Carlos A Cabrera

Earning My Ears
So there is a lot of talk going around about the upcoming overhaul of Epcot. Disney had released concept art a bit ago, showing Epcot in a whole new light. Although is you look closely you will notice that Innoventions East and West are both missing. Although i know this is concept art, and may not be the actual overhaul, do you still think they will keep these show buildings?

nnqi2s.jpg

I do know that one of these building are closed, and the other has like 3 exhibits. I mean although this buildings have anyways been there, like since I've been there, they really have no purpose. I have read the history of the buildings, and so many exhibits have been in these, but none have stayed very long.

I just wanted to know, if they were being removed.

This was announced/shown at D23 2017. This was said to be blue sky concept art. Blue Sky is not final concept which means its just an idea to basically start with.

According to rumors that have floated around from credible sources there are plans to keep the buildings, remove them entirely, and plans to keep just one side.

I think at the very least they will keep one side if not both. The largest store at Epcot is located inside Innoventions as well as several popular meet and greets.

Do you think they might redo its exterior so that it looks more current to what we see as futuristic, minimal, and modern (if they keep one)?

Innoventions was a really cool thing when run properly but ultimately they treated it the same as Disney Quest and forgot it existed. I've heard all sorts of things about what will happen to it over the years. Now I'd guess that it'll be gutted and a ride will take over as part of the overall retheming of the park. Seems like a likely candidate to expanding the Guardians/ Marvel presence.

Innoventions was a really cool thing when run properly but ultimately they treated it the same as Disney Quest and forgot it existed. I've heard all sorts of things about what will happen to it over the years. Now I'd guess that it'll be gutted and a ride will take over as part of the overall retheming of the park. Seems like a likely candidate to expanding the Guardians/ Marvel presence.

So they may expand Marvel in Epcot.....I know Disney owns Marvel, but it's going to be odd having Marvel in Epcot, and IOA is it not?

So they may expand Marvel in Epcot.....I know Disney owns Marvel, but it's going to be odd having Marvel in Epcot, and IOA is it not?
Disney can only have a very few select Marvel IPs in their WDW parks. Guardians is one of those IPs. Any IP represented at IOA cannot be used at WDW.

This is what is so misleading about concept art, It shows you want they want it to be, but not what your going to get. Like im going to show you "A" but your going to get "B."

Is that their agreement on sharing licensing for now?
The contract pre-dates Disney buying Marvel. Any character that Universal had at the time of purchase can be used by Universal. Guardians and Dr. Strange are the two big ones that Disney can use that Universal cannot. This only applies to WDW though as other Marvel character can be used in Disneyland, and overseas, except for Japan where a separate contract is in place. The contract in its entirety is online if you want to read it.

If Future World is being gutted to the point of removing nearly everything but the existing pavilions, I could see Innoventions being dismissed. Mouse Gears is indeed a huge store and money maker, but they could easily make a bigger/newer/better store during the refresh. If it's anything like the concept art, I welcome it; it looks incredible.

While the concept art looks nice .. it seems like it would be a logistical nightmare to basically redo the "hub" of Epcot. So I am sure they will take that into account. While we all would love for them to just shut down the park and redo it from the ground up, its not going to happen .. so their plans have to include how to redo a major area of the park without causing too much traffic flow issues.
Creating some grass viewing areas like they did at MK is one thing, but potentially tearing down or replacing buildings like Innoventions will be ugly and messy.

They will probably just continue what they are doing and work on the "outsides" (the pavilions) and actually putting something in the Wonders of Life (they have been fixing the roof lately) and then re-imagining The Seas, The Land and the Imagination Pavilion .. just like they've done with every pavilion on the East side.

The West side pavilions are the last remnants of the "edutainment" aspects of Epcot .. and even most of those original attractions have changed with the exception of Living with the Land). Sad to see it go, but when you have a park that loses its theme (see DHS before all the recent construction) .. it just feels tired and old and pieced together and no longer a "theme" park.

While we all would love for them to just shut down the park and redo it from the ground up, its not going to happen .. so their plans have to include how to redo a major area of the park without causing too much traffic flow issues.

The West side pavilions are the last remnants of the "edutainment" aspects of Epcot .. and even most of those original attractions have changed with the exception of Living with the Land). Sad to see it go, but when you have a park that loses its theme (see DHS before all the recent construction) .. it just feels tired and old and pieced together and no longer a "theme" park.
Sorry,have to strongly disagree here. No way would I want them to close down the park and redo it from the ground up. My vote would be to go back to the original concept and update. I think Future World started the downward slide with the introduction of Test Track. They only made matters worse by closing Horizons and Wonders of Life. Used to be our favorite park, no longer.

I hope they don't shut down Living on the Land, i love that tour. They should have never closed Bodywars, I never got to ride it, but it seemed like something i would have rode a few times, every time. lol.
I have also been hearing that Paas (easter egg coloring company) with being taking over sponsorship for Spaceship Earth?!? Any one else heard of this? They may paint Spaceship Earth in a rose gold color since its the most used color now a days? I would not find the ball attractive, idk its its silver color that gives it its future vibe.

The Land looks strange on that concept art unless I'm completely overlooking it. I also wonder what all of the round structures around the center are.

I have a feeling that potential plans for Epcot will be curtailed. The money for Fox will see to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter