Escaping the rain -- A Spring 2011 PTR!

pdxJolene

Mouseketeer
Well, I couldn’t hold off any longer. DBF finally committed 100% to wanting a spring 2011 WDW trip so what do I do? Start the PTR! :cool1: The main reason I’m doing this is because I have no friends on the WDW side of the boards, I spend most of my time on the Disneyland side! So HELLO NEW FRIENDS!:wave2: If you’ve got a PTR or TR going feel free to leave me the link… I love reading about other peoples plans almost as much as I love planning my own trip! Okay now I’m sure you want to know who this weird-o coming over from the west and starting her PTR almost a full year in advance is…

I am… Jolene! I will be 21 when we take our trip and like all of you, I love love love Disney! I work for the state of Oregon as a receptionist and really enjoy my job. It’s slightly boring, but I work in the same department as my mom which is amazing! Growing up, we did take a fare amount of family vacations, but never to Disney. My first trip to Disneyland was in Feb of 2006 for nationals with my all-star cheerleading team:cheer2:. Since then I have taken two more trips with girlfriends, the most recent this past April! I’ve definitely got the Disney-bug and can’t WAIT to travel east and see Disney world! I have a feeling Disneyland will always be my *favorite* but I see Disney world and Disneyland as two totally different places, and I’m not going to spend much time comparing the two. My favorite Disney movies/characters are Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast & Toy Story!! I do have a special place in my heart for Cinderella though!

Coming along with me is my DBF and other half, Sam. We’ve been together for about a year and a half, though it should be longer… Someone took his time making it official ;) We live together in Portland and he works security. He’s been to Disneyland once as a child, and all he remembers is his parents borrowing his birthday money so they could stay another day. Disney is growing on him, and I’ve actually convinced him to read the unofficial guide! Though, now that I think about it he may have just been humoring me on that one! :confused3

l_3de3ee48c7ee455b9f55717d5540e5f1.jpg

This is us! Taken last summer, So both of us have actually lost a lot of weight since then. I need to get an updated picture...

25221_1405286299561_1454490006_3107.jpg

24871_1403863143983_1454490006_3106.jpg

A few pictures of me in Disneyland last April!

When: This is a little tougher for us, we haven’t nailed down dates yet. Right now we are deciding between February 2011 and May 2011. March and April are out due to spring breaks. Both of us have really flexible jobs, so we can take time off basically whenever. Any opinions between the two? I know May will be warmer… Is Feb. even nice enough to enjoy the water parks? That may be a deal breaker, as DBF is really looking forward to those. We know we’ll be staying for a week and a half, Sunday through the following Wednesday.

Where: As of now I’m decided on POP! I’d looove to stay in a mod, but we really will be spending most of our time in the parks and checking out the other resorts… As long as our hotel is clean, Disney and has a bed we’re good!

Food: We’re going big… and deluxe. Yes that’s right, deluxe dining. Are we crazy? Probably… But we definitely like food. I’ve also broken the days up pretty well, with only two days having 3 meals and we’ll have late dinners those days (like 930 pm) and no breakfast the next morning. We chose to do the dining plan just for the simplicity… Now we can order (almost) anything on the menu without worrying about how much it costs. Also, we typically don’t order apps or dessert so that will be a nice treat! We have plenty of time to take the parks slowly and enjoy ourselves, having two sit down meals a day will be perfect. This is my tentative ADR schedule…

Arrival (MK day)
Dinner- Ohana
Epcot 1
Lunch- Teppan Edo
Dinner- Coral Reef
DHS 1
Lunch- Sci-fi
Dinner- Brown Derby (F! pckg) (2)
AK 1
Lunch- Yak & Yeti
Dinner- Whispering Canyon Café
DTD
Breakfast- OPEN
Lunch- Earl of sandwich
Dinner- Planet Hollywood
Epcot 2
Lunch- ESPN
Dinner- Biergarten
MK 2
Breakfast- CP
Dinner- Cali grill (2)
AK 2
Breakfast- Tusker house
Lunch- OPEN
Dinner- Hoop-de-doo musical (2)
DHS 2
Lunch- Mama Melrose OR 50’s prime time
Dinner- Yachtsman Steakhouse (2)
MK 3
Breakfast- CRT (2)
Lunch- Plaza
Dinner- Spirit of Aloha (8pm) (2)
Departure
Breakfast- Kona Cafe
Lunch- OPEN

Alright, that’s all for now… I need to have something to say later! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter