Every Mile is a Miracle

Perks of living in a small town is that my bike shop had same day turn around and I was able to get my bike fixed yesterday. Took her out for a spin this morning and let me tell you that watching the Haunting of Hill House at night, then riding a bike the next morning in the dark was a terrible idea. I kept seeing things and had to try really hard to focus on my podcast so my mind wouldn't wander to scary things.

Perks of living in a small town is that my bike shop had same day turn around and I was able to get my bike fixed yesterday. Took her out for a spin this morning and let me tell you that watching the Haunting of Hill House at night, then riding a bike the next morning in the dark was a terrible idea. I kept seeing things and had to try really hard to focus on my podcast so my mind wouldn't wander to scary things.
Just listen to My Favorite Murderer while you are biking...I’m sure that will help ;)

Yay for bike being fixed!

Happy Monday and what a week. I had been fighting a cold and/or sinus infection (I didn't feel like WebMDing it) and I thought that I could just push through it, but decided against it and took a few days off. I am about 95% now and should be able to get through a full week of workouts. Fingers crossed. But here is my recap of what I did do.

Monday 1/28 - Plan: Swim (1750m) / Actual: Swim 1750m (Pace 2:01/100yd)
I'm a swimmer, it's what I do with ease. So doing a mile long workout is nothing to me. Until I go look at Triathlon training plans and they suggest working up to a mile, for I guess obvious reasons. Haha. Oops. The swim portion of the Tri I am doing is 1500m. I know I can swim it but I want to swim it fast. So I need to work on figuring out workouts to get me that goal.
Workout: 150 WU (SKPS) / 3 x 50 drills (3 times) / 200 FB + 300 Free + 100 FB / 100 CD

Tuesday 1/29 - Plan: Bike 30 mins & Run 3 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: No Bike & 3 mi @ 10:57
After packing my bike into my car the night before, then waking up and actually getting out of bed when my alarm went off, then driving all the way to the bike path.... just to realize that my bike tires were kaput... So no bike ride. But I did get my 3 miles in, nice and easy, but my legs feel like they can never go fast ever again.
Run Splits: 11:10, 10:42, 10:58

Wednesday 1/30 - Plan: 4 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: Bike 21:16 - 3.77 mi @ 10.6 mph) & 3.75 mi @ 10:51
So like I had mentioned in my journal this week, my small town bike shop was able to get me up and riding again in a day, so I once again packed up my bike and this time was able to take it for a ride! Yay! It wasn't far and it wasn't fast but it was a good start. After my ride, I put my bike away and did a loop on the path that was 3.75 miles. Hello first brick workout of this training cycle.
Run Splits: 11:02, 10:54, 10:44, 10:54

Thursday 1/31 - Plan: Swim (1400m) / Actual: SKIPPED

Friday 2/1 - Plan: 4 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: SKIPPED

Saturday 2/2 - Plan: 4.5 mi @ EB (10:36) / Actual: 4.82 @ 10:48
After skipping two days in order to get rid of this stupid cold, I cut my Saturday run from 6 miles to however many miles it took me to get to the store. We had some errands to run, so I told my family I would meet them at the store in order for us to kill some birds with stones. It was a hill route and 2 days later my legs are still mad at me for it. But it felt pretty good, weather was nice, got to catch up on a podcast...
Run Splits: 10:36, 10:29, 10:33, 10:56, 11:32

Margarita Streak - Day 2
FF344E99-E82B-465B-8C85-4FFEB84C871E.JPG

Sunday 2/3 - Plan: Bike 30 mins / Actual: Bike 22:18 3.6 mi @ 9.7 mph
Riding around my house is impossible unless I want a good hill workout. It's basically me coasting down and then powering up a hill. I did it twice. My legs hate me. I'm sure it was a good workout. But it sucked.

Margarita Streak - Day 3
E82F97A5-F22E-4DCA-8BA5-4A299CE56A9E.JPG

HOPEFULLY I can get my full workout plan done this week, but I mean when I write these things out I cringe at how early I need to get up to get some of this done. I don't know if I have it in me but I will sure as heck try.

Upcoming Tri Training Week 2 (2/4 - 2/10)
Monday 2/4 - REST
Tuesday 2/5 - Swim & 4 mi @ EA (11:21)
Wednesday 2/6 - Bike 11 mi & 4 mi @ EA (11:21)
Thursday 2/7 - Swim
Friday 2/8 - Bike 40 min & 5 mi @ EA (11:21)
Saturday 2/9 - 7 mi @ EB (10:36) + Strides
Sunday 2/10 - Bike 15 mi

I am jealous of your swimming prowess. I can swim, but am an incredibly weak/not confident swimmer. Doing a tri would be fun, but the swim portion will keep me away.

Being a strong swimmer is a huge help in a tri. It lets you conserve energy for the bike and run while those around you expend much more to exit the water in the same time.

Same. I can't figure out how to breathe with my face down in the water, LOL.

If you can breathe with your face down in the water, you're one step ahead of all of us on the evolutionary scale. :laughing:

All kidding aside, when your face is in the water, you're exhaling most of the time to allow you to inhale when you turn your head to the side and out of the water. It's something that is very easy for children to learn but much more difficult for adults as they get older. Kind of like learning new languages. Kids are great at that too compared with adults.

If you can breathe with your face down in the water, you're one step ahead of all of us on the evolutionary scale. :laughing:

All kidding aside, when your face is in the water, you're exhaling most of the time to allow you to inhale when you turn your head to the side and out of the water. It's something that is very easy for children to learn but much more difficult for adults as they get older. Kind of like learning new languages. Kids are great at that too compared with adults.

LOL! I am part fish, I thought I had told y'all that before.

Yeah, I never took swim lessons as a kid so I think that's the problem. I learned to swim by watching our Labrador Retriever. :confused3 I should probably take some classes now, because I'd love to try a Tri and join the cool kids club!

Hey y’all! Did you know that there are a LOT of calories in Margaritas? And did you also know that I usually have two in one sitting? OOPS. Guess I’ll stop doing that daily… Anyway, the #MargaritaStreak is still going strong. Trying to make it through my birthday month and then I am going on a booze-free streak. #MarchMadness

Of course I am having problems sticking to my training plan, but I am trying. Mostly I am just tired all the time. Let’s see what I accomplished this week.

Monday 2/4 – Rest day!

Tuesday 2/5 – Plan: Swim & Run 4 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: No Swim & Run 4.01 mi @ 11:18
I have a problem getting out of bed in the morning, so I passed on my swim. But forced myself to at least get my run in before work. It made for a rushed morning, but I did it.
Run Splits: 10:54, 11:04, 12:00, 11:17

Wednesday 2/6 – Plan: Bike 11 mi & Run 4 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: Bike 7.47 mi & Run 3.88 mi @ 10:43
I actually got out of bed this morning and took my bike out for a ride. It was really cold and I wish I had gloves on. I didn’t want to also squeeze in my run before work, so I moved it to my lunch break. I forgot that my work was having a group walk that ends in free lunch though! I started with them and ran instead of walked. It was fun passing them every so often. Bonus: free Chipotle!
Run Splits: 10:16, 10:53, 10:54, 10:48

Thursday 2/7 – Plan: Swim / Actual: Swim 1250 meters
I am only allotted an hour for my lunch break, but sometimes I can get by with it running over a bit. I wonder how long until someone says something though. Anyway, swam during my lunch break because it was just too cold to get out of bed in the AM. Did some sprints.
Workout: 100 WU (SKPS) / 200 FB / Sprint Ladder x 500 / 100 FB / 50 CD

Friday 2/8 – Plan: Bike 40 min & 5 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: SKIPPED
Life happens.

Saturday 2/9 – Plan: 7 mi @ EB (10:36) + Strides / Actual: SKIPPED
Bay had an out of town swim meet and I just couldn’t get it in. She, however, did amazing and took 5 seconds off both of her events!!!

Sunday 2/10 – Plan: Bike 15 mi / Actual: Run 4.56 mi @ 10:25
After two days of skipping workouts, I told myself that it is okay. Because it is. Because life is allowed to happen and things get changed. That is okay. So while I probably needed to get another ride in on my bike this week, I just couldn’t make it happen. Instead, I went on a run. Something is better than nothing. At this point I am just thankful that I am not yet signed up for this Triathlon next month. LOL.
Run Splits: 10:16, 10:09, 10:26, 10:47, 10:26

So, that was it! I have like 5 weeks until the Tri.... Weeee....

Upcoming Tri Training Week 2 (2/11 - 2/17)
Monday 2/11 - Bike 7.5 mi
Tuesday 2/12 - Run 4 mi @ EA (11:21) & Swim 1100 meters
Wednesday 2/13 - Run 5 mi Blind Progression
Thursday 2/14 - Bike 11 mi
Friday 2/15 - Run 6 mi @ EB (10:36) & Swim 1450 meters
Saturday 2/16 - Run 8 mi @ LR (10:19) + 2 mi @ HM Tempo (9:05)
Sunday 2/17 - Rest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter