Escape Wedding/Dessert Party Questions

SusieQ93

Mouseketeer
Hi - I am new to this board but have listened to a lot of the Disney Weddings Podcasts and have purchased the Passporter's book. I'm not planning on having my wedding until December 2018 (hopefully 2nd week of December), but I am a total planner and trying to have a basic idea of what our budget would be, etc. We are planning on having an Escape wedding and I definitely want to have a dessert party for Illuminations at Epcot. A couple things:

- Would a 5 p.m. ceremony not be available to me because it's December and I want to have the ceremony at Sea Breeze Point?
- I've read I can add regular food to the dessert party, would I also be able to pay extra to have it start earlier? How does this work? I'm trying to decide if we will really need a dinner reservation in between the ceremony and dessert party or if we can just provide food to our guests at a dessert party. Logistically, I would like the simplicity of just having a 5 p.m. ceremony, having maybe a little bit of time in between that we can do some of the activities on the Boardwalk and then heading over to the dessert party at Epcot. I just think that would flow better....but I'm not opposed having a dinner reservation too. Ideally we could pay for an extra hour of food service and have the dessert party start at 7:30 instead of 8:30.....I don't want to starve my guests by waiting too late to provide food, but I want to keep things simple.

Welcome!

You should be fine to have a 5pm ceremony in December. It's only during Daylight Saving Time that they don't offer it for Escape.

You can have the dessert party start earlier at no extra charge as long as you only have one hour of food service. If you want to extend the food service, they take the per-person price of your menu and charge that again for each additional hour (or divide it in half if you only extend food service by half an hour). One hour is usually plenty of time to eat, though, so if you ate from 7:30 to 8:30, they wouldn't put out any new food between 8:30 and when IllumiNations started at 9, but you could eat what was already there.

You should be fine to have a 5pm ceremony in December. It's only during Daylight Saving Time that they don't offer it for Escape.

Sorry to hijack the thread --but, it seems you are quite knowledgeable about the WOC Dessert Reception..... Is your experience only with the WDW based Escape packages or do you know specifics on the DLR Escape packages as well?

Sorry to hijack the thread --but, it seems you are quite knowledgeable about the WOC Dessert Reception..... Is your experience only with the WDW based Escape packages or do you know specifics on the DLR Escape packages as well?

I have some interviews with Disneyland brides on the Disney Wedding Podcast, and I think this bride incorporated private World of Color viewing into her wedding weekend: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2016/12/28/disneyland-castle-wedding-spotlight-christina-kevin/ I've only ever done the public World of Color dessert reception.

Here are all my interviews with Disneyland Escape brides, if it helps: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/?s=Disneyland+Escape My book only focuses on Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise weddings, I'm afraid! You might look for the Married at Disneyland Facebook group—they have lots of up-to-date info.

I, too, dont mean to hi-jack, but really? we can ask them to start it earlier? (hey carrie, its adeline :teeth:) i was worried about what we would do after the ceremony at SBP, but before the supposed 8 pm start time, so as long as we request an hour service we should be okay?

:wave2: Yep! You totally can start your party earlier. Just let them know what time you want the hour of food service to start. :thumbsup2

- Would a 5 p.m. ceremony not be available to me because it's December and I want to have the ceremony at Sea Breeze Point?

Just a note on this for any future brides, I'm getting married in Daylight Savings Time (March 16th) at the Gazebo and the 5:00 start time was a non-issue. They booked us at that time with not even a mention of it by our planner. I don't know why it says that online! I was so worried we wouldn't get our 5pm time but it was totally fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!