TheSouthernBelle

DIS Veteran
So we’re headed to Epcot on day 1 of our trip in early August. We usually don’t spend a full day there but for the most part will on day 1. Here’s what I roughly threw together picking our FP+ today and our dining plans. We’re staying at BWI and plan to walk to Epcot for rope drop. We want to hit soarin and test track first, then do figment and Nemo. Generously given us until 10:30/11am to be done with these 4 rides.

We have the following FP-

Spaceship Earth 11-12
Living w the Land 12:15-1:15
FEA 1:25-2:25

We plan to head to world showcase after living with the land to shop/snack then ride FEA. We then will head back to BWI for swim/nap break if needed and plan to return to Epcot around 5 or 5:30 that day as we have dinner at San angel inn at 7:15pm and hope to be done around 9 for illuminations.

Few questions -

Anyone have a QS recommendation at Epcot for lunch? Was thinking sunshine season but open for suggestions.

If you finish dinner inside world showcase after they close, can you walk around and really explore the pavilions or do cast members push you out? Is it just open to see the pavilions but not enter any stores/attractions??

What are the shows/experiences/shops you like at Epcot that aren’t attractions?

Our girls are 10 and 12 and like Epcot but don’t love it so I’m looking for tips on anything we may have missed. FYI no mission space for us. One of us is ill after this ride no matter which mission they choose. :(

Welcome any tips suggestions you may have. Tia

Good touring plan. Can’t speak to any great QS places. Almost depends on where I am at, and what type of food I want.

Lots of good shows at Epcot. Jeweled Dragon Acrobats in China are great. Serveur Amasant in France is cool, but think that is only certain days or times. I’m partial to Coney Island Chris on the Boardwalk at night. Don’t forget him.

I don’t pass going over to Karamell Kuche in Germany for their caramel corn (or other caramel goodies).

Love Les Halles in the France pavilion for counter service. Gonna try the ice cream place there next time too! There are some YouTube videos out there on Epcot dining you might enjoy watching.

Last year we ate at Katsura Grill in Japan and the food was good, although the restaurant is pretty small. We also ate at Liberty Inn and the food was ok, but they did mess up our order so we got 2 free desserts. Your kids might be a little old for Kidcot but they also might enjoy it...my two are both looking forward to doing it again.

If you're rope dropping TT and Snoarin, definitely go to TT first.

Sunshine Seasons is a solid pick for lunch. I think the food is the freshest and it will get you out of the heat for a bit. 1.5-2 hours to go on 4 rides with two of them being TT and Snoarin is a little optimistic. I would definitely use the longer 2 hour estimate.

Sunshine Seasons is a solid pick for lunch. I think the food is the freshest and it will get you out of the heat for a bit. 1.5-2 hours to go on 4 rides with two of them being TT and Snoarin is a little optimistic. I would definitely use the longer 2 hour estimate.
Thank you. This is helpful. We’re not overly concerned if we don’t ride Nemo and figment they were really filers until our fP+ start at 11am but I figure we’ll find shops or something else if necessary. Thanks again!!

There are QS places in almost every country, and like you said Sunshine Grill. Since you're spending your morning in Future World or whatever they're calling it now, the Mexico pavilion is close and has a QS restaurant, if you like Mexican food.

Also, check out Agent P's World Showcase adventure! You sign up at a kiosk or using an app (just search for it). You pick one of 6 countries and then go to that pavilion. There's a video that sets up the "mission." My 8 year old loved the videos, I could have skipped them, but watch at least the first one. You are told to go to a certain location and do something or find some information. You answer a question on the app and as you complete your "mission" it triggers real world events. Our whole family ended up agreeing that it was one of our favorite parts of EPCOT. I've been going to EPCOT since it was only a drive by tour on the monorail ( a "Coming Soon!" type attraction), and Agent P missions took me to places and showed me things I'd never seen in EPCOT. We did England, France, and Japan and are definitely planning to do the others next time we go.

There are QS places in almost every country, and like you said Sunshine Grill. Since you're spending your morning in Future World or whatever they're calling it now, the Mexico pavilion is close and has a QS restaurant, if you like Mexican food.

Also, check out Agent P's World Showcase adventure! You sign up at a kiosk or using an app (just search for it). You pick one of 6 countries and then go to that pavilion. There's a video that sets up the "mission." My 8 year old loved the videos, I could have skipped them, but watch at least the first one. You are told to go to a certain location and do something or find some information. You answer a question on the app and as you complete your "mission" it triggers real world events. Our whole family ended up agreeing that it was one of our favorite parts of EPCOT. I've been going to EPCOT since it was only a drive by tour on the monorail ( a "Coming Soon!" type attraction), and Agent P missions took me to places and showed me things I'd never seen in EPCOT. We did England, France, and Japan and are definitely planning to do the others next time we go.

Thank you. I’ve been going to Epcot since it was first opened and never heard of that. We’ll have to check that out.

Looking at your FPs, I would rope drop Test Track, then head straight over to the Land and do Soarin and then Living with the Land.

You shouldn't need to wait for your FP return time when you're finished with Soarin'; the line won't be that long to just wait. Same goes for Spaceship Earth, just wait in the regular queue. With those out of the way early, you're free to walk around World Showcase for a few hours up until the back end of the FEA return time.

A QS place that we've come to like is Tangeirine Cafe in Morocco. It's a little different than your usual QS fare, tasty, any enough food for the money or dining credits.

Pick a Pearl at the Japan pavilion might be fun for your girls. You can get casings for the pearls there or pre-order them off of eBay or Etsy for less cost ahead of time and the girls would have lovely pearl necklace souvenirs.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!