Eurostar Seating Question

Busymum

Earning My Ears
Hi, Disney experts1

I am off on my first trip to Disneyland Paris with my family in a couple of weeks, and picked up the tickets today. Having looked at the Eurostar tickets, I was surprised to see that we don't all seem to be sitting together! I will talk to the travel agent tomorrow, but in the meantime, I would be very grateful for the comments of any Eurostar regulars.

The outgoing tickets are for coach 07, place no's 45, 51, 53 and 54. Coming back, they are for coach 10, place no's 31, 33, 34 and 38.

My son is only 5, and will need close supervision on the train; my daughter is 11, but I don't like the idea of her sitting next to a stranger!

I don't know the layout of the seats in the coaches, so it might be that this combination makes sense, but at the moment I am a bit concerned. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Nicola

Just in case anyone is interested - I did a search for "Eurostar seating plans" and found them at the ELGAR site (beyond me to post a link - it's a site for travel agents). We are sitting together, although on the return journey instead of sitting all four of us round a table, they have three of us round one table and the fourth across the aisle, which seems a bit strange. Maybe my husband rang them on the sly and asked not to be too close to the children - LOL!

I am planning to use Eurostar for the first time when we go to DLP in January.When we took our two boys(then aged 6 and4)in January 2002 we took Le Shuttle and the drive was far too long.

Are you going standard or castle class?
I would be really interested in your comments on using Eurostar when you get back.

Have a great trip(try and catch Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show,your kids will love it!)

Tina

yes your seats are together..eurostars seating numbers make no sense at all as will become apparant when you board the train numbers either get missed out or shared depending on wether you have airline seating or table seating.

my tips for eurostar though i have to admit its just been for two of us.

1. use the door at the next carriage along to enter and turn back into your carriage. Bad design has placed the luggage compartments for large bags next to the entrance where everyone is trying to get on causing a blockage on boarding. there are racks at both ends of the carriage the far ones are always empty.

2. if your not in castle or first class after watching london slide by for half an hour head to the bufet car get a nice hot pasta dish and a bottle of red wine, prop yourself up on the bar stools facing the window and watch the countryside glide by whilst relaxing. bring your own bottle of wine ny the way or by a few of those small ones.

3. of course if your heading to mlv direct to disney you can loose your luggage at waterloo i think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter