Euro question...

pumpkinfish

<font color=blue>Clothing Expert and Magic Giver o
How many American Dollars does Euros compare to...or vice versa. I am considering going to DLP in 2 yrs, and am trying to figure expenses...

It's hard to tell what the Euro will be worth in two years, but when it was originally released, it was worth exactly one American dollar. These days, it's worth more. :-)( for us Americans)

As of today, 1 American Dollar = 0.83 Euro (or, 1 Euro = 1.20 American Dollars)

Yahoo has a currency converter: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency

thank you thank you thank you!

That at least gives me a basis of where to begin...

Now to my next question.....

Just to clarify how the Euro has moved since it's implementation on January 1, 2002, it opened at about 1 Euro = US $1.12. By the summer of 2002 1 Euro was = US $0.88. Since then, the Euro has rebounded and has been as high as 1 Euro = US $1.28 last spring. It currently sits at 1 Euro = US $1.23 as of my ATM withdrawal translation rate this morning.

Keep in mind as you plan, that although the Euro has been strong versus the dollar of late, the cost of park tickets is much less for DLP than WDW - even when the exchange rate is factored in. Accomodations can also come fairly cheap if you don't mind staying at hotels on property other than the DLP hotel.

Enjoy your planning - it's almost as much fun as the trip to come :)

Thank you BigTigger :)

If you can not already tell, I have no idea where to begin my planning. I feel very lost. I do all the planning fo WDW, but having never been outside the US, I don't know what to expect and that frightens me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter