• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EVC rentals in the park and availability ?

diazwoman

Earning My Ears
after reading some of the posts here I have accepted the idea of renting an EVC in the parks.
I do not think it will be a problem around the hotels or going from bus to entrance, its a distance, stamina issue, so I do not think I need to rent for 24 hour availability from an outside vendor. I am capable of walking so don't need to burden anyone with the loading/unloading bus issue. I also plan to conserve energy by using it mostly for transport between areas of the park so I will be able to go from attraction to attraction under foot power and stay in line with my kids
Now that I have wrapped my mind around this and sounded out my teen children on their feelings I am getting really really excited, the idea of being able to be a FULL PARTICIPANT in everything is so liberating.
I have always enjoyed other trips,(to other places this is first trip to wdw) seeing the kids have fun was number one but observing much of it from a park bench, or having everyone make numerous rest stops on the way somewhere is a bit different I am sure.

I plan on going to parks first thing in am. I will be leaving each park around 2 or so. If I return in the evening with the kids they can run to rides I will be mostly just there for pics, atmosphere, maybe get a seat for fireworks so should not need an evc.

but read everywhere about limited availability..I am going 8/15-8/25 is this something I need to worry about???? Now that I have come to terms with using one the idea one may not be available is worrisome.

You might want to carry the numbers for a few of the off-site rentals with you in case you decide to change your mind while you are there and rent full time.

And I think it is a good decision. I remeber the first time I rented an ECV at Epcot it made my wife very happy since she was no longer slowed down by me.

I plan on going to parks first thing in am. I will be leaving each park around 2 or so. If I return in the evening with the kids they can run to rides I will be mostly just there for pics, atmosphere, maybe get a seat for fireworks so should not need an evc.

but read everywhere about limited availability..I am going 8/15-8/25 is this something I need to worry about???? Now that I have come to terms with using one the idea one may not be available is worrisome.[/QUOTE]

Since you say that you are going 1st thing in the morning, you shouldn't have any problem that early

Save your recipt in case you decide when you come back that you need the ECV again, however this would be the time that the availablity issue could come into play

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter