Ferb, and we all agree, that it is indeed the best.

4. We are distinctly strange. We like weird things, we nerd out over lots of things, and for the most part are unashamed of nearly anything. WE also really love awful puns and corny jokes! (That's why we ride the Jungle Cruise)

5. We live in Oregon and have been to Disneyland multiple times. This is our third trip with the entire fam, but have been other times. We like to consider ourselves rather experts on how to "work the system", so to speak, in order to cut down our wait times as much as possible. We also pride ourselves on having almost all of the ride spiels memorized. We can recite most of our favorites. As will become immediately apparent later in the report I'm guessing.

6. We have never been to Disney World. We would like to, but for now, are happy with our Disneyland. (It IS the Happiest Place on Earth after all!)

7. I can't think of anything else but seven is my favorite number so here's another one so I can have seven.

Another disclaimer before we truly begin: I really don't have pictures to show you. I have no way of uploading them on here (really, I don't have any sort of dropbox, photo bucket, anything, before you start trying to offer solutions), so I have set myself the challenge of trying to make my report interesting without pictures! Hopefully my words shall be enough. If not, feel free to exit to your left.

And now. The moment you've all been waiting for! The amazing.....the wonderful....... INTRODUCTIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS OF OUR FAMILY!!!!!!! (and you thought it was gonna be the backside of water! That will come later, I promise) Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Elsa: That's me, the oldest daughter. I'm seventeen, and just graduated high school, and this trip makes the end of a crazy busy summer for me. You know me on the DisBoards as ColdNeverBotheredMe, a somewhat unique, nerdy girl with a taste for Shakespeare, classic novels, books in general, theatre, acting in particular, and sourdough bread. Not to mention an enthusiastic member of various fandoms including but not limited to Doctor Who, Harry Potter. The Aquabats, Owl City, How To Train Your Dragon, Frozen, and Disney in general (I mean who on here isn't?) I am also a fan of long sentences. I apologize.
Favorite Disney movies: Emperor's New Groove, Aladdin, Newsies, Up
Favorite ride at Disneyland: Indiana Jones Adventure!

Sven: He is the middle child, the only son, and a pretty awesome person. He’s thirteen and going into eighth grade, his last year of middle school! He is kind of a strange kid (well, so are we all… all strange kids…) and is not ashamed of it! He particularly loves beat boxing (and is pretty good at it too) and drumming! He loves filmmaking, editing, Mythbusters, the Aquabats, Redwall, computer games, bird watching, and Minecraft.
Favorite Disney movies: Sky High, The Muppet Movie, Emperor’s New Groove, Wreck-It Ralph
Favorite ride at Disneyland: California Screamin'

Anna: The youngest daughter, at eleven, is still old enough to enjoy everything at the parks. She’s going into sixth grade. She tends to have giggling fits at random things that aren’t even funny, and particularly enjoys chortling. Don’t ask. She also loves Harry potter, and the Aquabats, most Disney movies, fast rollercoasters, journaling, drawing, and crafts in general.
Favorite Disney movies: Tangled, Mulan
Favorite ride at Disneyland: California Screamin’

Mom: She’s well, clearly, my mom, and the co-leader I suppose of our crazy little family. She is probably the most normal out of the five of us to be honest, but definitely has her own little nerdy side too. She likes Doctor Who and Lost and various other TV shows and is pretty much the fastest reader you’ll ever find. She is not quite as big of an Aquabats fan as the rest of us, unfortuanly, but she does put up with our insanity, for which we are all grateful. However, coincidentally, while she rolls her eyes at us singing Aquabats at the top of our lungs together, she will always join in when we’re singing “Everything is Awesome” from the Lego Movie. Sometimes she’ll even start it. Then Dad rolls his eyes…
Favorite Disney movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite ride at Disneyland: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Also known as the WIIILDEST RAAAHDE IN THE WEEEEELDERNESS!!!!!

Dad: Once again, pretty obvious that this is the dad, the “commander” of our family. Even though he is the father, that definitely does not mean he isn’t crazy and nerdy like the rest of us. He is a definite geek, teaches computer programming, and loves it. He also loves most kinds of music, including but not limited to rock and roll, ska, alternative, and dub step. Huge Aquabats fan like the rest of us, also loves Muse, Mutemath, Switchfoot, and various other bands. Also a great Whovian and especially good with the go pro camera, which came in handy on lots of rides.
Favorite Disney movies: Wreck-It Ralph, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Sky High, Gus
Favorite ride at Disneyland: California Screamin’
And one other thing, you may as well know that he has spiky hair.

So there you have it, folks! The cast of our amazing adventure in Disneyland and Southern California! If you’ve made it reading this far, I commend you, and apologize for my rambling (which I’m sure will not be the last time I say that!). I’ve never written a trip report before, so you must forgive me if you find me to be slightly, er, long winded. I’m kind of like that in person too, so there you have it.
Thanks for reading, seriously. I promise we’ll get to the details of the trip soon enough. And what details they are!! Seriously, this trip has been one of the greatest of my life, it was SUPER RAD and I can’t wait to share as many of our magical moments and memories as I can remember of our “super cool science family” as one CM put it upon seeing our nerdy t-shirts. Sigh. I also apologize for my run-on sentences.

So for now, I shall bid thee farewell, and with more rad updates to come, as soon as I can find the time to sit down and finish writing out this report. I intend it to be the best one I’ve ever written! (you know, ‘cause it’s the only one and all that…) See you homies later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter