ESPN Weekend and Roger Clemens

wdwowner

Mouseketeer
Bob, you won't be seeing Roger at ESPN weekend.:surfweb:

=====
Alluding to the steroids allegations controversy surrounding him as a likely distraction, superstar Major League Baseball pitcher Roger Clemens has bowed out of Walt Disney World's "ESPN The Weekend" festivities set for next week.

In a written statement released by ESPN, Clemens did not specifically mention the steroids abuse allegations that have clouded him since December -- allegations he has vehemently denied.

"I had been looking forward to ESPN The Weekend. Given some strong feelings in some circles today, I believe my current participation could be a distraction," Clemens said in the statement. "The event should be an occasion for fun by all and I want that to be the case for everyone involved. So I will not be coming at this point in time but I look forward to participating in some future event."

Probably for the best...it wouldn't attract the right sort of attention, IMO. Y'know, skeevy Congressmen and all...

I had a strong feeling when we recorded the podcast that this announcement was only a matter of time. They had originally had him advertised as a co-host back in October or November and right after that the Steroid issue came out. Disney and ESPN have been slowly backing away since the day he was named. After last week, I am sure this is how the whole thing played out before the announcement.
The following is a dramatization that has no real facts included. Or maybe they do who knows. It is another "He said -He said" position Roger has found himself in.

Disney rep- Hey Roger here is your ball we don't want to play any longer. :mad: Rep throws ball to Roger.

Roger- But I want to meet my fans just like I did up in Washington in Congress. :thumbsup2 Roger throws ball back to Disney Rep.

Disney Rep- NAH Here is your ball you may need it someday. :rotfl2: Rep throws the ball back to Roger.

Roger- But I want to talk to my fans and give interviews to my buddies at ESPN. I want to clear my name :wizard: and this ESPN weekend is what I think will do the trick. Roger throws the ball back to the Disney Rep.

Disney Rep- I don't think that will work Roger. :rolleyes1 We don't think it will play out well on TV. :happytv: Your Washington trip is still being talked about by too many people. :lmao: Rep throws the ball back to Roger.

Roger- Thats my point, If I talk to my fans they will understand and worship me :worship: :worship: :worship: like they use to. Roger throws the ball back to Disney Rep.

Disney Rep- Roger whats that behind you. (The Disney Rep points behind Roger with a shocked look on his face. :scared1: ) The Disney Rep throws the ball at Rogers feet as Roger turns to look. He then makes a mad dash for his car. :drive:

Roger- Hey Disney Rep where are you going? Wait for me.:clown: I want to be on ESPN tv.

Disney Rep- As he drives off in a hurry the rep says Oh you will be on ESPN all right. You have given us enough to talk about for the whole week-end. In fact we have so much material from the Washington trip we are thinking of expanding the ESPN week-end to a whole week. :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Roger- You promised I could come down to Florida. I have no where else to go. If I am in Florida one of the Baseball teams may invite me to their spring training so I can pitch again and be the top banana again. .:banana:

Disney Rep- See you on tv Roger :lmao: :lmao:

Roger- I hate ESPN anyway :badpc:

Roger to the Press afterwards- I have decided on my own that it is best for the Special weekend not be ruined, that I withdraw from the event. This decision was made by me and no one else. :rotfl2:

Please note this has been a dramatization in my own mind only. The characters are fictionally depicted and have never said any of this. Well I think that is true at any rate.

Bob, that was awesome!!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I know there was a reason why I nominated you for President!!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Tell Pete you have about 20 minutes built up in time to talk about your platform. I think you need to talk Pete into an extra 'Bob for President' show in the near future. If you think the other candidates have a following you should see Bobs! There must be "A Million Dreams" just waiting to hear you talk!!:wizard:

Comon Pete, give Bob his air time, please??:flower3:

Thank God! If I were Disney/ESPN I wouldn't touch Roger with a 1000 foot pole! (not that I would anyway..yuck!)

"ROCKET" Roger Clemens is best viewed from the fah end of the pahking lot.

Great script, Bob! :happytv:

Please note this has been a dramatization in my own mind only. The characters are fictionally depicted and have never said any of this. Well I think that is true at any rate.
You have a very vivid imaginary life. Should we picture all this with those little "dream sequence" waves they use on tv?

I think you should act this out on next week's podcast.

Wavy lines is a great idea for the future.

You never know what will be brought to a podcast.

I forgot to mention that playing in the background "Rocket Man" by Elton John was playing.

Wavy lines is a great idea for the future.

You never know what will be brought to a podcast.

I forgot to mention that playing in the background "Rocket Man" by Elton John was playing.

Hey, I suggested wavy lines! Do I get to pick a number???:thumbsup2

JK!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter