Evening DME Arrival

DGsAtBLT

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the theme parks board, but realized it’s probably better suited here.

This is our first time arriving late to MCO (scheduled to land at 840), what can we expect in regards to our luggage? In past trips it has always been delivered to our room while we were out, so I’m not sure what the usual timeframe is, and if Disney’s stated 3 hour max is usually accurate.

If our plane is delayed and arrives after 10, will our bags still make it to the carousel for pick up with no issue even though we have them tagged? What are your experiences with delivery time that late in the day? Is the 3 hour timeframe from arrival at MCO or arrival at your resort? If we want to go to bed and luggage hasn’t arrived yet, canwe ask bell services to hold it until morning?

If I was coming in that late I wouldn’t use the yellow tags instead I would pick up my luggage and take it to DME. Not sure of the cut off time but do you really want you luggage delivered to the room around midnight or later?

Last edited:
If I was coming in that late I wouldn’t use the yellow tags instead I would pick up my luggage and take it to MDE. Not sure of the cut off time but do you really want you luggage delivered to the room around midnight or later?

That’s why I was wondering how it’s handled that late at night and if there is some sort of cut off time for delivery for late arrivals that are before 10 PM.

Midnight, someone will likely be awake to receive it and I’d rather get to the bus and resort quicker with small kids than wait for luggage. 3 AM delivery though? No thank you.

If your flight ends up being delayed, you can always claim your own luggage (even if it's tagged).

I would just pack enough in a carryon for that night, if it gets too late you can always request that bell services hold your luggage until the next day.

If your flight ends up being delayed, you can always claim your own luggage (even if it's tagged).

I would just pack enough in a carryon for that night, if it gets too late you can always request that bell services hold your luggage until the next day.

Thanks, I think that’s what we’ll probably end up doing! Beats getting the luggage ourselves.

Make sure to stop at bell service when you arrive to ask them to hold the luggage. I forgot to stop by and around 11:15 pm I remembered and tried to call and never got an answer. At about 11:30-11:45 and I started to walk back up to bell service when I saw a cart headed to the building across from me with my luggage. So, I got lucky and was still in bed by midnight since it took the cart about 10 minutes to get to my room.

FYI: I arrived at MCO at 6:30 pm and was at AoA by 7:50 pm.

The 3 hours starts when you arrive at your resort.

As the PP said call and have bell services hold it. Pack what you need in a carry one what you need for the first 24 hours (always a good idea when traveling anywhere). In the morning call and have them bring your bags to your room.

To clarify: If you put the yellow tags on your checked bags they will not come out to the luggage carousel. They will be pulled off before they ever go out for you to grab them.

I would never stop and get my own bags unless I had to. Why spend more time in the airport than you need to? Pack what you need for the night in your carry on and then tell the resort to hold your checked bags. When you are ready for your bags to be delivered all you have to do is call. Piece of cake.

To clarify: If you put the yellow tags on your checked bags they will not come out to the luggage carousel. They will be pulled off before they ever go out for you to grab them.

I would never stop and get my own bags unless I had to. Why spend more time in the airport than you need to? Pack what you need for the night in your carry on and then tell the resort to hold your checked bags. When you are ready for your bags to be delivered all you have to do is call. Piece of cake.
I believe that if you arrive after 10pm the bags will go to the carousel. Then the next morning, DME CMs will go to the various airline luggage areas to collect the tagged bags. But, that's only after 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter