Every Mile is a Miracle

Agree 100% on Forbidden Journey. It’s my favorite ride. I love it so much!!! Can’t wait to go on it again in January (hopefully).

I just assumed they closed down all of NYC and blew up bridges and rebuilt them

They actually do. That's why the trains never run properly. They're always blowing up bridges and subway tunnels while filming movies.

I gotta do the Olivanders thing when I go in January. Although I’ll probably hide in a corner and not buy a wand because I’m a giant social anxiety chicken.

Sounds like a great trip overall ... except for the no 20" pizza and not moving to California thing. Oh California...

Agree 100% on Forbidden Journey. It’s my favorite ride. I love it so much!!! Can’t wait to go on it again in January (hopefully).

I gotta do the Olivanders thing when I go in January. Although I’ll probably hide in a corner and not buy a wand because I’m a giant social anxiety chicken.

Sounds like a great trip overall ... except for the no 20" pizza and not moving to California thing. Oh California...
Yeahhhh, after going to Universal in California, I was like WELP GUESS I AM GOING TO UNIVERSAL IN ORLANDO IN JANUARY. Like how can I not?! I need to see Diagon Alley! And I probably won't go to Universal Hollywood again for at least 5 years, when Bay turns 11 and gets her letter to Hogwarts. But Brad was even saying this is like an every 8-10 year park for him and I don't really disagree.
The Olivanders thing was super cool. They pick one person in the group to be a part of the show. The guy chose a boy that was about 12 which I thought was perfect. So you probably wouldn't be picked if that helps your anxiety at all. Definitely just hide in the back and watch.

Okay, now that all the fun is done, let's get back to the training. I have 39 days until my race. My training has been less than perfect but I still have plenty of time to finish strong. If I want it, prove it....
My original goal for this race is to run a sub 2 hour HM. That's still definitely my goal, but with all this PoT talk going on and the calculations that @DopeyBadger has come up with, I have a backup goal of 1:53:30 so I could maybe get into Corral B. And that is strictly just to say I could do it. I honestly don't really care about corral placement, but I like a good competition.

First off, let me tell you the things I have haunting my brain about this race:
1) It's all the way across the dang country. Hey jet lag, how you doin'?
2) I haven't been putting 100% into my training.
3) Can you really trust your training if you haven't been putting in the work?
4) In order for me to hit my "A" Goal I have to shave 23 minutes off of my current PR.
5) In order for me to hit my "B" Goal I have to shave 29 minutes off of my current PR.

Now, let me tell you all the things I have going for me with the Navy Air Force Half Marathon:
1) I am going to this race weekend solo. Meaning no one to worry about or a schedule to stick to or anything. Just me.
2) It's flat!!!!! If you have been following my journey at all this year, I have done two races that I wanted to PR in, that both had some killer elevation. Like KILLER. I almost died on a mountain, killer. So when I say this course is flat, I mean the highest elevation gain is 30 feet and my usual running route around my house is 200 feet of elevation gain over 1.5 miles. I only know flat from running on the track...

This is going to be a lot of mind of matter. This is going to be a lot of working through the last part of my training plan with full focus. Eye on the prize. If you want it, prove it. Just do it. Can I do it? Absolutely. But WILL I do it, is the better question. Every week is a new week, every day is a new day. I take it bit by bit and I will get there.

Okay, now that all the fun is done, let's get back to the training. I have 39 days until my race. My training has been less than perfect but I still have plenty of time to finish strong. If I want it, prove it....
My original goal for this race is to run a sub 2 hour HM. That's still definitely my goal, but with all this PoT talk going on and the calculations that @DopeyBadger has come up with, I have a backup goal of 1:53:30 so I could maybe get into Corral B. And that is strictly just to say I could do it. I honestly don't really care about corral placement, but I like a good competition.

4) In order for me to hit my "A" Goal I have to shave 23 minutes off of my current PR.
5) In order for me to hit my "B" Goal I have to shave 29 minutes off of my current PR.

Now, let me tell you all the things I have going for me with the Navy Air Force Half Marathon:
1) I am going to this race weekend solo. Meaning no one to worry about or a schedule to stick to or anything. Just me.
2) It's flat!!!!! If you have been following my journey at all this year, I have done two races that I wanted to PR in, that both had some killer elevation. Like KILLER. I almost died on a mountain, killer. So when I say this course is flat, I mean the highest elevation gain is 30 feet and my usual running route around my house is 200 feet of elevation gain over 1.5 miles. I only know flat from running on the track...

This is going to be a lot of mind of matter. This is going to be a lot of working through the last part of my training plan with full focus. Eye on the prize. If you want it, prove it. Just do it. Can I do it? Absolutely. But WILL I do it, is the better question. Every week is a new week, every day is a new day. I take it bit by bit and I will get there.

:car:

Every week is a new week, every day is a new day

This.
Forget what has happened over the past few weeks. The first part of the plan doesn't exist. What does exist is your next run. Go out, crush that. Then go out and crush the next one. Just keep crushing workouts over and over again and you'll have a great chance at crushing your race day goals.

You got this, girl!

This.
Forget what has happened over the past few weeks. The first part of the plan doesn't exist. What does exist is your next run. Go out, crush that. Then go out and crush the next one. Just keep crushing workouts over and over again and you'll have a great chance at crushing your race day goals.

You got this, girl!
Thank you for this. After a rough tempo workout this morning I needed some words of encouragement.

Yeahhhh, after going to Universal in California, I was like WELP GUESS I AM GOING TO UNIVERSAL IN ORLANDO IN JANUARY. Like how can I not?! I need to see Diagon Alley! And I probably won't go to Universal Hollywood again for at least 5 years, when Bay turns 11 and gets her letter to Hogwarts. But Brad was even saying this is like an every 8-10 year park for him and I don't really disagree.
The Olivanders thing was super cool. They pick one person in the group to be a part of the show. The guy chose a boy that was about 12 which I thought was perfect. So you probably wouldn't be picked if that helps your anxiety at all. Definitely just hide in the back and watch.
Yeah, I also feel like Universal is a once every five years or so. As much as I love the Harry Potter books, I don't quite feel the same way about the movies. Now, if Diagon Alley was out west, I may feel more inclined to visit Universal more often. There is SO MUCH to explore in Diagon Alley. I fully expect Universal to open a Wizarding World resort after the Star Wars resort opens. And let's not discuss how much I will spend to stay at the Star Wars resort. Because I don't want to put that in print.

You have 39 days. That's plenty of time. I've done crazier running things than that. And you're a lot faster than me.

Thank you for this. After a rough tempo workout this morning I needed some words of encouragement.
I know what you mean. My tempo run last week was a near disaster. I was supposed to run tempo for 2 miles and failed miserably. It was pretty discouraging.

We already had lunch planned, so we headed out to this place I saw on Instagram that someone was consuming a 20" pizza slice at and OMG I HAD TO HAVE IT. But it took us almost 30 minutes to find parking near it and the spot we found was only a 15 minute spot and it was busy and I didn't even know if this was something I could order by the slice or if I had to buy a whole pie... So I panicked and had an anxiety attack and just ordered a few slices that were normal sized, while Brad got a sandwich and Bay got Lasagna. Brad had to leave to move our car to a better spot and we just waited there for our food. Finally Brad was back and we had food and we found a spot outside and ate. The pizza was really good but it would have been better if it was 20" long. The Lasagna was amazing and tasted super homemade. I would definitely come back here and get a full 20" pie.

COME VISIT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and I will take you to Serious Pizza. They sell bigass pizza by the slice.

348s.jpg

Well you're coming to NYC for the marathon anyway, so I can see if I can get recommendations for the best large pizza. I hope you're good at folding your pizza, because that's the #1 rule of eating pizza in NYC.

I hope you're good at folding your pizza, because that's the #1 rule of eating pizza in NYC.
:rolleyes: I guess if I have to. NY Style Pizza isn't my favorite, but it's better than Chicago Pizza.

Well you're coming to NYC for the marathon anyway
But omg, this sentence terrifies me a little. Hahaha. Only 2 more races until we are locked in. Well, I mean you are locked in and I am a locked in hopeful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter