Every Mile is a Miracle

But yay for the free Goodr sunglasses! Are those the ones you are wearing?
Nope! I wanted black to match my outfit, haha. These blue ones were the free ones!
57802394392__6A73B3A2-0769-4BE3-8407-0EEF893BBCC9.JPG

How are you feet recovering?
They are fine! I wore sandals the rest of the day. The blisters weren't too terrible and never got gross, so that was good.

I am amazed that you can run a solid race after a night of drinking, little sleep, and a hectic morning. You are a rock star!!
I would like to thank runDisney for training me well. Hahahaha.

What was the elevation drop?
This one was also about 2000ft. But don't let this graphic fool you, it only felt downhill until mile 8.
drop.JPG

You clearly are mentally stronger than me, because after the cop stopped me I would've been a hot mess.
GIRLLLL. I mean, I was mentally preparing myself to have missed the bus. But at that point all I could do was try and hope I made it. I am glad I did!

Hope your legs are starting to feel better :)
Thanks!! I've been giving them some extra roll outs the past few days. I was supposed to run today but decided to just walk a mile or so instead. Better to not make them mad. Haha.

Wow! I can't imagine running that far downhill and not having my quads just explode -- nor can I imagine racing at all after such a hectic morning. you are h*ckin awesome, indeed.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed post-race pizza, and I can't wait to see what is next!

Great recap! That much downhill scares me! Glad you did so well them. I know you missed a PR but thats still a great time! Congrats!

April Totals
Miles - 71.54
Time Spent - 12:13:03
Average Pace - 10:29
YTD Miles - 259.19

I am still really far behind on my mileage goal for the year, but I keep telling myself that Marathon Training will fix that right up....

Anyway, y'all know what today is right?...

giphy.webp

Poor JT. LOL.

I feel like every month it's the same thing. I wanna focus on running and nutrition. Then about 1/2 way through the month I let myself go because life or laziness or whatever excuse I wanna come up with. And while I want to say that this month WILL BE DIFFERENT, outlook isn't so good. It's a busy month for me and I have some stuff that I have to deal with that is like r u i n i n g my mental health (and my life), but I will do my best because that's all I can do.

giphy.gif

I will focus on the good and hope that carries me through. Now that my Half Marathon is done, I was trying to get a 10k race in this month, but my schedule didn't line up with the one I was looking it. Instead, I am going to finish out my training plan and do a mock 10k just to see where my fitness level is. That will give coach a base for my next training plan which will be for the Long Beach Marathon in October! I also decided to start a run streak this month that will go to July 4th.

Other than running, this month I am going to a wedding, a college graduation, my kid's swim-a-thon, a baseball game, and then OMG a full (three day) weekend at home. WHEW. Send me all your tots and pears this month because I am gonna need them.

giphy.gif

I feel like every month it's the same thing. I wanna focus on running and nutrition. Then about 1/2 way through the month I let myself go because life or laziness or whatever excuse I wanna come up with. And while I want to say that this month WILL BE DIFFERENT, outlook isn't so good. It's a busy month for me and I have some stuff that I have to deal with that is like r u i n i n g my mental health (and my life), but I will do my best because that's all I can do.
You are certainly not alone. I do the same in saying I am going to do this and that and then it slows down or stops. Either way we are all here rooting for you and I am sure you'll be fine with everything that happens.

I feel you on having the best of intentions and then things falling apart halfway through. I always look at a new month as a fresh start and hopet hat maybe this will be the month. It has to happen eventually right?

Welcome to Thursday's edition of "Shoe Chat".

I have a Gift Card for Brooks and then they just released these super cute Launch 6s. I should probably get them, huh?

View attachment 398533

Yes, but I assume you have already completed that transaction because the answer was going to be yes.
I am always sad the cute shoes do not get released in my shoe model.

Yes, but I assume you have already completed that transaction because the answer was going to be yes.
I just need someone to push me to click "order". I get really bad shopping anxiety, but like what else was I going to buy besides shoes with that money?? Haha.

I LOVE those Brooks. I wonder how the Launch would work for me...
What do you currently run in? I have been wearing Launches for 4 years now and I love them.

What do you currently run in? I have been wearing Launches for 4 years now and I love them.

Brooks Ravenna9s. They don't bother me but I don't know if I love them. They are the first running shoe I've ever gotten (new runner) so I'm willing to try new shoes!

I feel like every month it's the same thing. I wanna focus on running and nutrition. Then about 1/2 way through the month I let myself go because life or laziness or whatever excuse I wanna come up with.
You're not alone in that. I always set grandiose goals about things I want to accomplish especially after I get clear of extremely demanding work deadlines.

And then I get clear of those deadlines and it feels like my life goes into a tailspin. I've been wanting to resume running for about 2 weeks now. And since then it's been one issue after another keeping me from getting back out there. It gets frustrating. Just keep doing the best you can. We're here for you to vent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!