EVC/Epcot International Gateway and other questions :)

Drusilla

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am disabled and will be using an EVC to get around during our trip. We are staying at Pop. My dd17 is having her senior pictures taken at Epcot. We were told to meet the photographer at the International Gateway at 7:45am. We will be using WDW transportation to get around and will not have a car of our own.

My plan was to use the buses to get to the main gate at Epcot at 7:15am and then scooter over to the IG to meet the photographer by 7:45am. Will that work? or will we not be able to get to the IG from the main gate at that time in the morning?

Alternatively, how do I get to the IG from Pop? Are there taxi's that can accommodate a scooter that I can take from the Pop to the International Gateway?

Thanks for your help!

You will not be alowed in the parks untill they are opend ( unless you have an ADR or tour set up with DIsney) is the photoger a Disney one if so then you should be albel to go to the front of the park and let the CM know that you have a reservation with a DIsney photogerpher ( if you have the name this might help) and you would then they would let you in with all the other PPO group or you can may for a taxi ( Meris not sure on th speling) but they will be at Disney pop and they have accessable vanes you can have them drop you off at one of the board walk hotels and then you can just go to the IG at EPCOT should be about a 10-15 minute walk

What time does EPCOT open that morning? You won’t be allowed in the front gate until open, unless the photographer has made arrangements to get you listed on the PPO list.

Mears has accessible taxis and you can call for one from POP. The taxi can drop you off at Beach Club or Boardwalk Inn. Then you walk the pathway to the International Gateway. That would be my preference for transportation. If you have a portable ECV that breaks down, it would probably fit in the trunk of a regular taxi.

Enjoy your vacation!

What about taking the bus to DHS, then scootering your way over to the IG along the pathway? Then you could go directly in through the IG. From my experience in a scooter, the battery level should be fine.

I agree with lanejudy - a taxi would be the easiest because it could drop you off where it would be best for you and you also don’t need to worry about what time the park opens.

I doubt that Epcot would open early enough for you to get a bus to Epcot, go thru security and get all the way to the International Gateway by 7:45.
You could also contact the photography office to ask for advice on getting there, but I think they would suggest a taxi.

Are the Minnie Vans available for POP Guest yet? If so this would be the easiest. Although it cost $20.

Minnie Van is a WDW-offered service like Uber or Lyft. It costs a flat $20 anywhere on property, up to 6 guests, and they do have a couple of accessible vehicles. Unfortunately, it hasn't completely rolled out yet; I believe they are awaiting more vehicles. It's only available to guests at POP if they have already had the app activated. That could be from a prior stay at a deluxe resort, or maybe stopping by a deluxe and asking for it to activated (reports vary as to whether this works).

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter