Ever do this before?

I would book the 2 rooms, not only to save the money, but also because of the extra space. I do think they would try and put you next to each other, and if they don't, then you still saved $200. My only concern would be that different stewards - you would be tipping both, but one would actually be doing all the work.

And seriously, have you considered bringing a relative (grandma or grandpa) along to help with the kids, etc.? As a 3rd person in an inside room, they can't be that much more (esp. since the first $200 are a break even) and then they can nap or hang out with the kids later at night while you and spouse go out.

We booked 3 weeks out IGT rooms and were assigned next to each other (3 cabins). Then 2 cabins decided to upgrade to OGT and were assigned next to each other with connecting cabins. We sail Saturday. We often book GT rates and have often been next to each other or a few cabins away. But, it is possible to be put on different floors.

MJ

Don't forget that you could be in different muster stations AND you'll need to fill out the forms allowing an adult in the other stateroom to bring the kids on and off the ship. (Not a big deal, but something you should be aware of in terms of paper work).

I was just playing in the website, and I think you are looking at 2 different types of "guarantee" bookings.
  • With 4 in one stateroom, it's offering me 10B GTY - which means you will be assigned at least a category 10B stateroom (designed for 4 guests). This is a regular booking except that you allow DCL to assign the stateroom.
  • Splitting the party into 2 staterooms, what it's offering is 2 "IGT" bookings -- which means you could be assigned any interior stateroom (or higher). These bookings are discounted but also have restrictions such as no changes, no cancellations, etc.
I would be concerned that the assigned staterooms are so distantly separated that you wouldn't use the 2nd one yet you would be paying tips to that room steward plus extra tip to the steward for the room you do occupy. that wipes out more than half the savings. Also, the family would need to split for muster drill (and if any real emergency).

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter