ESPN WWoS - Spring Training with 1.5yr old

amlynn5

Mouseketeer
Hello, I'm not sure I'm in the right area for this thread (moderators please re-direct)

My husband and I are going to Disney next week, primarily to go to the last Spring Training game at ESPN WWoS. We are taking our 1.5 yr old. Can someone talk me through the activities available pre/during/post game for adults and kids? Are the Disney characters involved? Suggestions? I have searched the threads but haven't found much about the actual game experience. We are frequent regular season baseball attenders so I'm just curious the difference between a regular season game and Spring training game. Thanks!

We've seen Mickey throw out the first pitch, but that's it for characters. It isn't really a "Disney" thing, it just happens to be on Disney property. Any spring season games I've attended (at ESPN WWoS and other places) is pretty much like any other MLB game. Minor League teams provide much more entertainment pre-game, between innings, etc.

Enjoy your vacation!

My dad and I went to our first spring training game a few weeks ago, and it was really fun! We went to the back fields behind the main Champion Stadium center field area before the game, and a lot of the Braves players were working out and practicing there. If you are interested in autographs, you should be able to get a few in that areas. My dad's main reason for going was autographs, so we got there about 2.5 hours before the game. Other than that, there really wasn't much else going on at the complex. The game itself was a lot of fun; there were fun contests/trivia games between innings, a band that played a few times, etc. But nothing really "Disney" per se. I think Mickey was on hand for the first pitch, but no characters other than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter