Eurostar and Disney Express

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi,

In order to use the Disney Express luggage do you have to book the entire package via Disney / Travel agent - as a package - as advertised in the brochure?.

I mean, if I booked a "Classic" Package minus travel from Disney and then Eurostar direct with Eurostar - thus saving £60, would I be able to use Disney Express?.

I suspect not.

Thanks

Iain

Afraid not Iain - as you suspected!! As far as my understanding of it goes, you have to book the full package on the direct train at 9.30(ish) a.m. Even if you book a package but take a later train, changing in Lille, you can't use Disney Express unfortunately. We always book a later train and, on the last morning :sad1: , take our luggage to the left luggage lockers at the station so that at the end of the day when we leave, we just have to collect them and get on the train.

Thanks for the reply diberry....what do you do when you arrive? - skip to the hotel, or leave the luggage somewhere?..if so where please?

Also - how big are the left luggage lockers?...I mean designed for a suitcase (expanded)???

It's up to you of course but as the hotels are so near we like to go to the hotel, check in, have a quick look at the room and then spend what's left of the day at the park. :sunny: Otherwise you'd have to use the left luggage lockers at the station and collect them later, take them to the hotel etc etc.
There are 2 sizes of lockers I think. The bigger one takes 2 really big suitcases full of vast amounts of stuff we didn't have at the start of the holiday!! ;) I think they cost 8 euros. They're on the very top floor at the station but there is a lift.

Iain, we have booked independently on the direct Eurostar but have not had any success with being able to use the Express Luggage service. I have felt like I was bashing my head against a brick wall! :scared1: I have contacted Eurostar, the Explorers and Disney and they also say "Sorry but no"!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: There must be an increasing number of people who travel independently either because they have annual park passes or they just prefer to DIY. I suggested to Disney that I would be willing to pay for this service but it was to no avail. However, when I was posting about this on the Dibb, Rob, who I recognised from this board, advised me that although there is absolutely NO WAY of using this service on the way there, apparently you can purchase Express Luggage labels in your hotel for a couple of euros each suitcase and use it on the way home (direct eurostar service only). He said this can be arranged at your hotel and suggested arranging it as early on as possible. Whether this is only Disney hotels I do not know, as the Explorers wrote to me and said it was only possible if I was on a package trip.
However, now that you have said about the left luggage lockers at the station, Diana, that gives us two possibilities. I see on the bumph about annual passes that you get free baggage holding with a dream passport, so I will enquire about that when we buy our passes. Anything to avoid having to go back to the hotel to collect our cases before our train!:confused3
BTW, Diana, where do we buy our annual passes from?

We bought ordinary park hoppers the first time we went and converted them to APs while we were there so we haven't actually pre-booked them but I believe you can order the passes before you go and they send you temporary passes by mail. You use these to get in the park on the first day and then go to the AP office where they take your picture and give you your permanent plastic pass. Sorry I don't know where you write or phone to get the temporary passes but I'm sure somebody else will. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter