Everyone's opinions on Halloween treats.

:tongue:Definitely want to try the pumpkin beignets and the pumpkin churros when we go on the 29th.

Has anyone tried the Green Apple Spell Lemonade at Smokejumpers? It's probably the only Halloween treat I think I can't miss this year.

Had the Pumpkin spice funnel cake fries Wednesday and was highly disappointed. The fries were tough and chewy, managed to cut the roof of my mouth a little. The pumpkin spice sauce they put on had way to much ginger and killed all the other spice flavors.

On the savory side DH has had the fireshouse chicken sandwhich and really liked the flavors but the bread got soggy from all the sauce. He's also tried the spicy pepper jack cheese stick at corn dog castle, he said he would never get that again and wasn't even sure who's idea to do that was. Next week he has the musubi on his list.

Has anyone had the cookie decorating kits at Troubadour Tavern? Just wondering what they are and how they come - is this something that comes pre-packaged that we can take home?
We will try to get as many Halloween snacks/food as possible but we are only there for 4 days!

Has anyone tried the pumpkin spice beignets? Are they really sweet? I'm very cautious about trying seasonal desserts after tasting that awful Strawberry churro that was around for pixar fest :crazy2:.

Is there a list somewhere of all the specialty/ seasonal Halloween food that is out there?

Has anyone tried the pumpkin spice beignets? Are they really sweet? I'm very cautious about trying seasonal desserts after tasting that awful Strawberry churro that was around for pixar fest :crazy2:.
They ARE covered in powdered sugar so I would say they are as sweet as the regular beignets. The pumpkin flavored dough itself didn't add much sweetness or taste like artificial pumpkin. I made the mistake of trying the watermelon churro once and it tasted like nasty candy, these were nothing like that. It was extra soft, warm, tasted like they used real pumpkin and then the powder sugar adds just the right amount of sweetness in my opinion.
IMG_4768 (1).jpg

Is there a list somewhere of all the specialty/ seasonal Halloween food that is out there?
There was a post with a list on the Disney parks blog. I don't have the link handy but you should be able to find it with a search on the blog site.

They are delicious and are the only seasonal treat that is a must-do each visit! They are actually just regular beignets with pumpkin spice added to the powdered sugar. My youngest was never a fan of beignets, but after a bite of these she was hooked.

After trying the sour apple churro, I have absolutely no desire to ever try a flavored churro again.

:tongue:
They ARE covered in powdered sugar so I would say they are as sweet as the regular beignets. The pumpkin flavored dough itself didn't add much sweetness or taste like artificial pumpkin. I made the mistake of trying the watermelon churro once and it tasted like nasty candy, these were nothing like that. It was extra soft, warm, tasted like they used real pumpkin and then the powder sugar adds just the right amount of sweetness in my opinion.
View attachment 354227

Must. Have. These. NOW.

Maleficent Churro - it was OK, very messy, would have been completely unremarkable without the marshmallow dip
S’mores Churro- this one was delicious, I wish we had gotten two of these
Frozen Abuelita Horchata- I didn't try this, I don't like horchata, my friend liked it but it didn't have as much flavor as she wanted
Mickey Mummy Macaron- this was good but incredibly sweet, I split it with my friend and could hardly finish my half, there is no way that I could finish this on my own
Bacon Cheddar Ale Soup- this was our favorite, it tasted distinctly like ale which we enjoyed
Oktoberfest Dog- This was OK, it would have been better had I gotten it without sauerkraut as the sour flavor didn't go well with the beer cheese but I am not a huge sauerkraut fan so this could just be on me- to note this had an incredible amount of green onions as a topping which I liked but would likely be overwhelming for most

I also got the poison apple cocktail (not sure of the real name) at Carthay to get the purple glow cube, and man that brought me back to college and not in a good way, I would not recommend this one for the flavor, but I do like my purple glow cube!

Last edited:
I'm going to add another vote for the mummy macaron at Jolly Holiday. Yes, it's definitely sweet, but, uhm, I might have eaten one all by myself...for breakfast.

I also got the poison apple drink at Carthay for the purple apple glow cube. Our waiter could not have been more emphatic that you had to order THAT cocktail, they would not add the glow cube to any other drink. If I had known how bad it was going to be I would have just asked them to put it in an empty glass...although they may not have done that either. I worked dang hard for my three colors of apple glow cubes ;) #Goals

We didn't have a chance to try many of them but some of the cutest treats were in temporary Halloween stand in the lobby of GCH. Super cute cookies, whoopie pies, dipped pretzels, cookie shot glasses (filled with alcohol for adults and milk for littles.)

I also got the poison apple drink at Carthay for the purple apple glow cube. Our waiter could not have been more emphatic that you had to order THAT cocktail, they would not add the glow cube to any other drink. If I had known how bad it was going to be I would have just asked them to put it in an empty glass...although they may not have done that either. I worked dang hard for my three colors of apple glow cubes ;) #Goals
Did you order it in the lounge or in the dining room? Last week we had lunch upstairs in the dining room and our server said we could order the glow cube with any beverage. We would just have to pay the price of the poison appletini. Since we don't drink we ordered the non-alcoholic specialty beverages.

Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake at Jolly Holiday. One of my favorites. Lots of pumpkin flavor, but consistency was softer and the cheesecake added a bit of tartness to counter the sweetmess of the cream topping.

Apple Pie a la Mode Sundae at Gibson Girl. Very good and of a generous size so it was perfect for sharing.

Did you order it in the lounge or in the dining room? Last week we had lunch upstairs in the dining room and our server said we could order the glow cube with any beverage. We would just have to pay the price of the poison appletini. Since we don't drink we ordered the non-alcoholic specialty beverages.

Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake at Jolly Holiday. One of my favorites. Lots of pumpkin flavor, but consistency was softer and the cheesecake added a bit of tartness to counter the sweetmess of the cream topping.

Apple Pie a la Mode Sundae at Gibson Girl. Very good and of a generous size so it was perfect for sharing.

I don't know about the experience of the pp, but I was not allowed to get the purple glow cube in any drink but the poison appletini in the Carthay lounge. I ended up finishing it in one large gulp after the initial taste, I would have paid a hefty price to not have to order that drink.

I also got the poison apple cocktail (not sure of the real name) at Carthay to get the purple glow cube, and man that brought me back to college and not in a good way, I would not recommend this one for the flavor, but I do like my purple glow cube!

LOL ! Oh man, I'm set on trying this drink on Saturday when I go. The things I will do for a glow cube...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter