Every Mile is a Miracle

I have really been trying to focus on my nutrition best I can the past two weeks. I have been inputting my meals into My Fitness Pal to keep track. I don't think I am at a deficit and honestly these are all things I have on my menu daily.

For example:
Breakfast = Coffee with collagen peptides, Boiled egg, oatmeal or yogurt, fruit (banana, apples, grapes), sometimes bacon.
Snack = Usually the fruit I haven't finished for breakfast
Lunch = Protein, Grain, Vegetable (This week it was grilled chicken, brown rice, veggies. Last week it was Chicken Curry with rice.) Sometimes I will make a small salad to have with it that is lettuce, cheese, and dressing.
Snack = popcorn or cheese and pretzels, or nuts sometimes.
Dinner = This isn't necessarily as consistent as the rest of my day but usually includes the same stuff as lunch: Protein, Grain, Veggie.

But my main concern is that by lunch and sometimes after I am just hungry and I do my best to have a healthy thing on hand to grab because of it.

Could it be a timing thing or allocation of calories across the day thing? Like as an example you get 2000 calories. You eat 600 at Breakfast, 600 at lunch, and 800 at dinner. You are hungry right before/after lunch. Instead try 800 at breakfast, 600 at lunch, 600 at dinner.

Admittedly though, you do mostly morning workouts. My experience is I'm a heck of a lot more hungry on days with heavy morning workouts then on days I'm not when it comes to lunch time. And that's even if I have the same +/- calorie count when it comes to lunch time. So I might not be much help either since I haven't figured that one out yet.

As for both side breathing in swimming, let me just bow down to you. I wish i could but i get literally two strokes and completely stop because i have breathed in water.

I know only two people will care about this (ahem, @Keels & @FFigawi) but today I did some lap swimming this morning and I practiced breathing on BOTH sides. Which I neverrrr do.

Excellent! Not only is this good for keeping your stroke & body better aligned, it's also good practice for the open water swim portion of your next tri. ;)

So I just made my way over here after reading your dopey TR. I’m *thinking* about the marathon in 2021. Anyway, I did the same 12K of Christmas and I agree with you.... soooooo boring! So many canals! That was a one and done for me!

Some time ago I used the app "Run Bet" because well, I was running and I like free money. Well the payout wasn't even worth it so I stopped using it.
Fast forward to now and life being hard and running becoming a chore -- I signed up for a 4 week Run Bet that gets me to taper week. It requires four 30 minute runs a week and cost me $40. Last time I finished a $40 Run Bet I made 80 cents. Hahahaha. But I also don't want to lose this $40, so here's to hoping I put the work in.

This weekend we are heading to L.A. to see John Mayer perform, buy a car, and spend some time at Disneyland. But we are leaving really early on Saturday so guess who has to wake up at 2am and run 8 miles before our trip...... But honestly, the weather should be perfect so I have that going for me.

Anyway, it's Halloween time at Disneyland and I can't wait to see it during the most wonderful time of year. 🎃

2am and run 8 miles before our trip

See the source image

That's some dedication right there...major respect! LOL

I feel like I can positively say that I do not want to train for a Marathon ever again. Maybe it's the season. Maybe it would be better during the winter for a spring race. But those 4am wake up calls to be able to get 8+ miles in before work are brutal and I am really over them. This is what happened this morning:
My first alarm went off. I got out of bed, walked across my room where I keep my phone, turned it off, and went back to bed. My second alarm goes off and I do the same but I don't go back to bed this time. I get dressed. I eat a banana. I pack my hydration and snack belt. I get in my car. I drive 10 minutes to my running path. I park. I dread. I rest my head against my window in my car and fall asleep. I wake up and look at the time. I say F this and drive home. I then crawl back into bed and sleep for another hour. #WhatMarathonTraining

I guess I could just be really tired. Or lazy. I don't know. I am just ready for this Marathon to be over.

25 days.

In happier news, we spent 7 hours at Disneyland on Sunday and we go back in 18 days.

IMG_9963.JPG

You are SO CLOSE!
It is so dark and lonely in the morning. I am impressed you made it out of bed at all. Would a virtual cheerleader be helpful? Pick someone in a different time zone who is already awake to call, text, or communicate in some way?

You can do this! You're so close. Even if you haven't done all the mileage scheduled, it still looks like you've been putting in decent training. So you're not at 6 hrs, but you've still been doing 4-5 hours which is doing fine. I've seen a handful of runners be successful in that range. Don't lose hope or motivation yet. The finish line of the training plan is so close and you've still go this. Keep up the great work!

After the marathon this year, I was on some sort of high. I even went so far as to look at local marathons, but couldn't find any that worked all the way around. Still on that high, about 5-6 weeks after the marathon, I registered for Dopey again for 2020.

And then I started Giant Race training as a get in the groove for Dopey training and found myself questioning why I signed up for the marathon again?

So yeah, I know how you feel about marathon training.

And then I keep forgetting about Goofy, but that's not really marathon training, that's "moving party" training, right?
And post moving party training as well. It just isn't the same without Chip and Dale having fun with medals after the races. They are especially fond of spinner medals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!