Ever been in Jan. w/baby?

kclark9830

DIS Veteran
We've been to WDW several times, but always in August or September. This time we've decided to go the last week of January into February. I'm a little nervous about the cool weather, especially because we'll have an 8 month old. Any baby tips for going in cooler weather? Special items you'd bring along? Thanks!

We've been to WDW several times, but always in August or September. This time we've decided to go the last week of January into February. I'm a little nervous about the cool weather, especially because we'll have an 8 month old. Any baby tips for going in cooler weather? Special items you'd bring along? Thanks!

We were there in both January of 2015 and 2016. 2015 the weather was perfect! Mid 70s during the day and 60's at night. We were fine at night with a light sweatshirt or cardigan. One day it reached 80. 2016 was another story! We definitely needed our winter coats at night and wore heavy sweaters/sweashirts during the day. One day, it didn't even reach 50 and was VERY windy! Brrrr! So, I would say plan for anything and keep a real close watch on the weather a few days before you leave. As far as baby, I would definitely bring/rent a stroller and bring his/her favorite blanket. Otherwise, keep an eye on the weather and dress him/her how you usually would in that type of weather. Don't forget a hat! Obviously if it's cooler, wearing the baby will keep them warmer, but I would't wear a baby all day in the parks.

I think that is actually much better then the heat of the summer. (less overheating in a carrier). The weather is in the 60s, so pants, short sleeves and light jacket.

We went in late Jan/early Feb with a few of our babes and it was fantastic. Not too hot but warm enough to swim, beautiful sunny days (no hurricanes!) ;) We love it! The mornings are chilly and of course the days can be cold, but we've been really lucky and always had nice weather. We much prefer it to September! Just bring extra blankets, sweatshirts and if you are driving, pack the jackets just in case!

I prefer cool to heat with an infant.... easier to bundle them up than to cool off sweaty babies hanging on you.....

Rain cover for your stroller. It worked great as a wind shield when watching Illuminations at Epcot. Invest in two sippy cup straps. One for the bottle/sippy cup, and one to hold his favorite stuffed animal or toy. Fleece type lightweight snowsuit for cooler mornings and evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!