Epcot Solo?

Gracefulll18

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever done Epcot Solo? I’m really considering doing it in January! Festival of the Arts will be going on, and it will be a Saturday. Is it worth it? :) if you’ve done Epcot Solo, what are your favorite things to do? Thanks everyone! :)

I have many times. You can really take whatever time you need to take everything in. During Festival of the Arts, you can spend a lot of time browsing the booths, checking out all the different festival food booths, etc.
You can also take some time to have a nice meal at one of the many table service restaurants in the World Showcase.
Also, there's a Single Rider line for Test Track, which usually gets you on the ride pretty quickly.

I have done it solo a couple times. But I don't think anyone can really answer your question as to "worth". Only you can decide if its worth it to you. FWIW, the festival of the arts didn't do much for me in past years. I just felt that it paled when compared to other festival at Epcot. The times I have been to the park solo, I did the exact same things I do when my partner is there with me. There's nothing particularly different about doing solo, unless being in a group prevents you from doing stuff you would like to do

Has anyone ever done Epcot Solo? I’m really considering doing it in January! Festival of the Arts will be going on, and it will be a Saturday. Is it worth it? :) if you’ve done Epcot Solo, what are your favorite things to do? Thanks everyone! :)
Epcot is great solo! It is worth it.

My favorite things to do are Spaceship Earth, Living With the Land, seeing the 360 movies, seeing the movie in France, The American Adventure and Voices of Liberty, sitting in that little out of the way area in Japan (just behind the Katsura Grill) and getting a Schofferhofer in Germany.

There are plenty of people on the board who go to the parks solo. Any of the parks are great solo. Solo or not, when I’m in Epcot that time of year I spend time exploring the countries because for at least 6 months out of the year it’s too miserably hot to truly enjoy.

I loved festival of the arts. There is chalk artwork to see and plenty of things to eat and drink around the world. I always try to do soarin’ and spaceship earth while I’m there, but the beauty of being solo is that you can do whatever you enjoy most.

Absolutely! One of the best days I've ever had at WDW was solo at Epcot! I actually only went on one ride the whole day too! I like to grab a few snack while I walk around the world exploring and stopping for entertainment. If you're into character meets solo it's the best park for that too

One of my favorite moments on my solo trip was an early morning at Epcot drinking my coffee at the tables looking over World Showcase Lagoon in the UK. I was the only person there other than a CM who eventually came by to open all the umbrellas at the tables. It was a great and relaxing way to start my Disney day.

Epcot has so many beautiful areas to explore and enjoy solo. The last time I was there by myself I spent a long time just hanging out in the bamboo area in Japan with some sake and it was so relaxing. Definitely my favorite solo park.

I concur with all that has been said. Some other solo things to do that might take compromise otherwise with others... impressions de france... getting a seat in the corner on a hot day kicking your shoes off. .staying at the sake bar at the back of the department store in japan for longer than usual chatting with the cast members about japan...and of course going back to the UK or mexico pavilions multiple times for beverages. No nagging voice going "again?!" 😉

All the time. I go solo every year and stay for a couple of weeks for the F&WF. I go to all of the parks solo. WDW is a great place when you are on your own. Epcot and AK are my favorite parks and I am there the majority of the time. World Showcase has so many little details that most people miss because they rush through or are only interested in rides. Go and have fun.

With out exaggerating. I’ve been to Epcot solo at least 100 times.

I've done almost everything (like not every tour but I have done some solo) at Disney solo at least once and it's always fun. The only slight downside is it's really hard to eat/drink around the World without friends to help you out. I don't get to try nearly as many things as I'd like to because a solo person can only eat so much.

If its only a one day trip, I don't understand why you would even hesitate to try Epcot solo? Who cares what other people think? Just go and have fun on your own. Solo trips are truly THE BEST THING EVER!

I did a few hours solo but that was just to meet some of the princesses 😅 .

But I would explore EPCOT more in depth solo too, especially if it's festival time.

I love going solo!! On my last solo trip to Epcot, I did the "Behind the Seeds" tour which was super cool. My kiddos would've complained the whole time so going by myself was glorious 🙂

I've been to WDW solo a number of times and love to do Epcot. I tend to stay at the Epcot resorts and have PHs or an AP so go to Epcot every day of every trip. I love to walk around WS just enjoying the countries. Go to all the little hidden areas, grab a drink and just sit and enjoy. Take your time and go through the shops. Eat what you want when you want. I do ride rides but that's never my focus when I'm at WDW. I spend at least a hour at the Living Seas just going through the exhibits. And give Figment some love, he needs its.

DH and I went this year the last week of FOTA for him to run dis first WDW half marathon. He did the 10k and the half, which meant that for several evenings he went to bed super early and I was ostensibly a ‘solo’ traveller. I LOVED my evening/night at Epcot. I went to the concert, tried the food booths, checked out the displays. I had a fantastic time. I also enjoyed the time we were there as a couple as well. However what those hours on my own showed me was that I could really enjoy the parks alone. I semi jokingly said I’d love to do a solo trip next Christmas (we have 5 dogs, and are in the UK, so big trips aren’t always easy factoring them in). A few days later we got a sizeable unexpected rebate from something and DH said ‘there’s your Disney trip, go book it’. So I’ve booked next Nov. All because of an evening/night going solo at Epcot and MK.

I’ve done Arts, F&G and F&W. I think there’s something to love about each, but Arts has probably got a slight lead for me.

Go enjoy

I am going solo in just 8 days! First time! My husband is not the Disney nerd that I am (although I've been slowly converting him) and I just felt very drawn to a trip where I didn't have to worry if he was having a good time too lol.... We also have three little boys and so are limited sometimes on how much we can do that isn't too much. (actually same for my husband lol) So my itinerary is packed full of stuff I thought I wouldn't normally get to do with the fam and plan to change as I go...If I'd like to slow it down and spend more time somewhere, what have you. I'm very excited! I stay home with my kids, so being alone isn't ever really a thing for me...hoping I get past any awkward feelings quickly. Festival of the Arts, Galaxy's Edge for the first time, Animal Kingdom for the first time, so much to look forward to! But yeah, hoping I'm not overwhelmed by just being out in all the crowds alone. Any words of wisdom /encouragement are appreciated! Solo photopass pictures? Fun or awkward? lol

I am going solo in just 8 days! First time! My husband is not the Disney nerd that I am (although I've been slowly converting him) and I just felt very drawn to a trip where I didn't have to worry if he was having a good time too lol.... We also have three little boys and so are limited sometimes on how much we can do that isn't too much. (actually same for my husband lol) So my itinerary is packed full of stuff I thought I wouldn't normally get to do with the fam and plan to change as I go...If I'd like to slow it down and spend more time somewhere, what have you. I'm very excited! I stay home with my kids, so being alone isn't ever really a thing for me...hoping I get past any awkward feelings quickly. Festival of the Arts, Galaxy's Edge for the first time, Animal Kingdom for the first time, so much to look forward to! But yeah, hoping I'm not overwhelmed by just being out in all the crowds alone. Any words of wisdom /encouragement are appreciated! Solo photopass pictures? Fun or awkward? lol

Good for you! You will have a great time. I go in 2 weeks for one of my solo trips. It is strange at first to be able to just do whatever you want to do without worrying about anyone else(probably how men feel LOL). Do whatever makes you happy and do not feel awkward about any of it. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!