Every Mile is a Miracle

One. More. Long. Run.

And then a weekend away in LA! The thing is, we are trying to leave around 5am tomorrow so I am going to be getting up at 2am to get these 10 miles in before this trip. Wish me luck. 🤪😂

I bet @DopeyBadger would call this sleep deprivation acclimation training or something like that.

Take a shot, carry a pizza and pretend it’s marathon weekend.

Long Beach Marathon Training Week 6
LBMW6.JPG

I am actually really bad at sticking to a schedule. Last week was hard but I did it. This week is also hard and so far I have ran 0 scheduled miles. (I KNOW, I KNOW.)

Days Until Long Beach Marathon: 89
Margaritas earned: 1/5

Upcoming Training LBM W7:
Monday - 5 mi @ EA (11:27)
Tuesday - 6.23 mi BLOCK
Wednesday - 5 mi @ EA (11:27)
Thursday - REST DAY
Friday - 9 mi @ LR (10:24)
Saturday - 3 mi @ EA (11:27)
Sunday - REST DAY

I am actually really bad at sticking to a schedule. Last week was hard but I did it. This week is also hard and so far I have ran 0 scheduled miles. (I KNOW, I KNOW.)

I think you're doing great. You deserve a bonus grace after pulling off a 2am run for sure. So I say, if you can do 20 min today then I count the streak as continued into week 2 of 5 towards earning Marg #2! If you can get out there today, then use your judgement tomorrow whether you want to try the Block run or another easy day instead. It's a recovery week, so either is fine.

I think you're doing great. You deserve a bonus grace after pulling off a 2am run for sure. So I say, if you can do 20 min today then I count the streak as continued into week 2 of 5 towards earning Marg #2! If you can get out there today, then use your judgement tomorrow whether you want to try the Block run or another easy day instead. It's a recovery week, so either is fine.
I will accept this offer! YAY. Thanks Coach.

Long Beach Marathon Training Week 7
LBMW7.JPG

True Life: Training for a Marathon in the summer is hard.
But the actual truth is: Bay was at her grandparents all week and we may have stayed up too late a lot of the nights this week and also drank lots of Margs. So this was all I did this week, but I also did a Kettlebell class on Wednesday that I wouldn't usually be able to do when Bay is here. It kicked my butt and I was sore for days.
Good news though y'all: It's a new week and I got my run in this morning and I feel pretty okay.

Days Until Long Beach Marathon: 83
Margaritas earned: 1/5

Upcoming Training LBM W8:
Monday - 8 mi M Tempo Intervals
Tuesday - 3 mi @ EA (11:27)
Wednesday - 6 mi @ EB (10:41) + Strides
Thursday - REST DAY
Friday - 11 mi @ LR/M Tempo
Saturday - DISNEYLAND!!!
Sunday - 7 mi @ EB (10:41) + Strides

Last edited:
Hi. Tomorrow is National Tequila Day. That is all.

giphy.gif

*Checks running schedule*
Okay, good. The longest mileage on a work day the rest of my plan is 9.5 miles. Because MAN I am H U R T I N G after my 11 miler this morning and work is the absolute last place I would like to be right now. BUT this was an impromptu schedule change anyway because we are going to Disneyland tomorrow and I was not going to be able to get any running. Then I have 7 miles scheduled for Sunday and the plan is to run around Anaheim and Disneyland, then end at the park and go in for food and a ride or two. It's like a mini-runDisney event!

Just gotta get through this day first........ 6 more hours..........

Because MAN I am H U R T I N G after my 11 miler this morning and work is the absolute last place I would like to be right now.
I know how that goes. Star Wars Dark Side Training always involves me going to work after the long run. And I'll be doing it again next winter.

*Checks running schedule*
Okay, good. The longest mileage on a work day the rest of my plan is 9.5 miles. Because MAN I am H U R T I N G after my 11 miler this morning and work is the absolute last place I would like to be right now. BUT this was an impromptu schedule change anyway because we are going to Disneyland tomorrow and I was not going to be able to get any running. Then I have 7 miles scheduled for Sunday and the plan is to run around Anaheim and Disneyland, then end at the park and go in for food and a ride or two. It's like a mini-runDisney event!

Just gotta get through this day first........ 6 more hours..........

I know you were hurting, but maybe you’ve forgotten that you’re an effing badass? Get after it, marathoner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!