Epcot VS Disneyland Food & Wine

PadfootnProngs

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Has anyone ever been to both Food & Wine festivals at Epcot and Disneyland?

I already have a trip to WDW booked in September for Food & Wine and am so excited, it will be my first time going! Very last minute though, an opportunity has come up to attend Disneyland next weekend (not for free or anything) for a day. I know their Food & Wine goes through next weekend.

Who has been to both? If I pay up and go next weekend, will I basically be having the same experience in September? I'd hate to pay for the exact same thing twice, but it seems like it could be amazing if they're different!

Thanks for your insight!

I have been to both. They are similar, but also have some major differences. The Disneyland F & W is much less organized. We found that events were added last minute, and not advertised very well (we stumbled upon a talk with Kurt Russell). They had food booths, but only a fraction of Disney World. There were very few cooking classes and such offered. We did do a couple of tastings - wine & liquor - and they were fun.

Disney World's F & W is simply a plethora of events! So many things to try. Can I suggest the Tequila lunch at La Hacienda - we have done it four times, and have enjoyed it every time. We especially love when Humberto is the MC. We also really enjoyed Party for the Senses - very expensive, but, WOW, the food and beverage offerings are amazing, and the entertainment was spectacular.

So, I would say they are not the same. If I could go for a quick weekend at Disneyland's, I would, but just know that it will be only a taste of what Disney World offers. :-)

I haven't been to both, but if you listen to the DIS podcast the team raves about the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine. I don't think you will be duplicating the experience at all.

Normally I would say EVERYTHING about Disneyland Resort is better than WDW. Which it is. However due to Epcot Center being home for food and wine. I’ll give the edge to WDW. Simply due to Epcot. DL food and wine is more fun I think. But WDW. Version just bigger and more too it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter