EVC Rental - Randys?

robinson

Earning My Ears
Since reading this borad I have decided to rent an EVC for my stay at Disney. I called Randy's this morning. I meant to call Walker's. Anyway, I have things lined up with Randy's for the rental. He was very nice on the phone, but has anyone used their services. I am a little nervous and thinking that maybe I need to switch to Walker's. Anybody have any advice? Thanks.

Don't be worried.
We don't rent an ecv since DD has her own wheelchair (I've been working on my FIL tto rent one for years, but that's another story).
Posters to the DIS boards generally rent from one of these 3 companies: Care, Walker and Randy's. Everyone has their favorite, but in general, you won't go wrong with any of them.
The one thing that is different about Randys is that you need to be physically there to have the ecv delivered to you. That is the only thing I have ever seen people complain about regarding Randys.
Some people would rather have the ecv waiting at their hotel when they arrive, but others find advantages to being there and having it delivered to you.
For one, you can get any questions or things about the ecv demonstrated to you rather than trying to explain or listen to an explanation over the phone.
The last time I checked, Randy's prices were a little less expensive. One of the reasons may be that (at least I assume) they may have lower insurance and/or repair bills because of their "deliver it to you" policy.

Thanks so much for the information. I will just leave things as they are. I don't know anything about an evc so it would be beneficial for me for someone to explain it to me. He said that they would show me how to take it a part and how to drive it, which would be a big help. Again, thanks.

We used Randy's for a wheechair rental and will be again for an ecv our next trip. We had no problems with him, excellent service and a good quality chair.

My mom rented from Randy's for our June 2003 trip. There were no problems whatsoever. We would definitely use Randy's again. In fact, I 'm trying to convince my dad to use Randy's for our December trip, but don't think that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter