Escape wedding Groom's cake?

disneydreamin23

Mouseketeer
We are having an escape wedding in two weeks and I just thought about a groom's cake. It's probably too late but I just wanted to know if it was even allowed. I emailed planner but she's out for a few days.
I know they have funny rules about cakes like we were not allowed to upgrade to a 3-tier.

If not, could say Grand Floridian make us a groom's cake and deliver it to our hotel room at Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks!

I did not have an Escape Wedding, but I did have a groom's cake, that we served at our welcome dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the GF. We ordered our Groom's cake from the GF Bakery and served it as a surprise to my DH at the GF-the restaurant/resort handled all of the cake storage, preparation, presentation, etc...Cake was awesome, ordering was really easy (email) and both the bakery and the restaurant couldn't have been more helpful :)

Your planner should be able to help you add a groom's cake when she returns, though, depending on how elaborate you want it, you'll want to get the order in ASAP.

Otherwise, I have complete details on ordering a cake for delivery to your hotel room here, including phone numbers: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/ Note that the Grand Floridian does not deliver to Wilderness Lodge, but the Contemporary does (and they make great cakes). You just have to go through a silly routine of calling Wilderness Lodge first, convincing them that what you want is too elaborate for their team, and then being "allowed" to call the Contemporary to order the cake.

I’m not sure why they told you that you couldn’t have a 3 tiered cake, because to my knowledge even for Escape if you want to upgrade the cake and are willing to pay for the additions to the standard 2 tier cake, you can! We had a custom 2 tier cake for our Escape wedding!

Thank everyone for the replies!

We definitely weren't allowed to upgrade to 3-tier. Our BEO is a little over $20,000 so it definitely wasn't an issue of paying for the upgrade or not.
For anyone that's wondering, we were allowed to have the groom's cake. They couldn't put the team logo but they can do orange and white checkered endzones. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter