Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

we used both Uber and Lyft this last trip (a couple weeks ago). Both drivers were very professional, their cars were clean, they drove safely, and BOTH could barely speak English. One guy even got out and opened the doors for us. I did not feel unsafe at all. Gave them both a tip and a 5 star rating. They performed their job exactly as I expected.

Hi all. This has been a great thread to read and learn from. That said, what's the latest on Uber/Lyft pick-up from Orlando-Sanford (SFB)? We are flying arriving in early June on a Sat. night at 11:00pm and am wondering what options I have. Will be staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Springs. Not completely opposed to getting a rental car, but likely wouldn't use it a lot once at the resort, plus I'm not sure what the rental car scene is like at SFB, especially that time of night. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi all. This has been a great thread to read and learn from. That said, what's the latest on Uber/Lyft pick-up from Orlando-Sanford (SFB)? We are flying arriving in early June on a Sat. night at 11:00pm and am wondering what options I have. Will be staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Springs. Not completely opposed to getting a rental car, but likely wouldn't use it a lot once at the resort, plus I'm not sure what the rental car scene is like at SFB, especially that time of night. Any advice is appreciated.
I don't know the Orlando market, but I asked your question on one of the Uber driver online communities. I was told that Uber is permitted to pick up at Sanford, and the driver who answered me picks up there all the time. Sanford is in a different county from MCO, so apparently their regulations are more consumer-oriented than MCO's.

Hopefully Rob or Joel will jump in if that is incorrect, and they may be able to also give you info on whether you'd have any difficulty getting an Uber at 11 PM as Sanford.

As you probably know, Wyndham Bonnet Creek has a shuttle bus service ($) to the theme parks. I don't have the current info on that shuttle because we drive to WDW, but there is a ton of information on WBC on the Orlando Hotels & Attractions forum. Ubering may very well be both more convenient and less expensive than the shuttle service.

Wow this thread went off the rails. Ultimately you have to make decisions you feel comfortable with, but to equate someone not speaking English to being a bad and unsafe driver is pretty xenophobic and cruel. To each their own.

I am neither xenophobic nor cruel. For you to state otherwise is offensive and rude.

Would Uber be an option for 2 to go from FQ (with luggage-1 large suitcase and 1 carry on each) to Port Canaveral for a cruise and then from Port Canaveral to MCO?

Would Uber be an option for 2 to go from FQ (with luggage-1 large suitcase and 1 carry on each) to Port Canaveral for a cruise and then from Port Canaveral to MCO?
Yes, but I suggest using the Usurv app to prearrange the trip to the port, as some drivers will not want to go that far.

Will be staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Springs.
When I first looked at your post, I kind of glossed over this and assumed that you meant Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- the large timeshare resort a couple of miles west of Disney Springs.

But you need to be very clear where you are really staying. There is one Wyndham resort called Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs, and another called Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The transportation services are totally different at those two resorts -- so you need to use the right name to get accurate recommendations.

Last edited:
That said, what's the latest on Uber/Lyft pick-up from Orlando-Sanford (SFB)? We are flying arriving in early June on a Sat. night at 11:00pm and am wondering what options I have.
I got some additional feedback on the driver's forum that pickups around 11 PM at Sanford may be hit or miss. The poster said there might be 4-5 Ubers available, or there might be none.

To me, both that trip and your return trip to Sanford are custom-made for pre-scheduling your ride with the UZURV app.

I would certainly use Uzurv for the extra peace of mind. Here's the link: https://uzurv.com/ You can download the app from either the iTunes Store or Google Play.

I got some additional feedback on the driver's forum that pickups around 11 PM at Sanford may be hit or miss. The poster said there might be 4-5 Ubers available, or there might be none.

To me, both that trip and your return trip to Sanford are custom-made for pre-scheduling your ride with the UZURV app.

I would certainly use Uzurv for the extra peace of mind. Here's the link: https://uzurv.com/ You can download the app from either the iTunes Store or Google Play.

Thanks JimMIA for all of your help and information. I will check out Uzurv.

I certainly meant to type Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Are there any issues for Uber/Lyft from this resort? Our plan is to utilize Uber/Lyft for our transportation needs and to/from the parks Mon-Wed (unless the Wyndham Bonnet Creek shuttle service comes highly recommended). We will need to get a rental car on Thursday for a day trip to Daytona, before we head to Clearwater for the weekend. Any recommendations for nearby rental companies is welcome.

We used Uber on our recent trip and I have to say it was great. We used it to get from BWI to Typhoon Lagoon and back (two times) and then from POFQ to BWI. All of our drivers were excellent. On our first TL day, we were a little damp for the trip back to the resort, but our driver had an extra seat protector on the backseat (still allowed for seat belts, but he was clearly prepared for water pick up). The second time, we were smarter and brought a change of clothes before our ride back. That driver didn't have an extra seat protector. Our first driver was very quiet, but friendly and professional. We had a few drivers who were transplants from NY and NJ and they were really chatty, which was fine with us. They were recently retired, came down to Florida and got bored, so now drive when they're looking for something to do. For one trip from TL to BWI and the trip from POFQ to BWI we had no wait because the driver was dropping someone else off right before our pick-up. On the other trips, we waited less than 5 minutes. The costs of our trips were from $6.16 to $7.40. This was much better than renting a car.

Thanks JimMIA for all of your help and information. I will check out Uzurv.

I certainly meant to type Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Are there any issues for Uber/Lyft from this resort? Our plan is to utilize Uber/Lyft for our transportation needs and to/from the parks Mon-Wed (unless the Wyndham Bonnet Creek shuttle service comes highly recommended).
I'm sure you won't have any issues at Bonnet Creek, and your kids are going to love it! Just tell the guard that you are checking in and they will have a guest list. The checkin is right in front of the guard gate.

The WBC shuttle is scheduled, not on-demand. The front desk will have a schedule. We don't use it, so I'm not current on the pricing, but I believe the price is per-person. That may make Uber/Lyft more attractive.

For one trip from TL to BWI and the trip from POFQ to BWI we had no wait because the driver was dropping someone else off right before our pick-up.
Uber tries to do that whenever they can; it's better for both the customers and drivers. Sometimes it can get pretty humorous if the riders being picked up are veteran Uber drivers and realize what's happening. I've pulled up to big hotels on South Beach and had my next passengers actually open the doors for my current riders. That's happened several times, and it always gets a big laugh.

Hey there folks. Thanks for the info in the first post. It was super helpful on my trip that I just returned from. We used Lyft this trip 3 times. Caribbean Beach -> Swan, Swan-> Pop, Pop-> MCO.

This was the first time that we used it at Disney, I've been using Uber/Lyft for a few years. It all worked great.

Caribbean Beach: 7:15am, 5 minutes from request and picked us up right outside our room at Aruba (the loop).
Swan -> Pop: 9:00pm, 5 minutes from request to pick up, easy pick up in lobby.
Pop -> MCO: 5:20am, scheduled ride night before for 5:20-5:30. Got the text that driver arrived at 5:08am. Walked out to main guest drop off (at far end of check out desk, opposite side from Food Court). Got to MCO at 5:45.

Very impressed with service all around. We have always rented a car, but parking charge for 3 nights at Swan made it unfeasible. We are thinking that now we may use Lyft as our regular service (We used DME to get to Caribbean Beach.)

Pop -> MCO: 5:20am, scheduled ride night before for 5:20-5:30. Got the text that driver arrived at 5:08am. Walked out to main guest drop off (at far end of check out desk, opposite side from Food Court). Got to MCO at 5:45.
This is an important thing for people wanting to pre-schedule rides to understand -- it really doesn't mean "scheduled," it just means they are going to dispatch the ride at a certain time.

And -- so they don't make you late -- they are going to dispatch it in plenty of time (read: EARLY).

In your case, the driver arrived 12 minutes earlier than your earliest plans. That could result in a driver having to wait a considerable time (they get paid with Lyft, but not with Uber), OR it could result in you getting charged a cancellation fee (which I think is $10 with both companies for pre-scheduled rides).

So if you pre-schedule...BE READY.

We have a 7pm adr at Cali Grill tonight and will be coming from ASMusic. What time should I get a ride?

Just so you know -- actual fares for both of these companies may vary significantly from the initial fare estimate. The prices you are quoted are estimates, not guaranteed fares.

I had a ride Saturday where the estimate was $22, and the actual fare charged was $30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!